Brexit Phase Two - Trade

"In this Viewsnight, Times columnist David Aaronovitch argues that the majority in support of Brexit will be reduced to zero as older voters are dying.".

Now personally, I don't think it will be reduced to zero, because age wasn't the only predictor - with things like education(1), a preference for the death penalty(2), and income(3; as measured via diet) being others - but I do think it will switch - and actually I think that is one explanation as to why the polls have now switched accordingly since the referendum.

1 Brexit voting and education | The Stats Guy
2 The link between Brexit and the death penalty
3 The weight of Brexit: Areas with high obesity rates more likely to vote Leave
That logic is predicated on everybody (that is still alive) voting exactly as they did first time.
It does not take into acount people changing their minds such as Remain voters who have accepted the result and Leave voters who are not happy with the way negotiations are going.

I made four comments, two of which nearly ten years ago but apparently that is what you wish to discuss rather the point I made.

Can you not see there is something seriously wrong with you? Rather than ignore the post I made about changing demographics, or even make a half-coherent reply, you've decided to talk about these four posts I made, two of which are nearly ten years old.

And pleased to see your use of champ and fella in no way shows that you're upset. Nope, not at all. One can only imagine you're one of those tragic belters who puts RE after surname.
There are more, but "work" got in the way so I didn't have time to screen shot them all for you.

To be fair, a few of them were in the NAAFI and aimed at poster's who deserved it.

Pantomime? Unsurprisingly & Interesting this approach & attitude resides primarily from remainers & anyone Anti-Brexit.

Oh well never mind, soon be leaving the EU cartel ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My comment is based on the EU saying enough progress hadn't been made, we could only extend the transition period if enough progress has been made, and that despite A and B, they still allow us to extend.

You disagree this is pantomime? I know leave voters who believe this all to be show for the benefit of UK voters.

Last edited:
For a brief moment I expected you to make a sensible point, thus I clicked with excitement on the notification. Only to be presented with more dull and off the point ramblings.
Serious question, what was I not supposed to know nothing about ?
Tell me what I have missed and I'll reply.

<Snigger>

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
@Joker62 ..thanks ********! Did you really have to out me? I have to go look for jobs again...how's life on the dole here anyways?

I wouldn't know, I'm in full time employment

My comment is based on the EU saying enough progress hadn't been made, we could only extend the transition period if enough progress has been made, and that despite A and B, they still allow us to extend.

You disagree this is pantomime? I know leave voters who believe this all to be show for the benefit of UK voters.
Your benefit summary is flawed.

Tangible evidence has shown the consisten EU hypocrisy. As evident in the select committee with JRM v Guy, that's just one example.

Brussels can & will change the goal posts when it's self serving & benificial and any challenges are responsed with threats & warnings, Consistently fighting self reform with no intention of actual implementation.

Thankfully the UK had the courage to show the EU thanks, but no thanks.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Your benefit summary is flawed.

Tangible evidence has shown the consisten EU hypocrisy. As evident in the select committee with JRM v Guy, that's just one example.

Brussels can & will change the goal posts when it's self serving & benificial and any challenges are responsed with threats & warnings, Consistently fighting self reform with no intention of actual implementation.

Thankfully the UK had the courage to show the EU thanks, but no thanks.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

What benefit did I propose? That this is to show UK voters that whatever deal we get, it was hard won?

What is the null that you propose to be correct?

What benefit did I propose? That this is to show UK voters that whatever deal we get, it was hard won?

What is the null that you propose to be correct?
You stated, to show benefit for the voters I didn’t say you proposed benefit.

I’ve yet to see any balanced non biased debate from a remainer to date, just consistent negativity.

First the WA, second any future relationship is down to the negotiation team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk