• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

It will be more difficult, and the right to do so will be removed.

As I say, stripping the rights, protections and freedoms of UK citizens is what brexit is all about.

Have a think about what Wordsmiths vision of deregulation actually means.

It's a bit of a straw man when people claim we can still work in Europe. Of course, but only only for the rich/well qualified. Unlike now where anyone can pop over to Belgium etc, to apply for the Delaize graduate scheme, such opportunities will cease when we leave. Or pop over to Germany to study their MSc for the same fees as a German national (or any EU member state).

I find this analysis on the reasons people leave to be interesting - haven't read the primary article yet, but interesting all the same:

How the government’s pro-remain leaflet shaped the EU referendum | SPERI

(It's really interesting that the governments leaflet reduced the likelyhood of voting leave in the same type of people targeted by Cambridge Analytica),

Last edited:
You don't think that existing situation includes public opinion? How naive you are, or duplicitous.
When applicable to the courts, in a comment regarding a legal issue I thought it would be clear that I was referring to the "current legal situation". Obviously some are hard of thinking either by nature or on purpose!

It's a bit of a straw man when people claim we can still work in Europe. Of course, but only only for the rich/well qualified. Unlike now where anyone can pop over to Belgium etc, to apply for the Delaize graduate scheme, such opportunities will cease when we leave. Or pop over to Germany to study their MSc for the same fees as a German national (or any EU member state).

I find this analysis on the reasons people leave to be interesting - haven't read the primary article yet, but interesting all the same:

And of course some people never went to Europe to study before the EU came into existence

And of course some people never went to Europe to study before the EU came into existence

If you re-read my post, you'll see the point is it is cheaper for students to do that. When we leave it will be less accessible for people to do.

Still it won't affect the spawn of people like RM, Banks etc. Those kind of "some people" you mean.

Just like many (most) Remainers, Mrs May just can't admit to being wrong! She has been the brake on negotiations ever since her Lancaster House speech went so well and she shat herself thinking she had agreed to Brexit!
May's other problem is her habit of running away from problems. The pattern you can see throughout the negotiations is her accepting the EU's proposals because they seem to her to be the easy way out - only for those proposals to be savaged by the Brexit wing of the party who point out (correctly) accepting them would condemn us to being a client state of the EU in perpetuity.

Wordsmith

(It's really interesting that the governments leaflet reduced the likelyhood of voting leave in the same type of people targeted by Cambridge Analytica),
Folk who've had their opportunities diminished by successive governments through lack of investment want to take opportunities away from the go getters in our society.

A crying shame.

If you re-read my post, you'll see the point is it is cheaper for students to do that. When we leave it will be less accessible for people to do.

Still it won't affect the spawn of people like RM, Banks etc.
It never stopped my cousin going to the Sarbonne in the late 70's, she didn't come from a rich family her dad was a foreman in the BL plant in Bathgate, it never stopped her becoming a Professeur d'anglais at the Education Nationale

This is what a MAIN Swiss / French border looks like. Within the Schengen area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Traffic jams throughout Geneva at rush hour. Mostly due to the huge number of frontalliers travelling from Eutopia to Switzerland for the work

Folk who've had their opportunities diminished by successive governments through lack of investment want to take opportunities away from the go getters in our society.

A crying shame.

That's how I interpreted it too. People with low opportunities (lack of education, job prospects, and financial collateral were more likely to vote leave), voted to take away opportunities from others, because they blame all of their ills on go-getting immigrants.

It never stopped my cousin going to the Sarbonne in the late 70's, she didn't come from a rich family her dad was a foreman in the BL plant in Bathgate, it never stopped her becoming a Professeur d'anglais at the Education Nationale
Whatever way you spin it, brexit is stripping the right to work in 27 other countries away.

The process to do so is going to be made more difficult because some folk can't accept it's not the 70's anymore