Brexit Phase Two - Trade

PMTM should have been embarking on the big sales drive, to sell the Deal to Parliament, business, and the wider public. Today, all we heard was criticism of the Deal. Has anyone actually defended it (MP or media)? It looks like an impossible sell.

If the Deal is dead, the debate will quickly turn to No Deal/No Brexit.

Once No Deal is subjected to public scrutiny, I suspect there will be a groundswell of opinion against it, and the ERG will be shown up as the minority that they have always been. There will obviously be a lot of scaremongering, from MPs and the media. I don't agree with unwarranted scaremongering, but I didn't agree with BoJo using unwarranted words like suicide vest and f*** business.

When faced with the stark choice of No Deal or No Brexit, "The Deal" may get some support (am I being sarcastic or serious?).

There is money to be made at the bookies, on all of this, for the brave!

It wasn't quite that simple.

Whenever teh IRA fancied a spit of nonsense of the Border, the Guarda SB seemed to have no problem kicking down the appropriate doors and feeling collars.
It was no secret to anyone living in the south who the 'Big men' of the IRA were, and their lieutenants and goons.
It was also no secret which Politicians were in cahoots with them in the cross border smuggling that made them very rich men.

Whenever teh IRA fancied a spit of nonsense of the Border, the Guarda SB seemed to have no problem kicking down the appropriate doors and feeling collars.
It was no secret to anyone living in the south who the 'Big men' of the IRA were, and their lieutenants and goons.
It was also no secret which Politicians were in cahoots with them in the cross border smuggling that made them very rich men.
Aye, it was well known at the time and to see some of those faces on my telly and smiling reporters and politicians licking them, was a stomach churner.. In a sense, the same nasty little unpatriotic types that ran the country back then, are still in charge and why brexit is such a basket case.

People who bang on about knifing PMTM or whoever in the manner of Brutus et al, seem to forget how it panned out for the liberators...

Liberators' civil war - Wikipedia
History doesn't have to repeat itself, but its a well made point... The lady is not for turning, she is trying to channel Thatcher now.

I spoke to a labour party mate and he thinks an election is very much still on the cards, he is worried if she first pushes for a commons vote, she can blame Labour rather than her brexit wing for the failure to get the deal through and goes to the country. Made me laugh, when he suggested labour should tack towards the brexit position, I asked good luck with all the blairites in your party.

History doesn't have to repeat itself, but its a well made point... The lady is not for turning, she is trying to channel Thatcher now.

I spoke to a labour party mate and he thinks an election is very much still on the cards, he is worried if she first pushes for a commons vote, she can blame Labour rather than her brexit wing for the failure to get the deal through and goes to the country. Made me laugh, when he suggested labour should tack towards the brexit position, I asked good luck with all the blairites in your party.
You seem to be posting sensible stuff today

Someone on LBC said they think May has pulled it out the bag with the deal, and actually it might be the best thing to satisfy both remain and leave voters by binning freedom of movement, but also allowing us to continue closely trading with Europe.

I'm not sure or convinced - personally Freedom of Movement is the biggest loss in my view and the country will be poorer for it, but maybe the caller has a point and the majority of both camps will be satisfied?

Someone on LBC said they think May has pulled it out the bag with the deal, and actually it might be the best thing to satisfy both remain and leave voters by binning freedom of movement, but also allowing us to continue closely trading with Europe.

I'm not sure or convinced - personally Freedom of Movement is the biggest loss in my view and the country will be poorer for it, but maybe the caller has a point and the majority of both camps will be satisfied?
So where do you live and whats your hourly wage? Muppet

Doesn't matter if the rest of the world sees us as hard or strong.

We'll have no trade arrangements in the event of a no deal and DIT will sign anything put in front of them to give the impression of a win
Like the blue French passports and the pathetic coin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She is indeed. Rabb has gone, Esther McVey has just resigned and I suspect other ministers will follow.

The parliamentary arithmetic is such that she can't get her legislation through parliament - and the opposition are scenting blood in the water. I don't think May has more than a couple more weeks in office.

Wordsmith
Ester McVey is better looking than the Maybot.....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 385
S11Blade Brexit 476
B Medals 22