Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Neither main party is putting the national interest above party wrt brexit, at the moment
Every now and again in one's life strange thiongs happen, and one is happening now! I actually agree with your post :D

Brexit was always about attempting to unite the conservative party.

The one outcome I cannot see from brexit is an intact conservative party.

BrINO will probably see the ERG extremists splitting and forming UKIP 2.0, hard brexit and the ensuing disastrous results will simply ratchet up the infighting to all out war.

The wilderness awaits the conservatives come what may

Brexit was always about attempting to unite the conservative party.

The one outcome I cannot see from brexit is an intact conservative party.

BrINO will probably see the ERG extremists splitting and forming UKIP 2.0, hard brexit and the ensuing disastrous results will simply ratchet up the infighting to all out war.

The wilderness awaits the conservatives come what may
It may have escaped your notice but 498 to 114 voted in favour of Theresa May triggering Article 50, not all those those were Conservatives, or have many of them popped over to the opposition benches

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Anyhoo, looks like as long, cold winter and no deal agreed until midday 29/3/19, if at all.
As @History_Man has pointed out, a deal has to be agreed by both sides by November for the legislation to be based in time for the end of March.

In addition, the Remain majority of Labour and Limp Dem MP's in the Lords are almost certain to add multiple amendments to government bills, wasting parliamentary time and increasing the probability we execute a hard Brexit.

Wordsmith

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
There will be another referendum sooner or later. The questions will include leave or remain. It's obvious that 'the people' are better informed now than two years ago. Therefore if 75% choose remain what went wrong? Every poll shows growing support for remain...why?

It's the delusion versus facts situation...reality trumps fantasy every time.

Sadly we will be under a Labour government when extremist brexitears get the message.
Have you been informing them about the holocaust?

You know, the one you don’t think happened.

The notion that you can build an economy based upon taking from the wealthy and giving to the lazy or incompetent is doomed to failure. Those who generate jobs and wealth should not be punished. The personal expenses of admin assistants are not going to help the vandals and scum of society. Wealth at a high level is necessary to reach the poor. Making every one poor is called madness.

The only reasons you keep that secret are if MEP's have been taking the pi$$ and there will be a public outcry if their expenses are revealed. (As happened with Westminster a few years ago).

If expenses were all above board, there should be no objection to them being revealed.

Wordsmith
I’ll try and dig the YouTube clip out of the german news crew being evicted from the EU parliament building rather heavy handed and threatened with legal action for daring to show MEPs signing in for work at 06:00 on a Friday just before they left so they could claim a days pay.

The notion that you can build an economy based upon taking from the wealthy and giving to the lazy or incompetent is doomed to failure. Those who generate jobs and wealth should not be punished. The personal expenses of admin assistants are not going to help the vandals and scum of society. Wealth at a high level is necessary to reach the poor. Making every one poor is called madness.
o_O
You need help, chum.

Just for you.

@Higgs_bosun,

You could save yourself a lot of time by using Random Word Generator - Sentence.

He said 'should be the easiest deal in history'.

Not unlike you Remainers to quote mine and spin though is it?
Very like to Fox to lie to Olympic standard though. Why do you trust this man who ignored all UK security clearance procedures for his "friend" and adviser?

Winston Churchill (paraphrasing slightly) once said understanding is like a 6" culvert passing under a road. All the time, there is a low volume of information/water flowing, the culvert serves to pass it. If the volume increases, the 6" culvert can only pass so much information and the rest flows off somewhere else.

I suspect May's culvert is overloaded. She's not shown much ability to come up with original solutions to problems herself, relying in her SPADs and advisers to do so for her. She only ever had a Plan A (Chequers) and thus cannot think of any alternative way out of her problems. Hence, her desperately clinging on to the only thought in her head.

She's also lashed herself to the Chequer's mast. She's been so single minded and duplicitous over it (such as releasing briefing papers to her supporters days ahead of releasing them to her opponents), that she's built up a reservoir of ill-will that cannot now be drained. If Chequers goes, May's position as PM becomes untenable.

I suspect the main thing preventing a leadership challenge being activated now is that the Tory party cannot afford to remove her while the Brexit negotiations are ongoing.

I also think many in the Cabinet (and in the wider party) strongly suspect that the only deal they can get with the EU will be on the EU's terms - and hard Brexit is better than that. As such, leaving May in place until Brexit means all the blame for that can be loaded onto her; she can then be binned immediately after it and the new leader can get on with cleaning up the mess she's created.

(Have I mentioned I think she's an exceptionally stupid woman?)

Wordsmith
"Winston Churchill (paraphrasing slightly)" sounds very much like an excuse for a fib.

Both sides can claim ‘victory’ with Canada++
Even Remain can claim a vicarious ‘victory’ too.
Nobody can claim a victory for a Canada deal. The double plus is a giveawy of course, it's your standard language.