Brexit Phase Two - Trade

There will be another referendum sooner or later. The questions will include leave or remain. It's obvious that 'the people' are better informed now than two years ago. Therefore if 75% choose remain what went wrong? Every poll shows growing support for remain...why?

It's the delusion versus facts situation...reality trumps fantasy every time.

Sadly we will be under a Labour government when extremist brexitears get the message.
I think we may have to go through a general election in November before there is a sniff at another vote.

Problem with voting to remain is there is no “go back” plan. They could indeed make us leave for one day then rejoin over moths under different terms and conditions including paying the divorce bill as compensation as a starter.

Seems to be the default planning assumption now.
of course it is, but then TM has always said that no deal was better than a bad deal. The point is that the remainers all think that on a no deal the planet would stop spinning and people would be left in a gravitational limbo. If there is no deal, then the existing conditions apply and the world keeps turning. I find myself warming to her, which I know is hard to understand, but no deal? if the commission keep stonewalling-they will get no deal. Now a no deal also means all bets are off, that means all preconditions and it's the preconditions that have stymeied everything, particularly as there is no mechanism for leaving:evil:.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Because I am sick to death of his holier than thou attitude and assumption of his own moral superiority.
Oh come on, it's funny! It is just a form of entertainment on a plane way above Baggie's level of intelligence :D

of course it is, but then TM has always said that no deal was better than a bad deal. The point is that the remainers all think that on a no deal the planet would stop spinning and people would be left in a gravitational limbo. If there is no deal, then the existing conditions apply and the world keeps turning. I find myself warming to her, which I know is hard to understand, but no deal? if the commission keep stonewalling-they will get no deal. Now a no deal also means all bets are off, that means all preconditions and it's the preconditions that have stymeied everything, particularly as there is no mechanism for leaving:evil:.

Spin no deal as apocalypse Brexit, makes Canada++ a shoo in that saves the day

Because I am sick to death of his holier than thou attitude and assumption of his own moral superiority.
I think he's having trouble with his transcendental medication.
It's an age thing.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I think we may have to go through a general election in November before there is a sniff at another vote.
And I think that you need to be locked away in a mental institution for that line alone, but just like your remark above, it won't happen.

Was he born in Labrador then?
It will nonetheless keep those guardians (of all things that are French) otherwise colloquially known as Les Douanes very stretched.
Ah I knew the Douanes in Paris and Lille very well. You'd have no problems in Lille-Paris is another matter and the two disliked each other intensley. Bit like country plod dislike London Plod 'an all. No I was struck by the concept of a rather snooty Bischon Frieze being detained d by French customs-which would only happen if directed and they wouldn't be very happy. Rabbis:-D control is a uniquely British. Eurostar staff (French) got a bit of a ticking off for allowing to Yanks with cats to enter the UK in an unauthorised port, courtesy of me.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
May's problems multiply.

Labour threat to vote down May's Brexit
Labour MPs are "likely" to be ordered to vote against any Brexit deal based on Theresa May's Chequers plan, Sir Keir Starmer will say on Tuesday. The plans look set to fail the six tests the shadow Brexit secretary set for any deal with Brussels, he will say as he addresses the party conference.

Labour's policy is to force an election if MPs are deadlocked over Brexit.
The opposition parties are pretty well guaranteed to combine to try and vote May's plans down. Which means whatever May proposes can only go through with ERG and DUP support. Neither of those will support Chequers, but would both probably support Canada Plus.

Which makes May's decision to forbid discussion of Canada Plus at yesterday's cabinet meeting even more insane.

I must admit I can't fathom what she's up to. Any sane person would have decided Chequers was as dead as a Dodo by now - May continues to push a plan that is not acceptable to the EU and can't get through Westminster.

There's dumb and then there's May.

Wordsmith

Brexit Britain sets itself up to learn the hard way

That's what they are saying around the world... Incredible how ignorance has fooled the UK under the cloak of democracy.

May's problems multiply.

Labour threat to vote down May's Brexit

The opposition parties are pretty well guaranteed to combine to try and vote May's plans down. Which means whatever May proposes can only go through with ERG and DUP support. Neither of those will support Chequers, but would both probably support Canada Plus.

Which makes May's decision to forbid discussion of Canada Plus at yesterday's cabinet meeting even more insane.

I must admit I can't fathom what she's up to. Any sane person would have decided Chequers was as dead as a Dodo by now - May continues to push a plan that is not acceptable to the EU and can't get through Westminster.

There's dumb and then there's May.

Wordsmith
Looks like the chances of us leaving without a deal have increased somewhat.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Looks like the chances of us leaving without a deal have increased somewhat.
Somebody on telly made the comment that Labour are going to vote against any plan that May brings forward. So it looks like the interests of Labour come before those of the country. To be fair the same can be levelled at the Tories.

Anyhoo, looks like as long, cold winter and no deal agreed until midday 29/3/19, if at all.

Somebody on telly made the comment that Labour are going to vote against any plan that May brings forward. So it looks like the interests of Labour come before those of the country. To be fair the same can be levelled at the Tories.

Anyhoo, looks like as long, cold winter and no deal agreed until midday 29/3/19, if at all.
Indeed, see my post (#51,301) above.

Neither main party is putting the national interest above party wrt brexit, at the moment