Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I wouldn't lose hope as yet, her words were pretty clear and if not this deal and hard brexit has absolutely zero chance of passing the commons, leaving you with remain and looking even more content than you were last night and a lot of angry brexiteers.

On her been pushed out, she has the support of the majority of her party. I don't see how she can be pushed, so your looking for a chamberlain honourable surrender and the establishment aren't going to let that happen.
Doesn’t the UK have to apply to the EU to remain? This would require a vote in Parliament to pass for the application then the remaining 27 nations of the EU agreeing to allow the UK to remain.

No deal appears the most likely.

Doesn’t the UK have to apply to the EU to remain? This would require a vote in Parliament to pass for the application then the remaining 27 nations of the EU agreeing to allow the UK to remain.

Do you expect the EU to say no, if we turned up cap in hand ? and I am certain, that motion would pass.

The very fact baglock has now started giving me likes, tells its own story. Why, I support the May Sellout, because it at least guarantees something brexitey and keep the flame alive for another day.

The EU MS didn't want us to leave.

As Tusk said this was lose-lose and only about damage limitation.

Staying might turn out to be easier than some imagine

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
On her been pushed out, she has the support of the majority of her party. I don't see how she can be pushed, so your looking for a chamberlain honourable surrender and the establishment aren't going to let that happen.
She has become an electoral liability for the Tories - her plan is sure to be voted down by the Commons. (As I've said a few posts back, there will be an unholy alliance to defeat it).

There is no confidence in May's leadership, and in those circumstances the Tories are ruthless. They only have one short term strategy now. Bin May and have the new leader no to Brussels and tell them (not ask them) to remove the more objectionable parts of the Chequers plan.

(I give May no more than 2 weeks).

The EU will be shaken to the core by the removal of May and I suspect will be in the mood to make concessions to avoid a hard Brexit - the otherwise inevitable outcome if the present plan is put to the Commons.

Wordsmith

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
We pay what we owe or the RoW will view us as untrustworthy.

Exact figure, up for grabs
There is a difference between what we owe and what the EU want! Pay the latter and the RoW will see us as a softer touch than May is producing now!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The EU MS didn't want us to leave.

As Tusk said this was lose-lose and only about damage limitation.

Staying might turn out to be easier than some imagine
Tusk also said yesterday that the EU didn't want to punish the UK for leaving! He had better tell some of his senior negotiators that then!

Tusk is a liar who is not even trusted in his own country.

She has become an electoral liability for the Tories - her plan is sure to be voted down by the Commons. (As I've said a few posts back, there will be an unholy alliance to defeat it).

There is no confidence in May's leadership, and in those circumstances the Tories are ruthless. They only have one short term strategy now. Bin May and have the new leader no to Brussels and tell them (not ask them) to remove the more objectionable parts of the Chequers plan.

(I give May no more than 2 weeks).

The EU will be shaken to the core by the removal of May and I suspect will be in the mood to make concessions to avoid a hard Brexit - the otherwise inevitable outcome if the present plan is put to the Commons.

Wordsmith
I agree and feel unclean stating my support for the sellout. But, you underestimate the conservative parties desire to hold onto power and overestimate the number of brexiteers in that party.

She was explicit, remain is an option and so this deal is the only option. Vote down the bill. Then she switches to remain and would win a parliamentary vote, with maybe 70+ Tories and DUP in opposition. I personally hope that I am wrong and you are right, of course.

There is a difference between what we owe and what the EU want! Pay the latter and the RoW will see us as a softer touch than May is producing now!
Doesn't matter if the rest of the world sees us as hard or strong.

We'll have no trade arrangements in the event of a no deal and DIT will sign anything put in front of them to give the impression of a win

Tusk also said yesterday that the EU didn't want to punish the UK for leaving! He had better tell some of his senior negotiators that then!

If you are so convinced that we are being punished, what are you going to think when the RoW doesn't adhere to English exceptionalism

Tusk is a wee shite.
I won't be surprised if the walls of No 10 collapse and TM resigns, what the hell happens then!

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
She was explicit, remain is an option and so this deal is the only option. Vote down the bill. Then she switches to remain and would win a parliamentary vote, with maybe 70+ Tories and DUP in opposition. I personally hope that I am wrong and you are right, of course.
Remain is not an option - to do so would mean the Tories withdrawing Article 50. That is electoral suicide for the Tories - Brexit supporters would desert them in droves at the next GE, they'd be reduced to 100 or so seats and Corbyn would be a shoe in for the next PM.

May would be toast the moment she tried it - neither the leave or the remain wing of the Tory party want Corbyn in power - they'd combine to remove her.

Wordsmith

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Doesn't matter if the rest of the world sees us as hard or strong.

We'll have no trade arrangements in the event of a no deal and DIT will sign anything put in front of them to give the impression of a win
You have overdosed on the Bollox Pills today!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 28
S11Blade Brexit 474
B Medals 22