Brexit Phase Two - Trade

The fact that Amber Rudd (maj. 346?) has waded in on May's behalf is not a good sign... for the PM! Talking to my Tory donor friend yesterday, he stated that the mood in the party had shifted decisively against May and that, as a result, he was flying back early from a business trip to Norway.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Nope - but sensible Irish leadership would have resulted in the Irish government doing its best to reconcile the interests of the EU and the UK so it didn't fornicate off its biggest trading partner.

Allowing the EU to weaponise the Irish border issue is going to have a significant impact on the ROI's economy. It would have been in Irish interests to tell the EU to downplay that one rather than use it as a stick to beat the UK over the head with.

If I chuck a rock at the local bully, it's hardly going to be a surprise if he walks up and smacks me in the mouth.

Wordsmith
Even better if those leaving a large rules based club understood the ramifications of not sticking to the rules of the club.

Weaponising the Irish border. As the campaign chant was 'taking back control of our borders'. Imagine the eu and Ireland's surprise when brexit ears thought that it was down the Irish Sea .

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The fact that Amber Rudd (maj. 346?) has waded in on May's behalf is not a good sign... for the PM! Talking to my Tory donor friend yesterday, he stated that the mood in the party had shifted decisively against May and that, as a result, he was flying back early from a business trip to Norway.
Initially May was protected because the Remain wing of the party would not support an attempt to oust her for fear of getting a hard-line Brexit supporting leader.

Then the timescale for completing the Brexit negotiations got so short there was no longer time to remove May, even if the will was there.

However, after March 2019, both wings of the party have an interest in getting May out and putting a more effective leader in place. May is a dead woman walking with the assassination date already penciled in.

Wordsmith,

Initially May was protected because the Remain wing of the party would not support an attempt to oust her for fear of getting a hard-line Brexit supporting leader.

Then the timescale for completing the Brexit negotiations got so short there was no longer time to remove May, even if the will was there.

However, after March 2019, both wings of the party have an interest in getting May out and putting a more effective leader in place. May is a dead woman walking with the assassination date already penciled in.

Wordsmith,
And her pension will be how large?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

Wordsmith,
'March, that was seven months ago. Are the conservatives suddenly turning into the Labour Party. Usually when the conservatives get rid of a leader it's fairly rapid. This morning we hear they can't even get enough letters signed to tip her out.

Last edited:
Snipped..

Wordsmith,
If you were a politician that would constitute a 'vile' briefing:

Parties rally to Theresa May over ‘vile’ briefings

Whither figurative speech in these pc times

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well, we know just how accurate pills, esp you give polls, have been. The questions were a bit obvious and I would be interested in who paid for this particular poll? The Times lead with it but I wonder if they actually funded it. Like many polls it is how the info is gathered and interpreted. For instance Scotland seems to be given equal status as London yet the populations are so different that to equate them skews the poll imo. I know there is weighting but in this instance it does not appear to be a sensible argument.

Lastly the poll is confusing the incompetence and popularity of May with the population's desires on Brexit. All in all, so much has been mashed together I don't think I could accept the results as something that would be reflected in the polling booths.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
All Ireland wants is a mutually Beneficial deal (economically and politically)
Ireland may want that but it does not seem to be what your Taoiseach wants, as per instruction from Brussels.

I hope most Tories are signed up as organ donors, what with a mean age of 72

Latest Threads