Brexit Phase Two - Trade

If I'm ever made redundant in spectacular manner as yourself, you may have a point.

Doubtful though.
Do you never wonder why the world in general thinks you're a weapons grade tit?
How's the house clearance business going?
Lying failure.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
May's problems worsen.

Theresa May will be forced to publish government’s legal advice on Brexit deal
Theresa May will be forced to publish the government’s legal advice on the Brexit deal after a rebellion by DUP and Tory MPs.

The Government was left with little option after the rebel MPs backed a Labour motion calling for the publication of any legal advice on the proposed withdrawal agreement.
Given May didn't want to publish the advice, I suspect it contains several nasty surprises. Which is likely to increase the probability May's deal is binned before it even gets to parliament.

She's making Baldrick look like Einstein.

Wordsmith

Saying "I told you so" - pointing out that the problems with Brexit were entirely foreseeable - is v eu far from revelling in the failure Brexit. Going further, laughing at people who, despite all the evidence that it's a shít idea badly executed, keep saying "we won, get over it" is also not siding with the EU over the UK.
I would still like to see the detail, before making a conclusion, but it remains to be seen how much brexit we have, or simply a brino sellout.

The told you so stuff means nothing if it is brino, you should look in the mirror to see the architects of that option. Its the remainer civil service who have constructed this and very few brexiteers have their fingerprints on this document, if it is peace in our time, then time for a churchill.

Brexshitters who continue to defend this shambles whilst simultaneously claiming both that this is what they voted for and whining about it all at the same time deserve to be mocked, lambasted and hounded for the rest of their lives
Don't worry the time of your mocking, lambasting and hounding will soon be at hand.

Were off. 108 IPOs last year and none used the European framework. US and European listings coming to UK with listing switches from European markets to UK.

It’s choppy but two listings got over the line this week. London remains the place to do yellow cake business (uranium).

Shanghai London stock connect about to be launched. London remains the most international market in the world. Blue chip Chinese companies will be able to trade and list in London.

China chose london as the western market of choice.

Tech community has exploded in London. Fin-tech is critical and London is one of the most advanced exchanges using AI.

That’s the CEO of LSE - Nickhil Rathi

I’d say London remains not stressed about BREXIT

May's problems worsen.

Theresa May will be forced to publish government’s legal advice on Brexit deal

Given May didn't want to publish the advice, I suspect it contains several nasty surprises. Which is likely to increase the probability May's deal is binned before it even gets to parliament.

She's making Baldrick look like Einstein.

Wordsmith
Like this one. Which won't of course be in any legal analysis but represents the stark truth:

Brussels seeks permanent post-Brexit customs union

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Like this one. Which won't of course be in any legal analysis but represents the stark truth:

Brussels seeks permanent post-Brexit customs union
It looks as if May was trying to bounce the Cabinet into agreeing by presenting the deal at the last minute, trying to cut short discussion, trying to withhold legal advice and so on. It's already starting to unravel as details appear in the press.

May is heading for a spectacular humiliation and resignation.

Wordsmith

If I'm ever made redundant in spectacular manner as yourself, you may have a point.

Doubtful though.
Thing is, because I had a real job, I could afford never to work again. Not too bad at 47 for somebody who left school to join up at 16. I'm still working because I choose to.

Much like the rest of your existence, your moving on from one job and, supposedly, into another, all the while chasing shadows of research grants, will inevitably end in the whimper that so perfectly reflects your life.

I still chuckle at the unsolicited message and Linkedin profile you sent me. I admit, it's not kind, but it's extremely amusing.

It looks as if May was trying to bounce the Cabinet into agreeing by presenting the deal at the last minute, trying to cut short discussion, trying to withhold legal advice and so on. It's already starting to unravel as details appear in the press.

May is heading for a spectacular humiliation and resignation.

Wordsmith
I hope your wrong about the deal and still hoping its better than the kneejerk reactions, if she falls at a moment of crisis, the odds of a corbyn government really do become a serious possibility.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Predictably the SNP are demanding similar treatment to NI.

Brexit deal: Tory ministers meet to decide fate of agreement – Politics live
SNP Westminster leader Ian Blackford spoke the BBC’s Good Morning Scotland programme to insist that a separate deal for Northern Ireland should mean a separate one for Scotland. He said:
I’ve said repeatedly to the prime minister that the one deal that can command a majority in the house of Commons is to stay in the single market and the customs union. As far as we understand things this morning it looks as if it’s going to be a different deal for Northern Ireland. Now if it is permissible for Northern Ireland to stay in the single market as part of the backstop, then of course Scotland should be given the same opportunity.
For a start that means the Scottish Tories won't support May's agreement in Parliament.

Stupidity on stupidity.

Wordsmith

Were off. 108 IPOs last year and none used the European framework. US and European listings coming to UK with listing switches from European markets to UK.

It’s choppy but two listings got over the line this week. London remains the place to do yellow cake business (uranium).

Shanghai London stock connect about to be launched. London remains the most international market in the world. Blue chip Chinese companies will be able to trade and list in London.

China chose london as the western market of choice.

Tech community has exploded in London. Fin-tech is critical and London is one of the most advanced exchanges using AI.

That’s the CEO of LSE - Nickhil Rathi

I’d say London remains not stressed about BREXIT
Oh, no. RemaIN must be right. Everyone will leave London and move to Krakow or something... Maybe Malta.

Oh, no. RemaIN must be right. Everyone will leave London and move to Krakow or something... Maybe Malta.
No onto major investment funds. Three biggest institutional investment fund CEOs now on a panel talking about impact on investors

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I hope your wrong about the deal and still hoping its better than the kneejerk reactions, if she falls at a moment of crisis, the odds of a corbyn government really do become a serious possibility.
Under the Fixed Term Parliaments Act the Tories have to lose a vote of confidence in Parliament for there to be a GE. They'll be supported by the DUP and will win it, but at the cost of major political damage.

Wordsmith

Thing is, because I had a real job, I could afford never to work again. Not too bad at 47 for somebody who left school to join up at 16. I'm still working because I choose to.

Much like the rest of your existence, your moving on from one job and, supposedly, into another, all the while chasing shadows of research grants, will inevitably end in the whimper that so perfectly reflects your life.

You're a stay-at-home dad, mate. An obese stay-at-home dad. One who is so fat, your ankle snapped under the crush of your own bodyweight.

You're a stay-at-home dad, mate. An obese stay-at-home dad. One who is so fat, your ankle snapped under the crush of your own bodyweight.
Lke the rest of your rather pathetic existence, not a single word of this is true. I genuinely pity you, and truly hope, despite the overwhelming odds, that you are able to make something of yourself.

Lke the rest of your rather pathetic existence, not a single word of this is true. I genuinely pity you, and truly hope, despite the overwhelming odds, that you are able to make something of yourself.
I think you must spend more time with your child and less time on here.

Poor kid, imagine the sight of your obese, balding father, cigarette in hand, stepping over you in his underpants so he can argue with some anonymous bloke on ARRSE about how successful he is.

A toddler in an old mans body. Tragic really. Someone should inform social services.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 270
S11Blade Brexit 474
B Medals 22