Brexit Phase Two - Trade

No probs,May should demand our 16 percent stake in the ECB by next March, instead of waiting decades for repayment ?
worth €11 billion in 2016. We may have another €5 billion in capital.

The UK's stake in the European Investment Bank

We can't be a member of the eib if we're not in the eu... So really the European should be settling their accounts with us pronto. Or accept it in lieu of the so called divorce bill.

We also fund the ecb to the tune of €56 million.

The UK's stake in the European Investment Bank

And we've paid for the buildings and stationary budget. So hopefully the meps will Nick some chairs and pens on the way out.

Good! Stop all these coming over with their "little babies" and crapping all over the place just because the wickle ickle doggy needs a holiday as well.
Actually, sheesh is right. I think they have to go through most of those hoops as it is. It's not as if there are loads of
tollwut signs up in the New Forest either.

IEA's sums are crap shocker. Nice to see the BBC doing some actual reporting mind.

The issue here is that when I run this model it gives bananas results. When he runs it, it gives clear and elegant results which are all of the right scale. This is curious.

I have asked Mr Singham for his data. I am also quite curious about the indices he produced which do the final piece of linking of deregulation to growth, but it is impossible to piece together their dataset from the outside. Mr Singham says he is intending to publish work in journals, so has declined to share his data.

I have asked for Mr Singham's scripts which show his working - like the ones I published. In most statistical work, you keep these so others may audit your work. I have also sent him my results and asked if he can explain the issue. I await a reply.

Maths questions for the IEA

IEA, Legatum, Tax payers alliance... nice cosy little club eh? Same faces, same offices.

No probs,May should demand our 16 percent stake in the ECB by next March, instead of waiting decades for repayment ?
It can be offset against this.

'The European Commission is sending a legal notice to Britain for failing to contribute 2.7 billion euros ($A4.4 billion) in customs duties to the European Union, the commission says.

'The anti-fraud office "found that importers in the United Kingdom evaded a large amount of customs duties by using fictitious and false invoices and incorrect customs value declarations at importation," the commission said in a statement. "Despite having been asked to take appropriate risk control measures, the United Kingdom failed to take effective action to prevent the fraud," it added.

'The 2.7 billion euros ($A4.4 billion) is the estimate of losses to the EU budget that resulted from this fraud. But there could be additional losses to the budget due to its impact on value added tax collection, the commission said.'

EU pursues Britain for unpaid customs duty

Yes it was a UK vote to determine its future relationship with the EU and the world.
Brexit was a UK vote to send the Roma back to Eastern Europe.

Do you think there will be a frank and open discussion about the future of the EU and whether it's fit for purpose ?
I 'm sure there will be in a few years when the campaign for England to rejoin the EU kicks off.

Is Brexit a very convenient tool for deflection from the problems that exist and that will exist for the forseeable future in the EU ?
All organisations have problems. What will Brexiteers do when they don't have the EU to blame for the UK's problems?

Good! Stop all these coming over with their "little babies" and crapping all over the place just because the wickle ickle doggy needs a holiday as well.
Actually, sheesh is right. I think they have to go through most of those hoops as it is. It's not as if there are loads of
tollwut signs up in the New Forest either.
let's not go nuts...

Reality Check: Are pet passports under threat?

Prevalence of rabies - Wikipedia

The four cases of rabies in UK since 2000 were acquired abroad. Whereas Europe is riddled.

The last case where someone was infected in the UK occurred in 1922, the last death from indigenous rabies was in 1902.
Q&A: Rabies

All organisations have problems. What will Brexiteers do when they don't have the EU to blame for the UK's problems?
We'll always have the EU to blame for our problems.

I 'm sure there will be in a few years when the campaign for England to rejoin the EU kicks off.

I hope that the first two points you made were in jest. Otherwise I've vastly overestimated your intellect.
Brexiteers and everyone else will hold their elected officials to account.

It's little difference than the Irish thinking that we are responsible for most of their problems! You can still see and hear rubbish nearly a hundred years after partition.
It's been going on long enough from here towards the EU. Fascinating seeing some, on the one hand proclaiming that we'll prosper in a "No Deal" situation and on the other, blaming the big bad EU for not giving us a deal.

you obviously didn't understand the referendum.

maybe. And if the vote is rejoin then rejoin we shall. No tantrums.

vote out the incumbent government and vote in folk we think will do a better job. Take note of the word 'vote'. It's quite important.

A second referendum would do enormous damage, not least by convincing significant swathes of the country that our democracy was irretrievably broken, thus opening them up emotionally to be receptive to some form of extreme nutterage.
Why shouldn't we vote for 'nutterage' if the referendum result - democracy - isn't respected?

I don't think I'd have any other options if the mainstream parties don't play the democracy game.