Brexit Phase Two - Trade

OK. Lets go for that. Given the way its been handled so far. Only a complete fantasist is going to think it's going to be handled well in the future. What makes you think a hard Brexit is a good idea and how come you seem to be the only one who thinks it will have an insignificant impact on UK growth.
The reasons probably quite simple, the Brexiters will probably have a whole lot of new and really foreign foreigners to blame for not acquiescing to their demands.

(us going for a crash out. should we complain to the eu for what happens after a hard Brexit. Expect to hear the words Sod and Off)

Edit. The sky won't fall in after a hard Brexit. I didn't see that on a bus.
Nope, the bus said "we send 50 million a day to the EU, let's spend it on the NHS instead" Has to go down as one of the biggest bullshits in history, its right up there with the Clinton/Lewinsky Affair.

Prosecco has become the drink of choice for low aspirational value chavs.
I only use it as a mixer in Aperol Spritz, never as a neat drink - Asti is a far more refined sparking wine.
Drinking alcohol is just so 1980s its all CBD oil these days, that's obviously your more upmarket Chav, the rest it a big old dose of super spice.

You can scoff now. Im expecting bad news on the rose front. I'm thinking about shares in mead and barley wine.
Fear ye not. South Africa and the Americas roduce some far better sparkling wines than the soda stream isswater from Italy

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Nope, the bus said "we send 50 million a day to the EU, let's spend it on the NHS instead" Has to go down as one of the biggest bullshits in history, its right up there with the Clinton/Lewinsky Affair.
Nearly as good as we'll need an emergency budget if you vote Brexit and there will be 850,000 job losses. I'm still reeling from the devastation of the British economy that started the day after we voted to Brexit.

Wordsmith

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Meanwhile the Irish underpants continue to turn an ever more malodorous shade of brown.

Ireland accuses UK of 'backsliding' on Brexit promises
Ireland's ambassador accused Theresa May of "backsliding" on her promise to avoid a hard border after Brexit on Tuesday, as he ruled out her proposal of a temporary customs union. Adrian O'Neill said his government was increasingly concerned by the prime minister's attempts to unpick key elements of the backstop clause, which she provisionally agreed to in December. In a briefing on Tuesday, Mr O'Neill said: "We are concerned [about] certain things which were agreed in December and repeated in March.
I think the Irish government is starting to realise that offering to hold the EU's coat while it picked a fight with the UK over the Irish border was not a smart idea.

I rather suspect the interruption to trade if there is a hard Brexit will cause a minor hiccup in the UK and send the Irish economy into recession. It will also pretty well guarantee Leo Varadkar and his government get turfed out of power in the next Irish elections.

Another PM that believes in self-inflicted wounds.

Wordsmith

@Cloth bomber appears to have gone the way of @ex_colonial who despite allegedly blocking me, will continue to make snide posts insulting me without having directly spoken with me for several years. Or in this case to tell me how not bothered he is when I rate his posts as funny. I find it rather satisfying to be honest.
What is it with some Brexitieers and their intolerance of any opinion other than one that mirrors their own?

Meanwhile the Irish underpants continue to turn an ever more malodorous shade of brown.

Ireland accuses UK of 'backsliding' on Brexit promises

I think the Irish government is starting to realise that offering to hold the EU's coat while it picked a fight with the UK over the Irish border was not a smart idea.

I rather suspect the interruption to trade if there is a hard Brexit will cause a minor hiccup in the UK and send the Irish economy into recession. It will also pretty well guarantee Leo Varadkar and his government get turfed out of power in the next Irish elections.

Another PM that believes in self-inflicted wounds.

Wordsmith

The RoI economy is once more riding high on a property bubble.
Any shock, and it could be a worse version of 2008.

Would many industries put up with a CEO who is such a martyr to his sciatica?

The EU more often than not seems to be a retirement home for politicians who have no further use at home. Very few burning national or international lights of politics start in Brussels and then shine on other stages. And no, Clegg never shone after his Brussels debut. He flickered at best.

With regards to your first point, I've not come across that expression before - so not sure what you mean. Do you the budget chief in general, or all politicians?

Reference your second point - interesting observation. I'd not considered that before - but you're right. Even the much lauded Farage has found it difficult to make the transition from EU politics to UK domestic politics.

Im only kidding about the the mead and barley wine. I'll just use the irish passport for travelling in europe drinking unfussy foreign beer.
Kozell is pretty good, available in Prague and budapest.
I like Kozel, too. In the good old days of East Germany I was a big fan of the original Budweiser wherever we could find it.

Latest Threads