Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I'm laughing at your tears of frustration. It wasn't exactly 'diligent' to copy the past couple of pages of posts by you was it? I always thought we weren't supposed to swear .........

Do you need a tissue?
Not at all; to be honest, I am at a loss how to prove something and its the very definition of catch 22. I have tried reason, a little annoyance and reluctantly have to put you on and a few others on ignore.. Its ugly to do, but what option do I have when a perpetually angry troll is determined to bring me down like some existential judge dreadful.

Given your biggest cheerleaders is Graculus and Baglock, I rest my case you f**king idiot.
You really do not have a fecking Scooby do you? I treat people as I find them, @History_Man and I are on seperate sides of this debate.

So, how's the experiment?

Not at all; to be honest, I am at a loss how to prove something and its the very definition of catch 22. I have tried reason, a little annoyance and reluctantly have to put you on and a few others on ignore.. Its ugly to do, but what option do I have when a perpetually angry troll is determined to bring me down like some existential judge dreadful.
Weak :)

Nope, you’re forgetting a very important fact or two
When have you ever been interested in facts when stream of consciousness posting will do?

[QUOTE="Panic-in-Detroit, post: 8900309, member: 49287"Regardless of any agreement, a sovereign country can always unilaterally terminate an agreement.
There is no mechanism for leaving the euro. How does a sovereign country leave a currency union that they've signed up to and whose terms state you can't leave?

In addition, all internationally binding legal agreements have an exit clause. The EU want to sign us to to an agreement where they are the arbiter of when we can leave the backstop.

Wordsmith[/QUOTE]

There was no mechanism for removing the Argies from the FI, but we found one.

The Eurozone countries have ceded significantly more sovereignty to the Eu than the UK has. Leaving the euro would be painful and on unfriendly terms. These situations are not win/win, but if a country was determined to leave, and suffer the short term consequences, it could. Countries and regions are continually breaking up and coming together over time. The Eu thinks that it can stop this, and control the future destiny of nations. It can't!

International law is not particularly enforceable if one side is determined to ignore it. The longer term solution to Ireland may indeed be a hard border. This is not politically acceptable at this moment in time, but would overtake the backstop.

I have listened carefully to JRM, BoJo and DD, and every time they are asked about the border issue they bat it away. They are opposing May, without providing any practical alternative. Incidentally, I think things have progressed better since BoJo and DD resigned. As a Brexiteer, I have increasingly felt that they have been undermining our negotiating position (rather than holding May's feet to the fire!).

Of course May should have, and could have huffed and puffed more. Another leader would have done things differently. But there is no evidence that the Eu would have responded any differently. In the absence of an alternative detailed blueprint from JRM/BoJo/DD, May's "Deal" is the only deal in town. I think that the ERG are playing with fire in threatening to vote against it.

Another one for the Wall of the Weak. So long sojer....

The Eurozone countries have ceded significantly more sovereignty to the Eu than the UK has. Leaving the euro would be painful and on unfriendly terms.
by definition of course they have by surrendering their own fiscal control. The point is a country with no control of it's finances has ceded just about everything. Brown kept us out,that's to his credit. However it's not clear why he signed Lisbon. I still can't fathom the logic of ceding everything else to the Eurozone but not the finances unless there was a Machiavellian plan for the EU to be controlled by us. You can't have eve closer political union without control of the purse strings.

Will PMTM’s new sashaying tune be the theme from MASH?
I said in an earlier posting that PMTM is not stupid and is doing exactly what is required of her by the establishment within the conservative party, who work for big business.

My firm sends out regular brexit updates and the tone is so arrogant in its expectation, they expect a business friendly conservative government to do what is right for business however things are worded.. They also suggested the labour party election victory would crash the economy and the most interesting point of all: That the EU position, is all over the place and the firm hasn't a Scooby, all the barriers are in Europe, its their market and they are assumed to have a raft of protectionist measures which will be harsh if we don't bend, or mildly exploitative to pick off business from the UK.

Sashaying is the word for a hireling.

I said in an earlier posting that PMTM is not stupid and is doing exactly what is required of her by the establishment within the conservative party, who work for big business.

My firm sends out regular brexit updates and the tone is so arrogant in its expectation, they expect a business friendly conservative government to do what is right for business however things are worded.. They also suggested the labour party election victory would crash the economy and the most interesting point of all: That the EU position, is all over the place and the firm hasn't a Scooby, all the barriers are in Europe, its their market and they are assumed to have a raft of protectionist measures which will be harsh if we don't bend, or mildly exploitative to pick off business from the UK.

Sashaying is the word for a hireling.
You're telling fibs again, no UK business or large foreign owned business is going to send updates like that to its workforce. You know, it's not that you lie so much, it's how bad they are. You make Johnson seem trustworthy.

All at sea: Raab's ignorance of Dover-Calais stuns critics

Dominic Raab, after he admitted that until recently he did not fully appreciate the importance of the Dover-Calais crossing for UK trade.... rather like other mongs trying to salvage power from ignorance.

Arabs actually not too far off the mark re Dover.
It’s importance is massively overstated by Remain. Alternative ports are available, and compared with the volumes that come through Felixstowe, London, immingham, it’s a trade minnow.

Last edited:
Arabs actually not too far off the mark re Dover.
It’s importance is massively overstated by Remain. Alternative ports are available, and compared with the volumes that come through Felixstowe, London, immingham, it’s a trade minnow.
Guess what..... if there is congestion in Dover ...... there will be congestion in every other port where a lot of business is
With the EU

Considerations like that didn't stop the EU imposing savage austerity on Greece after the last recession.

Come the next recession, if Ireland needs aid from the EU again, it will come with strings attached, one being that Ireland has to raise its corporation tax rates.

Best get used to being a region of the EU rather than a sovereign state like the UK is about to be.

Wordsmith
Guess what are last one did and we took the medicine

How many bailouts has Greece needed in the last 10 years?

There is no mechanism for leaving the euro. How does a sovereign country leave a currency union that they've signed up to and whose terms state you can't leave?

In addition, all internationally binding legal agreements have an exit clause. The EU want to sign us to to an agreement where they are the arbiter of when we can leave the backstop.

Wordsmith
There was no mechanism for removing the Argies from the FI, but we found one.

The Eurozone countries have ceded significantly more sovereignty to the Eu than the UK has. Leaving the euro would be painful and on unfriendly terms. These situations are not win/win, but if a country was determined to leave, and suffer the short term consequences, it could. Countries and regions are continually breaking up and coming together over time. The Eu thinks that it can stop this, and control the future destiny of nations. It can't!

International law is not particularly enforceable if one side is determined to ignore it. The longer term solution to Ireland may indeed be a hard border. This is not politically acceptable at this moment in time, but would overtake the backstop.

I have listened carefully to JRM, BoJo and DD, and every time they are asked about the border issue they bat it away. They are opposing May, without providing any practical alternative. Incidentally, I think things have progressed better since BoJo and DD resigned. As a Brexiteer, I have increasingly felt that they have been undermining our negotiating position (rather than holding May's feet to the fire!).

Of course May should have, and could have huffed and puffed more. Another leader would have done things differently. But there is no evidence that the Eu would have responded any differently. In the absence of an alternative detailed blueprint from JRM/BoJo/DD, May's "Deal" is the only deal in town. I think that the ERG are playing with fire in threatening to vote against it.[/QUOTE]
There was no leave mechanism for the EU until the Lisbon Treaty