• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

The exit will be one that the UK inflicts on itself. All the UK's current woes are self-inflicted. Blaming the EU is just pathetic.

What are the opinions of ARRSERs on the chances of TM heading to the Palace this afternoon?
Yes it was a UK vote to determine its future relationship with the EU and the world.
Do you think there will be a frank and open discussion about the future of the EU and whether it's fit for purpose ?
Is Brexit a very convenient tool for deflection from the problems that exist and that will exist for the forseeable future in the EU ?

Last edited:
That elderly generation 'The grey brigade is the richest part of the present population' I have loads of friends of that ilk and many go private.
They may do, it doesn't affect the NHS sums enough though. The issue is an ageing population.

Does democracy need money?
Yup, if it's survive constant attacks it does., it's been paid for in blood already. Those who would take it away from you would start with the press, then the courts and so on.

Craculas Greetings! when in hospital did you notice the waste of materials, electricity, food products etc, Heating left on all day with windows open because it was stifling.
Also presently at our local day clinic here, the outside lights are left on day and night.
There are doctors surgeons nurses etc, all excellent people and very professional, but of course they are not business people!
I noticed a dedicated and extremely professional team, had a top chat with the consultant about and left better informed.

Stifling for who? You and I maybe, others who knows? Very much nil by mouth on a colonoscopy and it's outpatients so never saw much else.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Trouble is the counter argument (JRM) is too eloquently put, I have yet to hear a politician other than Farage put it in terms that the man in the street understands

I voted out - if there was a 2nd referendum I would vote stay, I don`t think that there is a politician or party with ability to be able to organise the complex issue of leaving.

The bottom line is there is no acceptable exit, the exit will be one that the EU wishes to inflict on the UK, the UK will have no say in the matter, so should have just left after the referendum and got on with it.

The whole cause is now a lost one, and there will be a GE sooner or later

Totally feed up with Brexit all the time, when there are other strategic and structurally issue in the UK that politicians need to attempt to sort out

Archie
Then all you are doing is exactly why remain have played this delaying tactic. I must say they have played it very well but resolve is what is needed to see this through.

Put Project Fear to one side, as that is exactly what it is, and look to a future where we can make trade deals with any country we want, don't have to comply with EU regulations, brought in mainly to regulate eastern and southern countries who need that sort of direction IMO. There will be difficulties, but at the moment they are mostly bring made by British politicians.

I didn't enjoy that, it just reminds me of Brexit. It's just a shame they cut the clip off before he started blaming everyone else for cutting himself, by interfering with his chi wrapping process by not believing in it enough/not wanting to join in with him.
I think you've been hit around the head too much.

Doomed!

Brand new training courses by the UK CAA
Our best-in-class training courses that are developed by UK CAA regulators; those working at the forefront of aviation regulation. Our courses are designed to help you meet – and often exceed – the latest international regulations of EASA and ICAO.

Trouble is the counter argument (JRM) is too eloquently put, I have yet to hear a politician other than Farage put it in terms that the man in the street understands

I voted out - if there was a 2nd referendum I would vote stay, I don`t think that there is a politician or party with ability to be able to organise the complex issue of leaving.

The bottom line is there is no acceptable exit, the exit will be one that the EU wishes to inflict on the UK, the UK will have no say in the matter, so should have just left after the referendum and got on with it.

The whole cause is now a lost one, and there will be a GE sooner or later

Totally feed up with Brexit all the time, when there are other strategic and structurally issue in the UK that politicians need to attempt to sort out

Archie
The thing is that, while it may be very challenging, Brexit of itself is pretty much as complex as people want to make it. The complexities are coming from people with a range of agendas trying to game the process. Some of that was anticipated; the hostility of the Commission for example, but everything else is symptomatic of a Prime Minister trying to do something she campaigned against, a divided minority government trying to find a middle way between two mutually exclusive outcomes, a truculent Civil Service doing its best to drive Brexit into the sand and powerful non-State players with excellent media access lobbying for Remain.

It doesn't help having May as PM either. Put Maggie in her place with one of her thumping majorities and the Brexit experience would be entirely different, with Norman Tebbit wearing Olly Robbins' skin as a cape for a start.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Surprise, surprise, Labour have fudged the "people's vote".
Labour leadership don't want another referendum as it will keep them out of office. If a second referendum were to be held and the result is the same sort of split then Labour, having pushed for it, will be seen as bad guys. The only way they can get in to No10 is through a GE and another referendum would deflect from that.

If, God forbid, the government becomes even weaker and a second vote is pushed through, then in my view this should be a double election. A referendum with a final vote and a GE on the same day so the Party that wins must implement the referendum decision.

The thing is that, while it may be very challenging, Brexit of itself is pretty much as complex as people want to make it. The complexities are coming from people with a range of agendas trying to game the process. Some of that was anticipated; the hostility of the Commission for example, but everything else is symptomatic of a Prime Minister trying to do something she campaigned against, a divided minority government trying trying to find a middle way between two mutually exclusive outcomes, a truculent Civil Service doing its best to drive Brexit into the sand and powerful non-State players with excellent media access lobbying for Remain.

It doesn't help having May as PM either. Put Maggie in her place with one of her thumping majorities and the Brexit experience would be entirely different, with Norman Tebbit wearing Olly Robbins' skin as a cape for a start.
Have you had a chance to scan the IEA proposals yet. It seems well received at Westminster.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
So who funds the IEA?
Here is what the IEA say on their website
The IEA is an educational charity (No CC 235 351) and independent research institute limited by guarantee. Ideas and policies produced by the Institute are freely available from our website for any individual or organisation to adopt, but we do not “sell” policy. The Institute is entirely independent of any political party or group, and is entirely funded by voluntary donations from individuals, companies and foundations who want to support its work, plus income from book sales and conferences. It does no contract work and accepts no money from government.
Can you prove differently? Still, deflection, as ever, was your tactic!