Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I don't see why, Juncker has done a good job of deflecting any criticism away from Germany for things like the emissions scandal and immigration fiasco. Okay, they were headline news but the EU never seemed to be shouting Germany's failings from the rooftops, as they have done for "lesser" nations! Juncker doing his job for Merkel !
I did say some time ago it went deeper than that, ever since Mitterand [I think] landed the Germans with the ECB and the Euro.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It lost it's way with Lisbon and the British Government of the time connived with that. What goes around comes around
The EU did not so much lose its way than signpost its way with the Lisbon Treaty. One of the reasons there has been so much anti EU stuff since the signing of that Treaty.

What a splendid example of horrendous English and execrable grammar. You appear to have finally found something at which you excel.

Bravo.
I believe it had just got back from the off licence and after letting itself back into its rank bedsit and having a furious dobbing session ( fnarr fnarr) penned that masterful essay on what passes for its opinion.
A sock puppet laughed at not with.

Noted this Morning, La Thornberry was on GMB cos Piers wasn't.
No acceptance (or mention) of her party having signed the very treaty that is the issue. And people honestly think Labour has the answer- sheesh.
She then launches into a diatriabe about international standards re KSA and I'm thinking where's Robin Cook and his ethical FP. Where did that get him?
International standards and the KSA you say?
She had better have a butchers at the recent promotion of Selmayr in Brussels to see how that went down internationally.
About as democratic as the KSA too.
She then may understand a bit more of the world outside a very desirable post-code in North London.

Are you saying that we won't be able to visit/live/work in Europe?
It will be more difficult, and the right to do so will be removed.

As I say, stripping the rights, protections and freedoms of UK citizens is what brexit is all about.

Have a think about what Wordsmiths vision of deregulation actually means.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Please point out where I mentioned the court making decisions based on "current public opinion"?
The court's decision should be based on law, not as you said "existing situation" , clear enough now, or are you going to try to twist and turn your way out of this self inflicted faux pas?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Exactly, so the way it works in UK is down to the "interpretation" of UK courts! A National problem that can hardly be placed at the feet of the UK!
Slight typo there methinks!

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The EU did not so much lose its way than signpost its way with the Lisbon Treaty. One of the reasons there has been so much anti EU stuff since the signing of that Treaty.
This is going to be a steadily growing problem for the EU. As discussed before, the euro is a half finished product - and as such, further treaty change will be required. And such a treaty must required the transfer of further sovereign powers from the member states to Brussels.

Any attempt to bring in a new treaty is only going to increase the strength of the anti-EU parties as people fight attempts to transfer further powers to Brussels. In practical terms, I can't see the EU achieving much more political and financial integration. Which leaves the euro royally fornicated when the next recession comes along.

At the moment, Brexit is absorbing all the EU's attention - and hence distracting the EU from its own internal problems. However, in about 18 months, the EU is going to have to decide on its direction when the UK is no longer a member. At that point I expect the fur to start flying.

Wordsmith

The court's decision should be based on law, not as you said "existing situation" , clear enough now, or are you going to try to twist and turn your way out of this self inflicted faux pas?
So I never mentioned anything about "public opinion" thank you for admitting that!

Latest Threads