Brexit Phase Two - Trade

What stuff have I made up?

If I could be arsed, I'd dig out your post from earlier this week saying that only those without power are making any noise about an EU army (obviously before Macron and Merkel piped up).

Thing is most folk don't give a monkeys about an EU army, so long as it doesn't involve us.

If the EU army undermines NATO, then they'll be the first speed bump in the path of the Shock Army, which I'm quite sure they may have given consideration to.

British exceptionalism isn't necessarily as important to the continentals house keeping as you may like to think.
You can be arsed to make shit up be can't be arsed giving a link to what you claim I said? Bollocks and fail.

They should GAF about an EU army because it'll be on our doorstep.

British interests aren't British exceptionalism which is what got us here.

The EU would be wise to consider that adopting the island of Ireland brings with it the prospect of armed rebellion.

Best of luck with that one.

This is the EU that's got a hard on to bring the Balkans and all their unfinished business under its wing ASAP.

Its ideology - they believe that the EU can stop war just by flying its fancy flag.

Thanks. I am almost tempted to start my own little firm.....worst comes to worst, if it the situation is still bad, I will f-off back to the U.S. after I get my UK passport next year. I don't want to leave just now as I am this close to be able to get one after all these years here. Plus, I do consider this my home now, in a weird odd way. Lots of friends and stuff here now.
NODUF. Whatever else you do, start your own firm. And then get a decent accountant.

If some EU members cannot or will not pay their full wack for NATO, how do they propose to pay for a EU army, Where would it's HQ and Massive over-sized operational Staff be based, I bet it would be Belgium or in the tiny enclave Luxembourg?
Been done a thousand times, in the referendum and other threads. The sums are hooky everywhere, including our own.

What the fragrant Angela is saying is that the wig has overplayed his hand, if they can't rely on the US they're going to have to look after themselves.

IMO, this and us leaving will be a perfect opportunity for them to push further integration on all fronts. As predicted.

If some EU members cannot or will not pay their full wack for NATO, how do they propose to pay for a EU army, Where would it's HQ and Massive over-sized operational Staff be based, I bet it would be Belgium or in the tiny enclave Luxembourg?

Now, a cynical chap might opine that the current EU hard on for its own EU, rather than national armies is to deal with internal matters such as uppity regions no longer in love with the EU.

Now, a cynical chap might opine that the current EU hard on for its own EU, rather than national armies is to deal with internal matters such as uppity regions no longer in love with the EU.
One with a large collection of photographs involving SS uniforms?

That was, of course, in response to @Panic-in-Detroit 's reading of the tealeaves regarding what might happen next. So please try not to deflect a comment beyond the context in which it was couched, that is to say an alternative perspective to the one presented.
Still gives the the lie to trade horlicks though. ;-)

The EU is the Commission. All the other bits like the MEPs are just add-ons. The Comission are civil servants. How many times have you heard about Whitehall 'Governments come and go but the civil service is permanent'. This is how the EU works, the commission don't need to face the electorate at any time so can get on with their ideology, unchanging, rock solid and unmoveable.

Any changes will only be brought in by the Commission therefore change is incredibly slow and will only follow the Commission's ideology. Anyone who thinks that the UK can bring about reform by staying in the EU is just fooling themselves!
All true, the actual reality of the EU and how it works is a seeming mystery to the most deluded, or they know very well and are merely playing a game to continue the fiction and happy to lie and deceive, for their own purposes.

The Commission may well be a group of supposed failed politicians, but I would never call the likes of mandy stupid, or that german former deputy of juncker. They have run rings around British Governments for decades and any more foreign office or Prime ministerial victories and we would be speaking French and driving on the wrong side of the road.

The council of ministers are easily played off against each other and us exiting, gives every nation a chance for a new direction, once we are settled, the British Government should start actually trying to break the thing up and encouraging others to join us.

Gonna come right out and say it. The NI/Fenianland border is really causing grief. Whether that hassle is manufactured or not is a matter of opinion.

I don't like the deal as proposed, but maybe it's time that we in NI "took one for the team".

If the D.U.P. had any sense, NI could do well out of having a foot in both camps.

Oh. I said "D.U.P." and "sense" in the same sentence. That's like matter/antimatter.

I read exactly what you wrote, and your position is predicated on the assumption that Parliament would repeal the Withdrawal Act in order to avoid the current default legislatived position of exit on the 29th.

I pointed out that there are lots of if's and maybe's, but the current position is that no-deal = "hard" Brexit.

It's really that simple.
It seems however many times this is repeated this does not get through to the hard of thinking.

'No deal' is a default folks, not something to vote for or against.

You can be arsed to make shit up be can't be arsed giving a link to what you claim I said? Bollocks and fail.

They should GAF about an EU army because it'll be on our doorstep.

British interests aren't British exceptionalism which is what got us here.
I'm ever so slightly tempted to dig out your post and prove you're fibbing.

But you'd only dance on the head of a pin in the style of John G.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 273
S11Blade Brexit 474
B Medals 22