Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Precisely.

She said long ago she was taking charge of Brexit.

Wanted: Candidates for Non job.

Must be prepared to accept any and all blame for outcomes arising from matters you have no input to nor any influence over.

Evidence of resilience to international ridicule, open contempt from peer group and occasional silent pity an advantage.

Prior experience of acting as a Tethered Goat helpful.

Ability to put on cheerful demeanour during photo opportunities whilst signing vast documents you have not read let alone comprehend essential

Candidates with any future aspirations to high office or seeking further political career advancements need not apply.
What's the salary? Asking for a friend, of course.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I agree with all you have said mate but sadly I believe TM will win the Tory party vote of no confidence (if it even happens) because the Tories are mainly either snivelling europhiles or absolutely bat shit terrified of jeremy corbyn who is obviously even more damaging a prospect than our country being an EU vassal state!
so we then end up in the scenario where she stays as leader but loses the vote on her deal - this will trigger the fall of the govt as she wlil be unable to get her flagship policy through and then there will be 14 days for 'someone' to form a govt otherwise it'll be a GE
- now, if jezza is only able to form a minority govt then he in turn will be the recipient of a vote of no confidence! in that scenario there will have to be be 2 immediate party leadership elections, 1 each for the Tories and Labour - at some point even the thickest MP will twig on to the fact that they will need to coronate an actual likeable 'mainstream' personality to become the leader of their party if they ever want to receive votes from the public in that GE!
I can think of a couple for the Tories, but not one for Labour.

I see Michael Gove has agreed to stay in Cabinet and help May. Masterly timing as reports are emerging that the 48 letters required for a leadership challenge are about there.

Michael Gove rules out resigning over Brexit deal - Politics live

Looks like the slimy blank blank blank has fornicated his leadership chances by staying on the sinking ship.

Wordsmith
There are games being played by both sides that will not be comprehensible on the basis of what's in the public domain. I can certainly see why some might see value in not letting the Cabinet be purged entirely of Leavers - on both sides of the argument.

Do you think Tory voter Brexiteers would vote Labour in a snap election to get a Brextiteer in charge of the helm? I hadn't considered that before, but its a possibility I suppose.
I doubt most supporters of Labour or the Tories would cross the floor to that extent. Next time out, I think a lot of people are simply going to stay at home on election day. What happens in the election after that, when people have broken the habit, will be very interesting.

In the event of a GE, what on earth would Labour's manifesto position be?

Their current position is to re-negotiate a better deal. The EU have consistently stated that they would not extend A50 for re-negotiation purposes. I suspect it would offer a 2nd referendum, as this is the only way that the EU will extend A50.

The Tories also have a problem with their manifesto. Could they really offer "The Deal", after it has been voted down by some of their own party? If they were to offer a 2nd referendum, they would be better doing this with the current Deal, in advance of a GE.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Why should the CS have prepared for Brexit?

It does show how mis-informed the 'educated' were and still the same old BravoSierra about hard brexit and WTO rules here we come ffs.

PS I merely reciprocated on the dumb.

Kromeriz
Socky, socky, socky!

Not forgetting that.

A No Deal Brexit is not an option. Apparently 80% of the house (all sides) and UK PLC don't want a HArd Brexit ( UK PLC pay the Taxes and employ the voters and marked the cards of minsters/mp's) .

So the choices are..... The Deal or Cancel?

Got any other ideas?
The current default position is "no deal". The "Withdrawal Act" requires that we leave on or before 29th March. No agreed deal = hard brexit........unless the legislation is repealed, which can only be achieved via Parliamentary vote.

No only is no deal an option, it is absolutely the default position.

I presume you've read the Act?

Last edited:
In the event of a GE, what on earth would Labour's manifesto position be?

Their current position is to re-negotiate a better deal. The EU have consistently stated that they would not extend A50 for re-negotiation purposes. I suspect it would offer a 2nd referendum, as this is the only way that the EU will extend A50.

The Tories also have a problem with their manifesto. Could they really offer "The Deal", after it has been voted down by some of their own party? If they were to offer a 2nd referendum, they would be better doing this with the current Deal, in advance of a GE.
The Conservative manifesto: A signed off deal with final answers and the support of Brussels. With a giveaway budget already delivered and even her brexit wing of the party, having their wings clipped which shows proof of her strength and a clarion call to join her stable britain.

The Labour manifesto: eh eh, its a really bad deal... Somehow have to try and appeal to both remainers and brexiteers simultaneously, or the divisions in their party are exposed. So a referendum is not a mad idea, but then shouldn't they as a potential governing party be offering answers?
They have some additional giveaways, but they aren't calling for unity of purpose or a stand, they are calling for a revolution at a very tricky time, making a vote for labour another form of brexit on top of the current chaos.

Remember the mad woman shouting about not wanting a GE in the last one ?? The People have already lost their respect for Parliament, faced two years of fear etc etc and will be looking for somebody to blame, but also crave stability and Major won with a lot less than she has going for her.

I'm personally hoping for a no deal...Just watching this nation of mongs going over a cliff onto sharp rocks will bring me a warm glow inside. I knew all along see... Brexit was engineered by mongs for mongs...They deserve to see what they have done. Then they will see what bringing back control actually means... The lunatics will run the asylum.

Every man woman and child will grow to realise that stupidity is not a virtue.

Bingo!

The Conservative manifesto: A signed off deal with final answers and the support of Brussels. With a giveaway budget already delivered and even her brexit wing of the party, having their wings clipped which shows proof of her strength and a clarion call to join her stable britain.

The Labour manifesto: eh eh, its a really bad deal... Somehow have to try and appeal to both remainers and brexiteers simultaneously, or the divisions in their party are exposed. So a referendum is not a mad idea, but then shouldn't they as a potential governing party be offering answers?
They have some additional giveaways, but they aren't calling for unity of purpose or a stand, they are calling for a revolution at a very tricky time, making a vote for labour another form of brexit on top of the current chaos.

Remember the mad woman shouting about not wanting a GE in the last one ?? The People have already lost their respect for Parliament, faced two years of fear etc etc and will be looking for somebody to blame, but also crave stability and Major won with a lot less than she has going for her.
You clearly havent realised how toxic this 'deal' is. Even skim reading it it's plainit will not and cannot happen. Any party putting it in it's manifesto will be wiped out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 352
S11Blade Brexit 475
B Medals 22