• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Test post please ignore

If the EU are willing to pursue a political aim at any cost, then it must follow that the economics are a secondary consideration.

That the UK is also prioritising political aims at the expense of the economy doesn't make things any more palatable, but it does make it easier to understand.

And there you have it.

The fundamentalists in the EU have said the financial pain of being bloody minded is worth the gain of discouraging les other autres considering leaving.

What is the difference between what they are prepared to offer Canada + and Chequers.

Archie
Canada super + has more realistic chance of getting through parliament, where as Chequers has zero chance.

These negotiations can't & must not be seen as failure from the EU prospective. It wouldn't look good having incompetent & slow deals from Canada, Japan & the UK. It would also give Trump more ammunition to make Brussels life more difficult in the future.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Canada super + has more realistic chance of getting through parliament, where as Chequers has zero chance.

These negotiations can't & must not be seen as failure from the EU prospective. It wouldn't look good having incompetent & slow deals from Canada, Japan & the UK. It would also give Trump more ammunition to make Brussels life more difficult in the future.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk
Yes I realise that what I am trying to educate myself about, is why is Canada Plus acceptable and Chequers not

What does Chequers have that the EU objects too

Archie

Yes I realise that what I am trying to educate myself about, is why is Canada Plus acceptable and Chequers not

What does Chequers have that the EU objects too

Archie
Threatens the SM & other factors Brussels isn't happy with.

Why on earth PMTM (via Olly Robins it's author) thought Chequers would have the slightest chance of acceptance is bizarre & beyond me.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Have you driven around Liverpool centre recently, site cranes abound.

If you have any spare cash to stash away, invest in tobacconists and opticians.
The Chinese students have arrived.

The good news?
The average obesity rate in young ladies has dropped, in the town centre at least.
They say spice and crack are good for weight loss. I am sure as soon as they have a couple of bin lids the girls will slide back into their trackies.