Brexit Phase Two - Trade

That is slightly clearer, you really need to tighten up your writing.

From what you say, you apologised to several people, what for and on whose say so is not the issue. This apologising you reported on Arrse, from where you picked up some bites (nibbles) from Arrsers, not from the Septics and Swedes, which your statement could easily imply, so you decided to maintain the frisson by lying to the site! :threaten:

You no longer apologise to Johnny foreigner. Correct?

This now leads into the next question - did you stop apologising because you realised you were wrong to do so and now fully accept Brexit? A fact you have tried to cover up by fibbing and prolonging the idea of you being the country's self appointed apologiser.

I think you need to apologise to the site! :mad:
Have you stopped making stuff up about people yet or are you ready for that bet?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The Italian reply will be predictable - Foxtrot Oscar.

And unlike Greece, Italy is too big to bully. Not least because if the Italian economy gets into trouble, the euro is toast.

If we get a full on EU v Italy punch-up, Brexit becomes a sideshow.

Wordsmith
Brexit is already a side-show.

And unlike Greece, Italy is too big to bully. Not least because if the Italian economy gets into trouble, the euro is toast.

Wordsmith
Genuine question here - Could the EU theoretically reject a UK budget before the Brexit date?

I don't think they can because we're not part of the Eurozone however, like you, happy to be enlightened by something definitive.
Ah yes. You're probably right there

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Genuine question here - Could the EU theoretically reject a UK budget before the Brexit date?
As far as I know - no. The Italian budget can be rejected because it's a member of the euro and - on paper at least - all euro states have to conform to a set of 'convergence' criteria.

However, if the Italians say 'No', there is f-all the European Commission can do about it. Were they to try, and cause a run on the Italian banks as a result, that's effectively it for the euro. The impact of an Italian financial crisis would finish it.

And given as there is fairly wide recognition in Italy that the euro is the cause of their economic stagnation - the Italian economy has scarcely grown over the past decade - saying Foxtrot Oscar to the EU is politically popular in Italy.

Wordsmith

Nice chap.
100% correct.

As far as I know - no. The Italian budget can be rejected because it's a member of the euro and - on paper at least - all euro states have to conform to a set of 'convergence' criteria.

However, if the Italians say 'No', there is f-all the European Commission can do about it. Were they to try, and cause a run on the Italian banks as a result, that's effectively it for the euro. The impact of an Italian financial crisis would finish it.

And given as there is fairly wide recognition in Italy that the euro is the cause of their economic stagnation - the Italian economy has scarcely grown over the past decade - saying Foxtrot Oscar to the EU is politically popular in Italy.

Wordsmith
The Eu can fine them, and that will go down well with the Italians

Wordsmith
So who's David or Goliath?

And the final outcome?

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk