Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Make your own summary as whether certain element of MP’s can be trusted & be held accountable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swapping your auto and agricole industries for cheap tungsten powder and bananas seems a fair exchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You seem to be missing the point. The amount of climate change needed that Scientists now threaten all that anyway, just because we change the means of propulsion doesn't mean a reduction on emissions. We had our motor industry plundered very few of these companies are British owned, which means the owners can pull the plug any time irrespective. Calls for zero emissions by 2032 means a massive slump in oil demand. GM motors have accused Tesla of being unrealistic. Alternative power will be targeted by the unscrupulous, because it can be and because of the computer interfaces. Moreover the Agri business will have a window of opportunity here they haven't had for 70
years. The Unicorns are the ones who think the EU will be able to remain as it is. My instinct is that Global cross border trade will actually shrink in comparative terms.

If she breaks down in Parliament like she did the other night in Brussels, then she will have to go almost immediately.
What happened to her in Brussels; did I miss something?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The "fact" is the data - if you bin voters by age/generation, you get a predictive probability of which way they voted in 2016.
So on that basis those who voted remain would vote differently when they're a decade or two older. So the only way you get the result you want is by getting the agenda through at the critical change point. Good luck with that.

So on that basis those who voted remain would vote differently when they're a decade or two older. So the only way you get the result you want is by getting the agenda through at the critical change point. Good luck with that.
Actually I think the driving factor is 'year born' rather than age. Age is correlated with conservatism but the referendum was a not a left/right issue.

It was obvious to everyone that this would be the likely outcome.
well they're welcome. After all Scotland has been told it would have to re-apply, ROI is already in and in the Euro which just leaves Wales and possibly Cornwall who would be in the Scottish predicament, it just makes no sense as the Irish are finding out

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
The other night at dinner with the 27MS Heads of Government. They went out for a beer because they concluded that May had nothing new to say and what she did say was without any real conviction. The EU want to deal with a PM who'll keep her side of the bargain...
She already knew she was not being invited to stay for dinner. it had been widely reported. (And anyway the BE puts on a good feed)
So the breakdown, non existent then?

All she did was fail to get her way and not give them enough to waste their time again in November. The Eu aren’t our, or her enemies. She’s got enough backstabbers in her own party.

Where is the evidence that it was 'age' and not 'year born'?

For me, if the Brexit vote was driven by conservative voters, then I'd agree with you. It wasn't so I cannot =)
could I ask you to note my assertion that with change with age which is down to experience. Of course it was driven by conservative voters, we were promised a referendum, by the conservatives, unlike Labour who did and never delivered.If Labour had promised a referendum I'd probably voted Labour- quite simple really- Scientists Pah

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The other night at dinner with the 27MS Heads of Government. They went out for a beer because they concluded that May had nothing new to say and what she did say was without any real conviction. The EU want to deal with a PM who'll keep her side of the bargain...
Perhaps the Italians could try putting a horse's head in Ollie Robbins's bed?

Wordsmith :smile:

...... or do what they want. You should know the bargain is what's struck- not what's promised.

I think we pay the Eu half a percent of our gdp. Looks a lot on the side of a bus, but in the overall spend.
Look at the admin costs for the notional 100 quid lent to the EU.

could I ask you to note my assertion that with change with age which is down to experience. Of course it was driven by conservative voters, we were promised a referendum, by the conservatives, unlike Labour who did and never delivered.If Labour had promised a referendum I'd probably voted Labour- quite simple really- Scientists Pah
Did a majority of Conservative and Labour constituencies vote to leave in the EU referendum?

According to the above conservative did vote to leave by a majority, although I'm still not convinced political affiliation drove the vote, but that's still rather large majorities of leave for both parties :)

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Look at the admin costs for the notional 100 quid lent to the EU.
It doesn’t matter, it’s immaterial. We pay 0.5% for membership. If we want to throw money into something extra that’s all negotiated.

Oh wait, you’re right I was wrong. I forgot the rebate they give us back on our 0.5%

It doesn’t matter, it’s immaterial. We pay 0.5% for membership. If we want to throw money into something extra that’s all negotiated.
Rejected at the referendum would be more accurate

Still playing catch up here (and supposed to be doing some admin), hence my unusual working day presence here on line.

Anyway - my point.

Would you please be so kind as to add the caveat when next you are apologising that your apology does not include me, on the basis that

a. You don't speak for me
b. My preference was and is for UK rather than EU style democracy?

Thanks
That's alright. I retired for the 3rd time 6 weeks ago and I'm so busy I have to catch up on such a fulsome thread.

I've never mentioned you so no need to worry on that point.

Latest Threads