Brexit Phase Two - Trade

The REAL reason the EU has weaponised the RoI/NI border issue is nothing to do with smuggling though.

The EU is simply trying to break off NI from the UK and create a United Ireland under EU auspices.

Repeat after me… all hail, the EU! Creater of a new Greater EUtopia!
See the doc, get your dosage adjusted.

Free money. You don’t understand the single market, do you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I do. It's where they sell loads more stuff to us than we do to them, and they get to send their unemployed to us.

And we pay billions for it to help upgrade Lithuanian infrastructure so that foreign investors can spend their dosh there, rather than here.

I'm spot on, aren't I?

Yes, I do. It's where they sell loads more stuff to us than we do to them, and they get to send us their unemployed to us.

And we pay billions for it to help upgrade Lithuanian infrastructure so that foreign investors can spend their dosh there, rather than here.

I'm spot on, aren't I?
Pretty much, you just missed the 5-10% creamed of by various mafias and their pet eastern and southern european politicians.

Yes, I do. It's where they sell loads more stuff to us than we do to them, and they get to send us all their unemployed.

I'm spot on, aren't I?
Yes, almost correct, though you forgot ‘we get nothing back’, ‘ it’s our money’ and ‘they need us’ . But well done for cutting through the complexities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing that in spite of the catastrophic effects of brexit upon the economy and on our political credibility, the turkeys who voted for xmas still want it. Are they demented, ignorant, stupid or ill?
Oh my has the economy collapsed again.. I wondered why I'd had multiple job offers in England the past few weeks within the Aerospace industry..

Read back what you originally posted. You said that the grants came from the UK contribution and that it formed part of the rebate. That is just utterly wrong. As you have just posted. The grants come from the pooled payments, and completely contrary to your assertion, there is no rebate cash flow to the UK.
I wondered if that was your argument.
it is very silly.
The fact that it is pooled before giving it back makes no difference in reality, and that is what Brexiteers work on.

Or very clever depending on your cynicism level.
Yes - clever on the part of the scammers, stark raving mad on the part of those who fall for it.

'I am the son of the late Sanni Abacha and I have in my possession...' etc etc

Oh my has the economy collapsed again.. I wondered why I'd had multiple job offers in England the past few weeks within the Aerospace industry..
Indeed. A certain UK contractor I am starting with in three weeks time currently has enough work for 20 years in the division I am moving into.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

A bit like now then. Just delete "US" and insert "EU"
Not like now at all. We have a voice within the EU no matter what the under confident and uninformed say.

Only it's not EU money. It's money from the UK's gross contribution sent to the EU and recycled back to Wales as an EU grant. The amount of the grant is then counted as part of the UK's rebate and used to calculate what the UK's net contribution is.

The current flow of funding is Westminster --> Brussels --> Cardiff.

After Brexit the flow would be Westminster --> Cardiff. It would be fiscally neutral - Cardiff would still get the same amount of money, but Brussels would be cut out as the middleman.

Wordsmith
Which wouldn't get to Wales, it'd go into reducing taxes or similar.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
When I say 'by stealth' I mean shifting the border to the Irish Sea. Otherwise, it seems we are in agreement
Actually when you think about it, and somebody did.The irish border would be the entire seaside and coastline.

The current internal land border between the North and the South could more accuratly be described as a british border.

Just saying like.

And here i would like to point out that the borders layout, use and significance was probably perfectly alignedunder the GFA.
Its difficult to see how anyone is going to get a better deal.
Oh thats right, we're not.

Actually when you think about it, and somebody did.The irish border would be the entire seaside and coastline.

The current internal land border between the North and the South could more accuratly be described as a british border.

Just saying like.

And here i would like to point out that the borders layout, use and significance was probably perfectly alignedunder the GFA.

Enjoy your future as an EU client state ruled from Dublin.

Personally, I’d vote for handing NI over.

Just saying like.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say. The British border is between NI and Eire on land, and not between NI and the mainland

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
verticalgyro Finance, Property, Law 18
S11Blade Brexit 41
Skylog The Intelligence Cell 8