Brexit Phase Two - Trade

It's a bit of a straw man when people claim we can still work in Europe. Of course, but only only for the rich/well qualified. Unlike now where anyone can pop over to Belgium etc, to apply for the Delaize graduate scheme, such opportunities will cease when we leave. Or pop over to Germany to study their MSc for the same fees as a German national (or any EU member state).

I find this analysis on the reasons people leave to be interesting - haven't read the primary article yet, but interesting all the same:

How the government’s pro-remain leaflet shaped the EU referendum | SPERI

(It's really interesting that the governments leaflet reduced the likelyhood of voting leave in the same type of people targeted by Cambridge Analytica),
Folk who've had their opportunities diminished by successive governments through lack of investment want to take opportunities away from the go getters in our society.

A crying shame.

If you re-read my post, you'll see the point is it is cheaper for students to do that. When we leave it will be less accessible for people to do.

Still it won't affect the spawn of people like RM, Banks etc.
It never stopped my cousin going to the Sarbonne in the late 70's, she didn't come from a rich family her dad was a foreman in the BL plant in Bathgate, it never stopped her becoming a Professeur d'anglais at the Education Nationale

This is what a MAIN Swiss / French border looks like. Within the Schengen area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Traffic jams throughout Geneva at rush hour. Mostly due to the huge number of frontalliers travelling from Eutopia to Switzerland for the work

ETA: same border crossing not at rush hour:

1540205983720.png

Last edited:
Folk who've had their opportunities diminished by successive governments through lack of investment want to take opportunities away from the go getters in our society.

A crying shame.

That's how I interpreted it too. People with low opportunities (lack of education, job prospects, and financial collateral were more likely to vote leave), voted to take away opportunities from others, because they blame all of their ills on go-getting immigrants.

It never stopped my cousin going to the Sarbonne in the late 70's, she didn't come from a rich family her dad was a foreman in the BL plant in Bathgate, it never stopped her becoming a Professeur d'anglais at the Education Nationale
Whatever way you spin it, brexit is stripping the right to work in 27 other countries away.

The process to do so is going to be made more difficult because some folk can't accept it's not the 70's anymore

That's how I interpreted it too. People with low opportunities (lack of education, job prospects, and financial collateral were more likely to vote leave), voted to take away opportunities from others, because they blame all of their ills on immigrants.
Who'll subsidise their welfare in brain drain Britain?

**** business

**** experts

etc

I suppose Lackbag came back so Amusing Blobber would have someone with the same low level of intelligence to chunter to.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
When applicable to the courts, in a comment regarding a legal issue I thought it would be clear that I was referring to the "current legal situation". Obviously some are hard of thinking either by nature or on purpose!
Or conversely some people rather than admit error will compound it with weasel words. Eh Fuchsake?

Who'll subsidise their welfare in brain drain Britain?

**** business

**** experts

etc
Who is subsidising your worthless self? Jobdodger.
It's good to see the two of you "Liking" each other. Pair of poofs.

All this nonsense about EU work.
Unemployment levels?
I think I've mentioned before that I have worked in a lot of countries, none of which are near the EU......how does that work then??:eek:

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Mark mardells prog yesterday lunchtime on R4 did a piece on the border from the border.it was quite telling the interview with the bloke who runs a dairy just south of the border. His take was that the U.K. will just have to accommodate the customs union as otherwise they would struggle and Irish beef farmers would be fecked.
Soo let me get this right.for the convenience of the citizens of a forighn country’s income stream we just have to keep things exactly as they are...............because if we don’t they will connive with others with a different agenda to ensure we are hurt financially with a no deal.
Grand.
That's pretty remarkable if you believe the brexiter poo about how brexit will make us better off.
If you believe we can get a better deal than what we have now 150 international treaties incl trade with the eu and 40 other countries.
The free trade deals we already have which take 67% of our exports.
They all have to be reshot And we lose our ace in the hole as the gateway to Europe. Can you see where or think of any other English speaking country which might be able to step in and fulfill this role
Take your time.

Latest Threads