Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well, we know just how accurate pills, esp you give polls, have been. The questions were a bit obvious and I would be interested in who paid for this particular poll? The Times lead with it but I wonder if they actually funded it. Like many polls it is how the info is gathered and interpreted. For instance Scotland seems to be given equal status as London yet the populations are so different that to equate them skews the poll imo. I know there is weighting but in this instance it does not appear to be a sensible argument.

Lastly the poll is confusing the incompetence and popularity of May with the population's desires on Brexit. All in all, so much has been mashed together I don't think I could accept the results as something that would be reflected in the polling booths.
The weighted sample sizes are shown. London is half as big again as Scotland.

BRINO? Certainly looks like it which I trust will be repulsed by parliament in the usual manner.

It is noticeable though that the ERG are being very quiet these days. I wonder what is being cooked up?
Probably trying to cook up some sort of plan.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
This is interesting.
Theresa May has ordered a weekly update for the cabinet on the progress of preparations for Brexit – both with and without a withdrawal deal. The updates will be provided by the Brexit secretary Dominic Raab.
The cabinet were royally urinated off that May was making offers to Brussels (such as extending the transition period) without consulting them. It's also noticeable that Raab is providing the updates instead of May.

We can be fairly confident that the Attorney General will providing updates on the legal implications of any deal and any further attempts to lock the UK into the EU by stealth by the likes of Ollie Robbins will be punted into touch by the Cabinet.

May is a seriously weakened Prime Minister - she might not survive multiple resignations from her Cabinet so has to tread very carefully indeed. A prime minister in office, but not in power.

Wordsmith

This is interesting.

The cabinet were royally urinated off that May was making offers to Brussels (such as extending the transition period) without consulting them. It's also noticeable that Raab is providing the updates instead of May.

We can be fairly confident that the Attorney General will providing updates on the legal implications of any deal and any further attempts to lock the UK into the EU by stealth by the likes of Ollie Robbins will be punted into touch by the Cabinet.

May is a seriously weakened Prime Minister - she might not survive multiple resignations from her Cabinet so has to tread very carefully indeed. A prime minister in office, but not in power.

Wordsmith
She's been vulnerable since June 2017 but is still there. As is Robbins.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
BRINO? Certainly looks like it which I trust will be repulsed by parliament in the usual manner.

It is noticeable though that the ERG are being very quiet these days. I wonder what is being cooked up?
Letter counting, bribery, coercion it’s difficult to know at least there’s no hurry.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The weighted sample sizes are shown. London is half as big again as Scotland.
Well they must only be counting about a third of London!

ETA, while I realise that weighting is shown, the result still shows the region's as bring equal. 68% of people in Scotland us probably about 29% of people in London. The same analogy could be used for each region.

Well, when you are the 2nd poorest country in Europe in 1973, only Portugal, another highly religious protofascist State, was poorer, the only way was up.
But that wasn’t thanks to the EEC/EU cockbag, that was thanks to DeValera dying avd ireland dropping it’s insane protectionist avd anti British policies that had sent it from prosperity to poverty in a generation after independence.
Ireland’s poverty in 1973 was 100% self inflicted - and made cross border smuggling the essential economic safety valve that kept the country working.

Well, next economic crash, Dublin can get all the funds from its best bezzers in Brussels at punitive rates.

Varadkar is allowing Ireland to be used as a useful idiot by the European Union, a stick to try and beat the UK.

Well, from next year, Ireland’s two biggest trading partners by far will be outside the E.U., avd Ireland’s percentage of inter E.U. trade will be the lowest if any E.U. member state. It’s also going to be the only English speaking state, the only one driving on the left and the only one without a napoleonic legal system and it’s still going to be stuck out there in the Atlantic.
Your countrymen must be proud of you.

Well, when you are the 2nd poorest country in Europe in 1973, only Portugal, another highly religious protofascist State, was poorer, the only way was up.
But that wasn’t thanks to the EEC/EU cockbag, that was thanks to DeValera dying avd ireland dropping it’s insane protectionist avd anti British policies that had sent it from prosperity to poverty in a generation after independence.
Ireland’s poverty in 1973 was 100% self inflicted - and made cross border smuggling the essential economic safety valve that kept the country working.

Well, next economic crash, Dublin can get all the funds from its best bezzers in Brussels at punitive rates.

Varadkar is allowing Ireland to be used as a useful idiot by the European Union, a stick to try and beat the UK.

Well, from next year, Ireland’s two biggest trading partners by far will be outside the E.U., avd Ireland’s percentage of inter E.U. trade will be the lowest if any E.U. member state. It’s also going to be the only English speaking state, the only one driving on the left and the only one without a napoleonic legal system and it’s still going to be stuck out there in the Atlantic.
Don’t let the truth stand in the way of your argument

That’s previously been shot down by the Brexiters

Latest Threads