Brexit Phase Two - Trade

It's not really, but there is no way you are going to actually answer a question like that, is there!
Why do you want me to answer a question on a hypothetical which doesn't exist? Can't you see it would be a waste of time?

You answer it if you're so keen on chasing fantasies.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The group I was with in the pub last night got joined by someone one of the people with me knew vaguely. Turned out he was a rabid remain supporter. The conversation was hilarious.

Rabid Remain Supporter: The referendum should be re-run. The Electoral Commission has shown that £760,000 was spent illegally. You agree that the referendum should be rerun?

Wordsmith: You are aware the the Supreme court has ruled that the Electoral Commission gave misleading advice to Vote Leave, and they spent the £760K based on that.

RRS: You're not answering my question.

WS: Give me an example of how the £760K was spend to produce a misleading referendum result.

WS: Do you think the voters were capable of making their own minds up, or were they gullible enough to be taken in by one side's spins, while verifying that the spin on the other side was in fact accurate information.

[Continue for another 5 minutes]

It was like talking to a chat bot. He'd got into his head that the referendum was decided by this 'illegal' £760K and refused to consider any alternative opinion/information.

Wordsmith

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The group I was with in the pub last night got joined by someone one of the people with me knew vaguely. Turned out he was a rabid remain supporter. The conversation was hilarious.

Rabid Remain Supporter: The referendum should be re-run. The Electoral Commission has shown that £760,000 was spent illegally. You agree that the referendum should be rerun?

Wordsmith: You are aware the the Supreme court has ruled that the Electoral Commission gave misleading advice to Vote Leave, and they spent the £760K based on that.

WS: Give me an example of how the £760K was spend to produce a misleading referendum result.

WS: Do you think the voters were capable of making their own minds up, or were they gullible enough to be taken in by one side's spins, while verifying that the spin on the other side was in fact accurate information.

It was like talking to a chat bot. He'd got into his head that the referendum was decided by this 'illegal' £760K and refused to consider any alternative opinion/information.

Wordsmith
You're not answering the question! :D

I was in on Fri for a colonoscopy, about a quarter of the staff were EU citizens. all of the patients/clients were UK citizens.

I have no idea about the circumstance or size of your ward so can't comment but medical tourism isn't the root cause of spending issues. We need something like a 3% increase year on year just to keep up.
Craculas Greetings! when in hospital did you notice the waste of materials, electricity, food products etc, Heating left on all day with windows open because it was stifling.
Also presently at our local day clinic here, the outside lights are left on day and night.
There are doctors surgeons nurses etc, all excellent people and very professional, but of course they are not business people!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
That elderly generation 'The grey brigade is the richest part of the present population' I have loads of friends of that ilk and many go private.
Well this member, somewhat junior one, is nowhere near the richest part of the present population. Far, far from it.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
You're not answering the question! :D
A characteristic of that conversation - and indeed one I frequently see on this thread is that people don't want to think the problems through for themselves. They have a single, fixed opinion, grad at any piece of confirmation that conforms it and completely ignore anything that contradicts it. Few people try and reconcile the contradicting information and come up with alternative or original thinking.

If I post one of my longer posts involving a chain of reasoning that goes a bit left field, I can pretty well guarantee - because to respond to the post would require someone to first think the problem through for themselves - it will get minimal or no responses.

If I post on a well worn topic, responses are guaranteed.

It a pity more people aren't prepared to invest the time in thinking problems through and putting up their chains of reasoning (and portioning evidence) up on here. However, it appears that people are only comfortable going down well worn paths where they can post well worn opinions.

Wordsmith

A characteristic of that conversation - and indeed one I frequently see on this thread is that people don't want to think the problems through for themselves. They have a single, fixed opinion, grad at any piece of confirmation that conforms it and completely ignore anything that contradicts it. Few people try and reconcile the contradicting information and come up with alternative or original thinking.

If I post one of my longer posts involving a chain of reasoning that goes a bit left field, I can pretty well guarantee - because to respond to the post would require someone to first think the problem through for themselves - it will get minimal or no responses.

If I post on a well worn topic, responses are guaranteed.

It a pity more people aren't prepared to invest the time in thinking problems through and putting up their chains of reasoning (and portioning evidence) up on here. However, it appears that people are only comfortable going down well worn paths where they can post well worn opinions.

Wordsmith
Yes.

Craculas Greetings! when in hospital did you notice the waste of materials, electricity, food products etc, Heating left on all day with windows open because it was stifling.
Also presently at our local day clinic here, the outside lights are left on day and night.
There are doctors surgeons nurses etc, all excellent people and very professional, but of course they are not business people!
Ask the fcuknuts where he recives care. I can assure him that he is not representative of the UK.

Paying off the DUP still?
Technically she's providing a 10% funding boost to the Northern Ireland constituencies...

I wonder could she find another couple of hundred quid to buy me a new phone as this one is shite.

Ps a loyal DUP voter.

What each hospital needs is a crusty old QM in there. He'd sort things out: 1st Nov, heating on - 1 Mar, heating off. Job jobbed! Ditto sleeves up/down, etc

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

After the hard brexit and when we eventually sign a Canadian style deal, can we have Celine Dion crooning during the signing ceremony....the lyrics would be perfect for the breakup between the two "lovers," the UK and EU.

Meh
This one has spandex...

It's starting to look a lil bit more like this....SS Great Britain better start getting a decent deal with that approaching iceberg

View attachment 354278
Ahh but it was fine when it left here..It's yon daft EU skipper who's leading it into the iceberg.

Or if there's a Briton behind the wheel they could smack it head on and limp into New York and negotiate a free trade deal as a sovereign nation once again.

Wordsmith
It must've been disappointing that you couldn't put him on ignore?