Brexit Phase Two - Trade

That's Marcon $hitting himself that an easy Brexit will reduce the odds that he can get the necessary EU treaty changes through to stop the euro collapsing in the next recession and trashing the French economy in the process.

I will have a major attack of schadenfreude when that happens.

Wordsmith
Not that, if the Ghana interlude is anything to go by-the Commonwealth is coming in to play and if the francophone nations in Africa take up the cudgels France' FP could take a hit. I from it may suspect the time for cheap raw materials for Europe and France profiting from it may come to an end.

That's Marcon $hitting himself that an easy Brexit will reduce the odds that he can get the necessary EU treaty changes through to stop the euro collapsing in the next recession and trashing the French economy in the process.

Wordsmith
You're posting like you're a wee bit stressed BTW and if this is your insightful analysis nthen God help us when the hysteria starts.

Not that, if the Ghana interlude is anything to go by-the Commonwealth is coming in to play and if the francophone nations in Africa take up the cudgels France' FP could take a hit. I from it may suspect the time for cheap raw materials for Europe and France profiting from it may come to an end.

The future is written, not in French, not in EU dictates, but in Chinese.
See what the Chinese have done with Ethiopia. Basket case to major export clothing manufacturer. They are repeating it across Africa.
China will look very dimly upon the EU continuing to block exports of manufactured goods from its new manufacturing hub.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Only if destroying the economy of a region and declaring Brits 'aliens' is an attractive proposition for some Brits to move to that region.
No idea, but it seems the French have some plans for a no deal brexit. I’m sure they gave it a bit of thought.

I’m not sure the French caused any of it. The last I heard some people actually voted for this.
Those who voted, being most clear they knew what they were voting for. I’m surprised that people are surprised. In fact, I’m amazed that our expats weren’t forwarded.
As for it turning into an economic wasteland, I’m sure young French people need houses too.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

Wordsmith
I can almost hear the rejoicing as you sit in the bus shelter. On your cardboard in your worn out shoes.

It's almost as if you can't think. They'd be happy enough to get us back. We propose the compromise we always have.
This is your opinion, Grac, and I'm fairly sure you're just a regular blerk with a vote.

However, this is the opinion of the EU budget boss:

1a.png

I think Herr Oettinger's opinion carries more weight, and they'd have to give us the square root of nowt, especially when we come crawling back, asking for forgiveness and absolution for daring to wish to leave the club by those nasty Brexit terrorists.

No idea, but it seems the French have some plans for a no deal brexit. I’m sure they gave it a bit of thought.

I’m not sure the French caused any of it. The last I heard some people actually voted for this.
Those who voted, being most clear they knew what they were voting for. I’m surprised that people are surprised. In fact, I’m amazed that our expats weren’t forwarded.
As for it turning into an economic wasteland, I’m sure young French people need houses too.
Maybe you're right, but from what I have seen it seems to mostly a case of shrugging the Elysee shoulders and saying 'boff' while people in the regions, outside of the political system, are seething about the national government

This is your opinion, Grac, and I'm fairly sure you're just a regular blerk with a vote.

However, this is the opinion of the EU budget boss:

View attachment 357887

I think Herr Oettinger's opinion carries more weight, and they'd have to give us the square root of nowt, especially when we come crawling back, asking for forgiveness and absolution for daring to wish to leave the club by those nasty Brexit terrorists.

It's just part of the panto. Let's see what happens in the next couple of hours.

Latest Threads