Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I notice Rabb making it evident of Brussels bullying earlier on the Times interview.

May hasn't pushed Brussels anywhere near hard enough to achieve a credible WA, which explains why she got ravaged in parliament recently.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
FFS - he's a lawyer and he got bullied? It's the narrative you're being sold because he couldn't do anything and can't admit it.

Nobody is going to get much different from what's on offer, all of the wishful thinking in the world will not change that.

I’m sure the brexiters will scowl at this figure but the WTO and our current government are stating a -8% drop the economy if it’s a HB. The bill will be rejected by parliament, the crap thing is there is no plan B apart from a HB.

This is making me even more annoyed. They need to get Brexit over the line or call another vote if we stay that’s fine, if it’s stil leave then it’s HB no deal all the way.
This %age drop in GDP is also predicted by the IMF, in the event of a hard Brexit. It is madness to even consider this as an option. This would trigger an immediate deep recession in the UK, and who knows what the global contagion would be. The Tories would be out of Office and Labour would make the situation worse. With interest rates at rock bottom, whatever govt is in power would have to open the floodgates on spending. The fiscal deficit, would probably exceed it's previous high, undoing the period of austerity. This is about the only situation in which the SNP would win an independence referendum and join the Euro. Anyone who thinks that the UK could negotiate FTAs, from a position of strength, in this scenario, is not facing reality.

The WA is politically unacceptable, but would be less economically damaging than a hard Brexit.

No. I am aware and happy with that.

I suggest you read alistair's little twaat again.

he couched it as a threat.
Sure....and Trump's honest. He clearly stated one of the possibilities. That you see it as a threat is amusing.

It's you that needs a mindfulness course, chum. WTF were you fantasising about when you choose as your screen moniker the nickname of a child-rapist, eh?
You're not very well are you?

FFS - he's a lawyer and he got bullied? It's the narrative you're being sold because he couldn't do anything and can't admit it.

Nobody is going to get much different from what's on offer, all of the wishful thinking in the world will not change that.
Heaven sakes, what's on offer?

The UK is expected just to roll over & accept what's on the table Just because the EU say so?

Only wishful thinking from those politicians too gutless to fight for a credible & worthy WA. Both Davis & Rabb resigned not due to failure because May is weak & unfit to be prime minister. Her true colours have really glowed in this period, she maybe not be cowardice like Cameron however she's certainly spineless.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

He is right, who requires the EU to do it? The WTO
.......which is curious. Two parties to the GFA (Ireland and the EU) are willing to breach its terms because they want to trade with the rest of the world, despite the WTO on requiring borders be "controlled".

Two comments. First, the UK was pillioried by both the EU and Ireland when we suggested the same. Second, it's informative that Ireland sees compliance with EU/WTO as being more important than avoiding a hard border.

The ill-will towards Ireland's politicians is palpable.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
No this is incorrect, the experts in this thread have repeatedly informed us that there will be no additional delays at the border following Brexit.

Alistair Burt thinks that if the agreed deal with the EU is not accepted by Brexiters then MPs may no longer accept the result of the (advisory) referendum.
Ok. Seriously baffled. Hopefully those being prepped on next Fridays briefing will be back to tell us what to expect (being ex brothers in arms and all). It can’t be that much of a secret or we wouldn’t have been told it was going on.

If you fly over it, the one thing you can be sure of is that you won't bump into any Irish Air Force jets.

I do hope the UK stops providing air cover to Ireland......time for it to stand on its own.
.......which is curious. Two parties to the GFA (Ireland and the EU) are willing to breach its terms because they want to trade with the rest of the world, despite the WTO on requiring borders be "controlled".

Two comments. First, the UK was pillioried by both the EU and Ireland when we suggested the same. Second, it's informative that Ireland sees compliance with EU/WTO as being more important than avoiding a hard border.

The ill-will towards Ireland's politicians is palpable.
Agreed. Also, what do you make of the great debate about trade between Gibraltar and Spain? Well, 'what debate' exactly?' is right. It's a non issue and the Irish border issue is inflated way beyond proportion.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 385
S11Blade Brexit 476
B Medals 22