Brexit Phase Two - Trade

one should not generalise from the specific but there was a glimmer of hope a while back.

We were landed with, and able to beat, a few bum teams which meant we got further than we should have! That's what really happened! (And I really thought we had a chance too - I was blaring out Three lions on the day of our last game and everything!).

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
If the People's Vote (read Remain by another name) were to win, then it would be a score of one-all, leading to a 3rd vote to get an eventual winner.
Hang on we’re at one all now. There was the original one which took us in, the last one and the next one best of three.
Sounds fair.

Hang on we’re at one all now. There was the original one which took us in, the last one and the next one best of three.
Sounds fair.
Agreed. Maybe in forty years time?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Agreed. Maybe in forty years time?
I think not. Seeing that the eurosceptics spent 40years bitching and backstabbing, they get control of what they want and fail miserably. They can’t say they hadn’t enough prep time.
Tell me what have the brexiters accomplished in the last two years.

No I think they’ve had their shot and binned it. There’s no point in doing any more damage to the country.

What are you, some sort of enemy of the state.?

I think not. Seeing that the eurosceptics spent 40years bitching and backstabbing, they get control of what they want and fail miserably. They can’t say they hadn’t enough prep time.
Tell me what have the brexiters accomplished in the last two years.

No I think they’ve had their shot and binned it. There’s no point in doing any more damage to the country.

What are you, some sort of enemy of the state.?
We have not left the EU yet.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
How many of those coaching it in had their seats paid for by the likes of Labour/People's Vote/various other Remain campaigns? There probably would've been a fair amount fewer if not for free coaches laid on.
Paid protesters.... Now where have we heard that as an excuse.

Orange baby seems to trot out that line a lot.

A peoples vote on the terms, with an option to reject Brexit.

Personally I see no harm in it. Things can't possibly become more of a mess than they are currently.
Assuming there was a peoples vote and assuming Brexit was reversed what would happen then? Would the EU maintain the status quo prior to the Brexit vote or would or membership terms be drastically altered?

I strongly suspect the latter...so that would bring us to another peoples vote...etc etc etc.

Assuming there was a peoples vote and assuming Brexit was reversed what would happen then? Would the EU maintain the status quo prior to the Brexit vote or would or membership terms be drastically altered?

I strongly suspect the latter...so that would bring us to another peoples vote...etc etc etc.

I think everyone agrees the EU need reform. Personally I'd like to have seen the UK continue to take the lead in that reform.

I think everyone agrees the EU need reform. Personally I'd like to have seen the UK continue to take the lead in that reform.
I'm probably stating the obvious, but the UK did try and it just seemed to many that the EU was careering in the other direction. Juncker's comments before the vote cannot have helped

I'm probably stating the obvious, but the UK did try and it just seemed to many that the EU was careering in the other direction. Juncker's comments before the vote cannot have helped

We already had a good deal compared to other countries - with things like the banking agency here, despite not even having the euro. We also led a lot of the reform - things like development funds were our idea. And we could have limited immigration but we chose not too.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Paid protesters.... Now where have we heard that as an excuse.

Orange baby seems to trot out that line a lot.
Kent Union's Coach for a People’s Vote March for the Future
https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/its-now-never-bath-groups-2111068
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/peoples-vote-march-uk-brexit-2129575
The People's Vote: Join us
All seem to mention free travel for students, the very same students who wouldn't bother to come if it wasn't a freebie and a day out in London to boot.

We already had a good deal compared to other countries - with things like the banking agency here, despite not even having the euro. We also led a lot of the reform - things like development funds were our idea. And we could have limited immigration but we chose not too.
On your first point I just think it shows how shitty the EU can be for other sovereign states. Yes, the UK did lead a lot of reform, but to my mind could now go further outside of the technocracy EU has become.

Met a German aupair in the pub tonight, she'd planned on staying for a few years for work.
Asked if she had any Deutsch marks hidden away, she didn't have a clue what they were!
Bloody kids!

Latest Threads