• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

May's problems multiply.

Labour threat to vote down May's Brexit

The opposition parties are pretty well guaranteed to combine to try and vote May's plans down. Which means whatever May proposes can only go through with ERG and DUP support. Neither of those will support Chequers, but would both probably support Canada Plus.

Which makes May's decision to forbid discussion of Canada Plus at yesterday's cabinet meeting even more insane.

I must admit I can't fathom what she's up to. Any sane person would have decided Chequers was as dead as a Dodo by now - May continues to push a plan that is not acceptable to the EU and can't get through Westminster.

There's dumb and then there's May.

Wordsmith
JC has called his joker and supported the second referendum to win the possible General election.

So we have the MayBot fighting the leave corner but really wants to stay.

JC fighting the stay corner but the Commie really wants to leave.

And people actually think that this cake and arse party is going to turn out “alright on the night “

JC has called his joker and supported the second referendum to win the possible General election.

No he hasn't, he wants a GE. He hates the EU more than he hates Israel

It’s a power grab, if he pulls it off quite a few people you included will be slightly annoyed to say the least.
I'm out now, in a bit of pain. can you PM your dealers number please?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
This will please the European Commission.

Theresa May pledges to slash taxes to lowest rate in G20 to make Britain a post-Brexit economic powerhouse
Theresa May will on Wednesday pledge to use low tax and “smart regulation” to make post-Brexit Britain an economic powerhouse and the envy of Europe.

The Prime Minister will tell an audience in the United States that Britain will have “the lowest rate of corporation tax in the G20” after leaving the EU, making it “one of the most business-friendly economies in the world”.
It's the thing the Commission dread most after Brexit. A low tax, lightly regulated UK will attract business and investment away from the EU. In addition, companies will move their HQ's to the UK to take advantage of the lower tax rates.

Wait for Barnier, Juncker, Verhofstadt and the other suspects to throw their toys out of the pram over the next few days.

It also means the chances of a hard Brexit have increased - no way do the EU want an UK becoming ever more efficient through lower taxes and less regulation to have easy access to the single market. We'll start to drive EU manufacturers out of business.

Wordsmith

This will please the European Commission.

Theresa May pledges to slash taxes to lowest rate in G20 to make Britain a post-Brexit economic powerhouse

It's the thing the Commission dread most after Brexit. A low tax, lightly regulated UK will attract business and investment away from the EU. In addition, companies will move their HQ's to the UK to take advantage of the lower tax rates.

Wait for Barnier, Juncker, Verhofstadt and the other suspects to throw their toys out of the pram over the next few days.

It also means the chances of a hard Brexit have increased - no way do the EU want an UK becoming ever more efficient through lower taxes and less regulation to have easy access to the single market. We'll start to drive EU manufacturers out of business.

Wordsmith
Exactly the kind of tit for tat political shite that has started many a war.

But, Mousie, thou art no thy-lane,
In proving foresight may be vain;
The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!

It's going down the pan, tits up, in reverse, at high speed...the delusions are fading, the dreams turned to nightmares, chances fading as reality looms...but "we won the vote" echoes on in the geriatric care homes and rusty containers in the shite holes of Britain. Who can they blame? That's the next thing that they will be dribbling about!

It's going down the pan, tits up, in reverse, at high speed...the delusions are fading, the dreams turned to nightmares, chances fading as reality looms...but "we won the vote" echoes on in the geriatric care homes and rusty containers in the shite holes of Britain. Who can they blame? That's the next thing that they will be dribbling about!
All your base are belong to us

You win I will demand a new vote and vote remain
I've already said a number of times that I'm not looking for one, if you want to campaign for one I back your democratic right to do so.

I’ve said all along those who are in charge of this fiasco are playing with the jobs and lives of us the people, they won’t suffer much apart from a bit of humiliation. They have already chosen their Jesus in the MayBot to nail to the cross.

It no longer matters what we want or decide, the EU and the Germans will protect the single market at all costs. Us staying in the single market depends on freedom of movement, those who voted to leave did so against this at all costs. So there will or cannot be a deal. Unless she goes, then we get JC and his bunch of morons after a snap GE.

She has picked up her cross and is starting the walk to the hill.