• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

If my understanding is correct, Canada plus means hard Brexit with no transition period.

There is no timeframe or certainty that a Canada deal could be agreed, and it does not solve the Irish border issue. It would be WTO for a year or two?

So how will the HoC vote on No Deal go?

The opposition will all vote against, although some Labour MPs may abstain.
The issue is how many Tories will vote against? Souboury and Clarke have been very quiet of late.

I also suspect that TM will cling to Chequers for the time being, to see if the EU blinks.
There is no ‘Irish border issue’.
Its Self generated wibble by the EU.

A man has a gym membership, making frequent use of the sauna, machines etc.
One day he tells the desk that he’s leaving.
“Sorry to lose you. Your membership will end on the 31st”
Ah, but no! he says. I don’t just want to quit. I want to keep using the sauna! And the treadmills! For free, almost !
“I’m sorry but we don’t have such a membership plan”
No problem, says the man. Call the manager. You’ll cut me a deal. You need me more than I need you!
The manager arrives. “What is the problem, sir?”
“I want a custom membership deal where I’m BETTER OFF than now”
The manager looks around. Thirty gym members are staring curiously at the conversation. He knows that if he grants this man a cheaper, better deal, it will be the end of his gym.
“Could you tell me please, EXACTLY what you are asking for? Then I can think about it.”
The man can’t answer. He hems and haws. People go back to their tasks while he stands there in confusion. Hours later, the gym closes and everybody goes home. They return in the morning to find the man lying in a puddle of blood and grey matter with a note clutched in his hand saying 'haha! This will hurt you more than it hurts me!'
bet you're glad you didn't post a complete load of sh*t posing as intellectual output... Oh. Better luck next time, eh.

"Keir Starmer this morning: 'I don’t think at this stage anybody is talking about extending Article 50.'

Emily Thornberry this afternoon: 'We need to extend Article 50.' "

So courts make unsolicited rulings?

or shall we assume they were asked to decide by the eu, wanting secrecy, and another party(ies) hoping for a bit of transparency on where eu taxpayers' money goes?
Grumble in whichever way makes you feel happier.

Grumble in whichever way makes you feel happier.
I'll assume that this is another one of those deficits of democracy that you'll ignore, providing you get to stay under the starry sphincter comfort blanky.

for me, it's another reason to leave. It should never have even got to a court. Public expenditure, apart from some military or security exceptions, should be available to the public.

Yes, once out of the EU, without Junkers to look after us, we'll all be force fed chlorinated chicken.
Yeah...farming's only 0.52% of GDP anyhoo...and US steel's better...and cars...

I'll assume that this is another one of those deficits of democracy that you'll ignore, providing you get to stay under the starry sphincter comfort blanky.

for me, it's another reason to leave. It should never have even got to a court. Public expenditure, apart from some military or security exceptions, should be available to the public.
I'm nowhere near as excitable as some.