Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
A repeated remain mantra - tell me if you have never wrote something like this - has been how people who disagree are any combination of:

- Stupid
- Uninformed
- Misguided
- Insular
- Xenohobic
- Racist

Yet when a remainer in a bubble of little England speaks up it carries more worldly wise wisdom than those who have travelled the world.
I’m not responsible for other remainers points of view. But given the threats and abuse dished out by brexiters. I suspect they’d have to go some to catch up with the ‘little englanders’ (your description)

I’ve never described any brexiter as stupid. I’m sure stupid people voted for brexit. It would be unrealistic to think otherwise.
Uninformed, it’s been widely reported as to the many and varied reasons for regretting their vote.
Misguided, well, if they’ve based their vote on erroneous or false information then that goes without saying.
Xenophobic, never
Racist doubtful

Why are you making this stuff up?
Is there something bothering you?

And as for travelling. I’m doing it more than ever, much more so once the dame pulls the pin and retires.

Again.
What’s your point. Are you just annoyed at something.

I’m not responsible for other remainers points of view. But given the threats and abuse dished out by brexiters. I suspect they’d have to go some to catch up with the ‘little englanders’ (your description)

I’ve never described any brexiter as stupid. I’m sure stupid people voted for brexit. It would be unrealistic to think otherwise.
Uninformed, it’s been widely reported as to the many and varied reasons for regretting their vote.
Misguided, well, if they’ve based their vote on erroneous or false information then that goes without saying.
Xenophobic, never
Racist doubtful

Why are you making this stuff up?
Is there something bothering you?

And as for travelling. I’m doing it more than ever, much more so once the dame pulls the pin and retires.

Again.
What’s your point. Are you just annoyed at something.
Introspection might be useful - have a read back through your denials

I know that certain Europhiles find historic truths uncomfortable but, hey, guess what? You are subject to EU laws, regulations, values and traditions that predate the referendum.

“History is a great teacher” as someone, quite possibly European once opined. By European I mean, of course, someone from a shared cultural history, not someone seeking to write my cultural history for me.
Your cultural history? The Greek/Roman shaped West?

Any preppers here? There was an article on the BBC about some people stocking up for March next year. Some guy wrote in to say he was stocking up on Scotch whisky. Top man!

Your cultural history? The Greek/Roman shaped West?
Exactly. The people who gave us the minor Goddess Europa, not a demigod Commission.

Last edited:
This is all very depressing. Mrs May is doing her best Neville Chamberlain act and Macron and Co are treating us with zero respect because May has consistently backed down. Add to that the lack of action from Tory opponents of May and we're now looking at another year's delay, with the only hope of avoiding it being the EU saying no. May is dragging us through the mud. We should just go, keep the £40Bn, and revert to int. trade rules.

.....snip.....
And I’m old and sensible enough not to make a song and dance about it.
Cripes. I'd love to see you making a song and dance about anything.

A repeated remain mantra - tell me if you have never wrote something like this - has been how people who disagree are any combination of:

- Stupid
- Uninformed
- Misguided
- Insular
- Xenohobic
- Racist

Yet when a remainer in a bubble of little England speaks up it carries more worldly wise wisdom than those who have travelled the world.
We get stupid, racist, insular and xenophobic posts regularly. If someone is being wilfully stupid or any of the above it's a fair label. Whichever side of the argument they're on.

You reckon "Hey Paddy" is OK to someone you don't know? They may of course be bezzers and it's a bit of banter but I tend to doubt it.

Teresa May must go! - the EU leaders clearly have zero respect for her and know that they can do or say anything to her and she will simply cave in again.
Make no mistake, Oily Robbins, Tony Blair, Clegg, Hammond, Major etc are all actively working for the enemy to undermine the UKs negotiating position to either force a second referendum through sheer voter apathy or exhaustion or to try to stretch this out to the next GE where ALL of the mainstream political parties will ensure Brexit is either massively watered down (BRINO) or completely reversed in their manifestos.
If the stupid, useless, incompetent, arrogant, Oily Robbins sock puppet that is our current PM truly has agreed to delay Brexit by yet another year then there is now no excuse for the Tory party to not get rid of her and hold a leadership election - the current excuse of not enough time goes completely out of the window!
Even remainers need the UK to have a strong leader who has at least a modicum of respect from other national leaders and someone in charge who is prepared to put up a fight and present a confident front to the outside world. The current incumbent is a laughing stock and a national embarrassment and the only person who could conceivably be worse would be Jeremy Corbyn!

Exactly. The people who gave us the minor Goddess Europa, not a demigod Commission.
So we share the same cultural history with diverging branches?

Latest Threads