Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I'm sure he is a ****. You should still try not to twist his words.
He twists his words, nice to see you worshipping and defending such fibbers.

We aren’t in Schegen

It need for passenger identification could be an aviation security requirement I’m not sure

As said before, the EU has two choices in the event of a hard Brexit; neither good.
  • They can have a soft border, risk goods being imported into the UK at far lower tariffs than the EU, smuggled into the ROI, then re-exported to the rest of the EU, thus circumventing the Customs Union around the single market. That will result in significant job losses in the EU.
  • They can prevent that by imposing a hard border and fornicate the ROI's economy as a result. That will result in significant job losses in the ROI.
I
fixed that for you

Correct in both cases with one exception, in both cases Ireland’s economy will be deeply effected.

At PMQ's Julian Lewis asked who would build a hard border? The UK won't, Ireland doesn't want it. "Will the EU Army march in and build it?"

On Politics Live Labour bloke won't answer Jo Co when she asks him, in response to his continued opposition to a hard border, "who is going to build it?".
Ireland and the EU, we don’t want it but we have responsibilities and the preparation is in train

As per my previous, latest RoI Government prediction is a 7% drop in GDP after a hard Brexit.
That’s a huge hit.
Absolutely correct and we’ve known it for a long time hence why it is being taken very seriously here and has been since the start.

More brown emerges in Irish underpants.

EU willing to extend Brexit transition, says Irish foreign minister

The Irish are fast waking up the the fact that a hard Brexit will probably send the Irish economy into recession if exports to its major trading partner are interrupted.

And that the May cannot get her proposed arrangements through parliament. If the customs border is in the middle of the Irish sea, the Scots and Welsh will demand similar arrangements, leading to the defacto break up of the UK.

I wonder how the Irish will feelhaving their economy trashed in the name of the greater EU good?

Wordsmith
See above we have known about this since the start

Except it is the UK that is thrashing our economy no matter what happens.

The only way a trade agreement will be signed if if the terms are mutually acceptable for both sides.

It is in the US's interests to make sure the terms are acceptable - they then have a chance to displace EU suppliers from UK markets. More trade for the US = more profit for US companies.

(And less profit for EU ones...)

Wordsmith
and who is the more powerful economy, who has the more buying power, who has the more power in that relationship?

Who has the better negotiating position?

Something on trade. Unfortunately I think it’s from Wordsmith.

Re Northern Ireland border couldn't we arrange all goods between UK and Ireland only to come via Dublin/Waterford etc. Then only a small amount of inter Irish goods would cross the land border and be easily managed ?
With how many thousand troops and police on the border (both sides) during the troubles could it be policed?

What exactly are you suggesting?

It's still an excuse. Revenue collect the money for the Treasury but they were always split between Customs and inland. There a is simple explanation for this. Inland there is usually a continuous tax policy whereas customs depends on an ad hoc importation of goods. Now technically from 2008 anything within the EU that is an offence falls to national police forces not not existent Customs forces because Lisbon withdraws 32/30. If there is a national customs residual force it's for the external borders not the internal- the Role that the EU assumed in 2008.
We are in the Customs Union there is no internal borders for goods

Spot on, but why do you keep changing your mind?

In one post you write it's 'gossip and hearsay', and when cornered you upgrade it to a proposal.

A proposal made by the EU budget chief.
Not at all mashyman, the gossip and hearsay is that it is going to happen. I'v upgraded nothing, I've known about the proposal for some time. It may be passed, it may not.

Do you agree that a proposal isn't definite?

It's the way he tells 'em...

Not at all mashyman, the gossip and hearsay is that it is going to happen. I'v upgraded nothing, I've known about the proposal for some time. It may be passed, it may not.
You're a big fat fibber. You called the newspaper article 'gossip and hearsay' and now you've changed your stance on that, upgrading the gossip to a 'proposal'.

Don't you ever tire of lying and wriggling?

What Dan Hannan really said:
Anatomy of a smear: Daniel Hannan and UK membership of the EU “Single Market”

The smear itself
The smear breaks down into these basic components:
  1. Hannan says: “absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the Single Market”
  2. The implication is that the UK would remain full members of the Single Market even if it voted to leave the EU
  3. Hannan now says the UK shouldn’t be a member of the Single Market, or doesn’t have to be
  4. Ergo, he’s a hypocrite/liar/changed his tune, and voters were misled
  5. This bolsters the argument that the UK should remain in the Single Market after it Leaves the EU

“First of all, absolutely nobody is suggesting we would give up our position in the free market in Europe, no-one in Brussels, and no-one except some tendentious British pro-Europeans. I’ve never heard anyone here [In Brussels] suggest we wouldn’t have the same sort of deal that Switzerland has, or that the Channel Islands have, if you think that Switzerland’s too exotic. In other words, free movement of goods, and services and capital, living under our own laws. So I don’t see that there would be any impact - in that sense. What there would be, is *far* greater opportunity to sign bi-lateral trade deals with countries outside the EU”​
— Daniel Hannan, interview with Channel 4 News, May 12 2015

The smear itself
  1. Hannan says: “absolutely nobody is talking about threatening our place in the Single Market”
  2. The implication is that the UK would remain full members of the Single Market even if it voted to leave the EU
  3. Hannan now says the UK shouldn’t be a member of the Single Market, or doesn’t have to be
  5. This bolsters the argument that the UK should remain in the Single Market after it Leaves the EU
Standby for more wriggling from Grac.

You're a big fat fibber. You called the newspaper article 'gossip and hearsay' and now you've changed your stance on that, upgrading the gossip to a 'proposal'.

Don't you ever tire of lying and wriggling?
Right out of Andy's play book. Tell a lie often enough and it becomes accepted. I can't help it if you lack integrity. Not my problem.
Cheers champ ;-)

Does that mean we will have to wait and see
Personally, I believe that things will be clearer by the Spring. My money is on the juncture of March and April.

It will be a time of great turmoil as certain sectors of the population try to come to terms with the fact that breathing is not, after all, due to the beneficence of The Great Bellows pumped by Brussels to give breath to every living thing in the EU.

The smear itself

“First of all, absolutely nobody is suggesting we would give up our position in the free market in Europe, no-one in Brussels, and no-one except some tendentious British pro-Europeans. I’ve never heard anyone here [In Brussels] suggest we wouldn’t have the same sort of deal that Switzerland has, or that the Channel Islands have, if you think that Switzerland’s too exotic. In other words, free movement of goods, and services and capital, living under our own laws. So I don’t see that there would be any impact - in that sense. What there would be, is *far* greater opportunity to sign bi-lateral trade deals with countries outside the EU”​
— Daniel Hannan, interview with Channel 4 News, May 12 2015
Tell me me about the Swiss deal. Go on, you know you want to. Schengen?

Personally, I believe that things will be clearer by the Spring. My money is on the juncture of March and April.

It will be a time of great turmoil as certain sectors of the population try to come to terms with the fact that breathing is not, after all, due to the beneficence of The Great Bellows pumped by Brussels to give breath to every living thing in the EU.
And others will continue to breath through their mouth.

After all, other posters are better qualified to post much longer and much more tedious comments.

Lefty Remoaners at their finest....

brexx.JPG

Nice to see those who 'liked' this Snowflake video, of which i can only assume BravoBravo was one, were outnumbered by about 1000:1 :nod:

Latest Threads