Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I saw an old school chum on FB moaning about the EU not allowing the UK to set up a Commonwealth trading area.

He implied that the UK would be the benevolent, but undisputed master of this set up.

It's almost like he had a rose tinted view of history, or summat
Bloody hell. You're back, reinvented. Is that an "oh" in your new name or a big fat zero?

The re-establishment of the Empire you mean? Clearly knew what he was voting for though. And Farage certainly isn't going around rounding up halfwits like some kind of intellectually-disabled-attracting Pied Piper.
I believe the Tory party got in before him, especially in respect of their MP selection.

Last edited:
But the data shows she was earning more before she left, and the networth is mainly based on her earnings before she left and any after was still tied to the group...

It almost as if the point is so clever the average leave voter cannot understand it :)
OK, let's make this really simple.

In light of the fact that the ex Spice Girl is richer than all of us put together, and seems at least to be having a full and rewarding life, do you think that the sentiment expressed on the placard was

a. A clever, witty and well observed metaphor for the UK in relation to leaving the EU

or

b. A bit shit?

In light of the fact that the ex Spice Girl is richer than all of us put together, and seems at least to be having a full and rewarding life, do you think that the sentiment expressed on the placard was

a. A clever, witty and well observed metaphor for the UK in relation to leaving the EU

or

b. A bit shit?

It is witty as it refers to the trajectory of her earnings and how leaving the group caused the trajectory to change direction and actually, not really change the baseline networth very much from when she left. The counter point made, was she is now worth 40 million, ignoring that was wealth mainly accrued before she left.

I feel this perhaps is a bit like someone trying to explain the concept of something like entropy and then getting called stupid by the person they are explaining to, so I'll leave it here.

You win, by not getting the subtleties of the joke.

Last edited:

or

b. A bit shit?
Her career bombed after leaving. HTH.

... do you think that the sentiment expressed on the placard was

or

b. A bit shit?
Well, in a different interpretation of that which was intended by said placard, it would seem that the Spice Girls sort of fizzled out when one sought a solo musical path.

Maybe the EU will too, and revert to something we could be part of again. Like a sort of friendly trading group for mutual prosperity. Not unlike the organisation that the U.K. joined.

I look forward to a very unwelcome reincarnation popping his Dumb Cherry at me in its usual Pavlovian fashion.

Well, in a different interpretation of that which was intended by said placard, it would seem that the Spice Girls sort of fizzled out when one sought a solo musical path.

Maybe the EU will too, and revert to something we could be part of again. Like a sort of friendly trading group for mutual prosperity. Not unlike the organisation that the U.K. joined.

I look forward to a very unwelcome reincarnation popping his Dumb Cherry at me...
This is a nice way of rephrasing it too - both parties fizzled and neither benefited from the split!

It it witty as it refers to the trajectory of her earnings and how leaving the group caused the trajectory to change direction and actually, not really change very much from when she left. The counter point made, was she is now worth 40 million, ignoring that was wealth mainly accrued before she left.

I feel this perhaps is a bit like someone trying to explain the concept of something like entropy and then getting called stupid by the person they are explaining to, so I'll leave it here.

Yes but what do you really want?

It is witty as it refers to the trajectory of her earnings and how leaving the group caused the trajectory to change direction and actually, not really change the baseline networth very much from when she left. The counter point made, was she is now worth 40 million, ignoring that was wealth mainly accrued before she left.

Hahahahahaha

Actually, if you had actually used that brain of yours you might better have something along the lines of a comparison of her artistic success as a solo artiste in comparison to her success as part of a girl band.

Read the placard again

It was me who introduced the money angle and you have gone of like a badly trained whippet looking at her earnings rather than where she is now as a person.

Ever heard the expression "quit while you're behind"?

That is all

I look forward to a very unwelcome reincarnation popping his Dumb Cherry at me in its usual Pavlovian fashion.
Better effort ;-)

Latest Threads