Brexit Phase Two - Trade

It's the way he tells 'em...

Not at all mashyman, the gossip and hearsay is that it is going to happen. I'v upgraded nothing, I've known about the proposal for some time. It may be passed, it may not.
You're a big fat fibber. You called the newspaper article 'gossip and hearsay' and now you've changed your stance on that, upgrading the gossip to a 'proposal'.

Don't you ever tire of lying and wriggling?

What Dan Hannan really said:
Anatomy of a smear: Daniel Hannan and UK membership of the EU “Single Market”

The smear itself
The smear breaks down into these basic components:
  1. Hannan says: “absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the Single Market”
  2. The implication is that the UK would remain full members of the Single Market even if it voted to leave the EU
  3. Hannan now says the UK shouldn’t be a member of the Single Market, or doesn’t have to be
  4. Ergo, he’s a hypocrite/liar/changed his tune, and voters were misled
  5. This bolsters the argument that the UK should remain in the Single Market after it Leaves the EU

“First of all, absolutely nobody is suggesting we would give up our position in the free market in Europe, no-one in Brussels, and no-one except some tendentious British pro-Europeans. I’ve never heard anyone here [In Brussels] suggest we wouldn’t have the same sort of deal that Switzerland has, or that the Channel Islands have, if you think that Switzerland’s too exotic. In other words, free movement of goods, and services and capital, living under our own laws. So I don’t see that there would be any impact - in that sense. What there would be, is *far* greater opportunity to sign bi-lateral trade deals with countries outside the EU”​
— Daniel Hannan, interview with Channel 4 News, May 12 2015

The smear itself
  1. Hannan says: “absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the Single Market”
  2. The implication is that the UK would remain full members of the Single Market even if it voted to leave the EU
  3. Hannan now says the UK shouldn’t be a member of the Single Market, or doesn’t have to be
  5. This bolsters the argument that the UK should remain in the Single Market after it Leaves the EU
Standby for more wriggling from Grac.

You're a big fat fibber. You called the newspaper article 'gossip and hearsay' and now you've changed your stance on that, upgrading the gossip to a 'proposal'.

Don't you ever tire of lying and wriggling?
Right out of Andy's play book. Tell a lie often enough and it becomes accepted. I can't help it if you lack integrity. Not my problem.
Cheers champ ;-)

Does that mean we will have to wait and see
Personally, I believe that things will be clearer by the Spring. My money is on the juncture of March and April.

It will be a time of great turmoil as certain sectors of the population try to come to terms with the fact that breathing is not, after all, due to the beneficence of The Great Bellows pumped by Brussels to give breath to every living thing in the EU.

The smear itself

“First of all, absolutely nobody is suggesting we would give up our position in the free market in Europe, no-one in Brussels, and no-one except some tendentious British pro-Europeans. I’ve never heard anyone here [In Brussels] suggest we wouldn’t have the same sort of deal that Switzerland has, or that the Channel Islands have, if you think that Switzerland’s too exotic. In other words, free movement of goods, and services and capital, living under our own laws. So I don’t see that there would be any impact - in that sense. What there would be, is *far* greater opportunity to sign bi-lateral trade deals with countries outside the EU”​
— Daniel Hannan, interview with Channel 4 News, May 12 2015
Tell me me about the Swiss deal. Go on, you know you want to. Schengen?

Personally, I believe that things will be clearer by the Spring. My money is on the juncture of March and April.

It will be a time of great turmoil as certain sectors of the population try to come to terms with the fact that breathing is not, after all, due to the beneficence of The Great Bellows pumped by Brussels to give breath to every living thing in the EU.
And others will continue to breath through their mouth.

After all, other posters are better qualified to post much longer and much more tedious comments.

Lefty Remoaners at their finest....

brexx.JPG

Nice to see those who 'liked' this Snowflake video, of which i can only assume BravoBravo was one, were outnumbered by about 1000:1 :nod:

Absolutely correct and we’ve known it for a long time hence why it is being taken very seriously here and has been since the start.

Acting like Brussels little attack dog for the last two years has lost Ireland a huge amount of public support.
The British are a funny lot, they’ll tolerate almost anything bar disloyalty, and Dublin has forgotten the huge debts of gratitude it owes the UK.

There's a lot of irony in this actually. I don't believe people should be held accountable for their ancestors actions, but its ironic how much control Tata has over the UK steel (and related) industries, given what we did to the Indian steel industry during the days of the Raj.
It's like Labour had to apologise, bit like BL with the aid of people like Vaz ain't it-still Labour do have our vested interest at heart don't they?

Latest Threads