Brexit Phase Two - Trade

No, probably because the figures would be seriously manipulated and massaged to show something completely different. I suggest there are pockets of the UK where youth unemployment more than accurately mirrors France, rural or not.
And fascinating as your tales of life in Provence are, I’m not at all sure of your point. This isn’t unusual.

So you voted for us to leave because life is so shit where you are. That’s sad, but it’s not uncommon.

I’m sorry for the young people of rural France, but I think you’ll find that UK teenage life isn’t a bed of roses. I don’t know what sort of work you think young people are going to do to get on the housing ladder in the UK.

I’m not at all sure that I’d want to do some of the things which are considered employment.
But if you believe all the figures trotted out by the right wing, true believers.
You’re probably incredibly ill informed.

Statistics confuse you.

France has an overall youth unemployment rate @20%: twice as high as the U.K.

And how would the UKs youth unemployment rate shoot up? The UK is projected to become the most populous country in Europe @2040.... are you seriously suggesting youth unemploymebt will quadruple in that time frame?

Looks like Mrs May has signalled that she is willing to extend the transition period by a year. Let's see how that goes down in parliament.

It would be fine provided we stop paying any monies to Brussels and stood down from accepting judgements from the ECJ. If we stopped paying monies to Brussels then they would very quickly come to an agreement in the hope they would really open the treasury. It is only money, our money, that is keeping this process going.
Extending A50?

Has to be voted & signed off by all 27.
Cherry picking which for 18 months the UK has been told Non.

Now the EU want to be keep the UK locked in for another 12 months?

They can feck right off....

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Extending A50?

Has to be voted & signed off by all 27.
Cherry picking which for 18 months the UK has been told Non.

Now the EU want to be keep the UK locked in for another 12 months?

They can feck right off....

I think she only said that she was "willing to consider" it. Doesn't sound too enthusiastic to me.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

No, probably because the figures would be seriously manipulated and massaged to show something completely different. I suggest there are pockets of the UK where youth unemployment more than accurately mirrors France, rural or not.
And fascinating as your tales of life in Provence are, I’m not at all sure of your point. This isn’t unusual.

So you voted for us to leave because life is so shit where you are. That’s sad, but it’s not uncommon.

I’m sorry for the young people of rural France, but I think you’ll find that UK teenage life isn’t a bed of roses. I don’t know what sort of work you think young people are going to do to get on the housing ladder in the UK.

I’m not at all sure that I’d want to do some of the things which are considered employment.
But if you believe all the figures trotted out by the right wing, true believers.
You’re probably incredibly ill informed.
I'm a bit baffled by your post.

France has very high levels of youth unemployment and you say that pockets of the UK mirrors that. Apples and oranges.

Provence is mostly a well to-do middle class region - with many Brits. Why not pop across to various French departments and check out for yourself the eutopia you espouse?

I do, of course, greatly appreciate people who have never lived abroad passing judgement on my xenophobia

I know that certain Europhiles find historic truths uncomfortable but, hey, guess what? You are subject to EU laws, regulations, values and traditions that predate the referendum.

“History is a great teacher” as someone, quite possibly European once opined. By European I mean, of course, someone from a shared cultural history, not someone seeking to write my cultural history for me.

The E.U. has been busily rewriting history for the youth.
It was the E.U. that’s keot the peace in Europe fur the last 70 years apparently, and Nazis are a race of alien pod people that take over EUropean countries acd do bad things, not the locals.

Paddy, my life is great here.
I pay no tax here except for local taxes, and my total outgoings in standing orders are €300 a month.
All I need to add on to that is food and a bit of fuel for the jam-jar.
The rest is a grand profit.
I still hold my UK passport, I have absolutely no sense of any form of insecurity that would cause me to even consider holding another nationality.
Out of circa 156,000 UK citizens living in France, nearly 3,000 applied for French citizenship in the last 2 years.
But 153,000 didn't.
Now riddle me this.
How many Germans, French and others applied for UK citizenship?

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
I don't live in Provence.
You have been watching too much telly.
France is a very big country geographically.
Not really, it’s quite small. I mean it only has one time zone.

I think she only said that she was "willing to consider" it. Doesn't sound too enthusiastic to me.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Judging by twitter feed (UK & Brussels) its the usual journalist hype & spin for the editors to cream over.

Even a odd few Ambassadors are getting annoyed & frustrated by the #EU situation.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm a bit baffled by your post.

France has very high levels of youth unemployment and you say that pockets of the UK mirrors that. Apples and oranges.

Provence is mostly a well to-do middle class region - with many Brits. Why not pop across to various French departments and check out for yourself the eutopia you espouse?

I do, of course, greatly appreciate people who have never lived abroad passing judgement on my xenophobia
Who are you and why do think my post was directed at you..if you’re reading stuff meant for other people, and marked as such. No wonder you’re confused.

As for both countries having mirroring levels of youth unemployment and it somehow being apples and oranges. I doubt that the unemployed youth share your opinion. Then again it’s been over a year since I bumped into an unemployed French person. ( he may not have been French, or unemployed but he certainly took me for 10 cents)

Oh look a squirrel.

Who are you and why do think my post was directed at you..if you’re reading stuff meant for other people, and marked as such. No wonder you’re confused.

Snipped
A repeated remain mantra - tell me if you have never wrote something like this - has been how people who disagree are any combination of:

- Stupid
- Uninformed
- Misguided
- Insular
- Xenohobic
- Racist

Yet when a remainer in a bubble of little England speaks up it carries more worldly wise wisdom than those who have travelled the world.

Has the Soviet Union invaded West Germany yet?
Has any random 3 initials in Northern Ireland resorted to shooting at the other side yet?
Has the UK economy spontaniously combusted and the Bank of England started issuing £1000000 notes to buy a loaf of bread yet?

Nooo you mean the Treasury and the IMF and all the remoaners still haven't had their wildest dreams come true yet.

Oh well keep calm and carry on being British.. soon to be truely independent British once again.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Paddy, my life is great here.
I pay no tax here except for local taxes, and my total outgoings in standing orders are €300 a month.
All I need to add on to that is food and a bit of fuel for the jam-jar.
The rest is a grand profit.
I still hold my UK passport, I have absolutely no sense of any form of insecurity that would cause me to even consider holding another nationality.
Out of circa 156,000 UK citizens living in France, nearly 3,000 applied for French citizenship in the last 2 years.
But 153,000 didn't.
Now riddle me this.
How many Germans, French and others applied for UK citizenship?
Here’s the thing. How you live your life (and where) is of no consequence to me. I’m happy you’re happy, there’s enough miserable people about, usually explaining in detail, about how happy they are.

I get to hold both passports and use whatever is most convenient. (It’s been very useful)

As for people applying for citizenship. I think that’s entirely an issue for themselves and they’ve many and varied reasons for doing so. And I’m old and sensible enough not to make a song and dance about it.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
A repeated remain mantra - tell me if you have never wrote something like this - has been how people who disagree are any combination of:

- Stupid
- Uninformed
- Misguided
- Insular
- Xenohobic
- Racist

Yet when a remainer in a bubble of little England speaks up it carries more worldly wise wisdom than those who have travelled the world.
I’m not responsible for other remainers points of view. But given the threats and abuse dished out by brexiters. I suspect they’d have to go some to catch up with the ‘little englanders’ (your description)

I’ve never described any brexiter as stupid. I’m sure stupid people voted for brexit. It would be unrealistic to think otherwise.
Uninformed, it’s been widely reported as to the many and varied reasons for regretting their vote.
Misguided, well, if they’ve based their vote on erroneous or false information then that goes without saying.
Xenophobic, never
Racist doubtful

Why are you making this stuff up?
Is there something bothering you?

And as for travelling. I’m doing it more than ever, much more so once the dame pulls the pin and retires.

Again.
What’s your point. Are you just annoyed at something.

I’m not responsible for other remainers points of view. But given the threats and abuse dished out by brexiters. I suspect they’d have to go some to catch up with the ‘little englanders’ (your description)

I’ve never described any brexiter as stupid. I’m sure stupid people voted for brexit. It would be unrealistic to think otherwise.
Uninformed, it’s been widely reported as to the many and varied reasons for regretting their vote.
Misguided, well, if they’ve based their vote on erroneous or false information then that goes without saying.
Xenophobic, never
Racist doubtful

Why are you making this stuff up?
Is there something bothering you?

And as for travelling. I’m doing it more than ever, much more so once the dame pulls the pin and retires.

Again.
What’s your point. Are you just annoyed at something.
Introspection might be useful - have a read back through your denials

I know that certain Europhiles find historic truths uncomfortable but, hey, guess what? You are subject to EU laws, regulations, values and traditions that predate the referendum.

“History is a great teacher” as someone, quite possibly European once opined. By European I mean, of course, someone from a shared cultural history, not someone seeking to write my cultural history for me.
Your cultural history? The Greek/Roman shaped West?

Latest Threads