Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Same as parts of Glasgow and Ayrshire then?
Most of East Glasgow & Lanarkshire still nicknamed "Belfast lite"?

Ayrshire, my old haunt is where most go to retire.

Excuse the thread drift.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

No mandate anywhere for such an outcome, so I wouldn't bet on it if I were you. Me ol' flower.
The mandate is to leave the EU. The law as passed by Parliament and per the Lisbon Treaty is that in the absence of a unanimously agreed deal we leave next march without a deal.

No further mandate needed.

The mandate is to leave the EU. The law as passed by Parliament and per the Lisbon Treaty is that in the absence of a unanimously agreed deal we leave next march without a deal.

I don't think so.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

You're wasting your time, BL just can't accept that as he has never respected the referendum result.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Hard Brexit happens automatically on March 29th if no deal is agreed between the EU and the UK. and given that May's Chequers deal won't get through the Commons, no deal is looking increasingly likely.

Wordsmith
That’s a really good point. All you have to do is be brave, grit your teeth and attempt to hang on.
No matter what it looks like in the eyes of the rest of the world, how low our reputation sinks. Or what the rest of the country thinks.
And we wake to a bright shining day at the end of March.
When it finally comes home to roost what sort of world the brexiters have voted us into,

Wait what’s that noise. Business and farming interests in the north of Ireland were interviewed on two main news programmes this evening. Those in food ag and fish thought the get out a good idea. The farmers union, unlike the DUP breathed a sigh of relief at the fact that access and egress looked to be safe..........that was before the wheels fell off.

To save further bed wetting...they've mapped it all out for you.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
Bit slow even for Guido. That was hours ago, her job being to steer the chequers doc through the commons.
Typical young brexiters these days, give them a job, do they give it a shot. Do they hell, first sign of any difficulty and away they go, no doubt blaming everyone but themselves.

Most of East Glasgow & Lanarkshire still nicknamed "Belfast lite"?

Ayrshire, my old haunt is where most go to retire.

Excuse the thread drift.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk
I know that well, remember the first time my Uncle visited from midge land and his first words "Do you support Rangers or Celtic"

It just struck me as weird as a child, I didn't understand the underlying sectarian nature of the question

Ah I see. I must have missed the bit in Article 50 and the UK legislation triggering it that states Sky News online polls will immediately overturn the law.
Which law would this be? <Gets popcorn>

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ah I see. I must have missed the bit in Article 50 and the UK legislation triggering it that states Sky News online polls will immediately overturn the law.
The Sky poll is a bit of crap. I took part in that after getting a text asking if I would take part, answered yes and was then asked a question with an answer a,b or c. By the time I answered I received another text asking if I wanted to take part! This kept bumping in to my answers and I was answering like the Two Ronnie's sketch with the answer to question 1 going against Q2, Q2 going against Q3 and I have no idea where Q3 answer sent.

I have little faith in the poll outcomes!

It would seem, that the current incumbent PM has made herself and the country look weaker than ever.
She'd have had more respect (even from the EU (IMO)) if she'd had said no to any offers not agreeable to the UK and taken the hard Brexit route.

I'm now predicting that there will be a second referendum before the March deadline.
By today's actions, I'm presuming the PM is trying her best to make nonsense BREXIT negotiations and force a turn around of position, and make a second referendum at a point when they know the vote will swing towards remain.

I think my voting days are now over. They are all a shower of brown stuff. It's been a bloody farce from the start.

The EU could have solved this (for me anyway) if they introduced an EU voting system so we, the citizens could vote for what idiots were in charge at the EU. Example: who voted for Junkers to be at the top of the table?
Means we could make sure that Clegg spasclunge didn't get in there!

Forget politics. They're all idiots. Baaaaaah!