Brexit Phase Two - Trade

86% of Labour voters want a People's Vote on Brexit, Corbyn agreeing to abide by the outcome of the Labour Conference, it seems that the momentum is finally going against Brexit.

Many Labour voters voted for Leave but there has been a significant switch.

If Labour agrees to a People's Vote, then the Tory Brexiteers would be buggered - the Tories would be seen to be unfairly and relentlessly ramming through an unpopular ideology which benefits only rich, arrogant, hedge fund toffs (which actually is the reality). It also doesn't help that the Leave campaign broke the law and was also probably funded by tax dodgers and other hostile countries.

The tide may be turning
Labour would lose a GE with this policy. The only relevance that this has, is May be more inclined to call a snap GE if there is Parliamentary deadlock. Labour adopting this policy makes a hard Brexit more likely.

I can't be alone in hoping that Labour get behind another ref.:D
Remember the last GE and the parties that led on another ref manifesto? Just how did the LimpDumbs do?

I can't be alone in hoping that Labour get behind another ref.:D
Remember the last GE and the parties that led on another ref manifesto? Just how did the LimpDumbs do?
I remember it well. The Prime Minister lost her majority and look where we are now.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
86% of Labour voters want a People's Vote on Brexit, Corbyn agreeing to abide by the outcome of the Labour Conference, it seems that the momentum is finally going against Brexit.

If Labour agrees to a People's Vote, then the Tory Brexiteers would be buggered - the Tories would be seen to be unfairly and relentlessly ramming through an unpopular ideology which benefits only rich, arrogant, hedge fund toffs (which actually is the reality). It also doesn't help that the Leave campaign broke the law and was also probably funded by tax dodgers and other hostile countries.

The tide may be turning
And yet no mention of George Soros, who being the Remainers best friend/source of funds, is just as arrogant as any hedge fund manager and as hostile to this country as any foreign power. His only concern is cash, fùck democracy, as long as his pockets keep getting filled, it's ok.

And yet no mention of George Soros, who being the Remainers best friend/source of funds, is just as arrogant as any hedge fund manager and as hostile to this country as any foreign power. His only concern is cash, fùck democracy, as long as his pockets keep getting filled, it's ok.
His concern is democracy, that's what his foundation is all about.

George Soros gives $18bn to his charitable foundation

The tide may be turning
80%?

Really? Shirley you mean 80% of those that expresses a preference.

The tide may be turning
I think you may find that's members, not voters. It's a small detail, but it's how I keep my followers under control.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I recall reading somewhere in the last couple of years that pretty much anything produced for commercial sale worldwide can be found by agents specifically employed to do so, copied, manufactured in a Chinese factory and for sale in a period of 6 weeks.
About 15 years ago, the company I used to run produced the barrels for tungsten darts. These were then shipped off to the varying dart companies where they were machined, had the shafts, points, etc., added and packaged. The dart companies decided it would be cheaper to outsource a lot of this to China.

Result - the Chinese learned a lot about the European dart market, gradually targeted the European manufacturers of flights,, shafts, etc and put them out out of business. The bulk of actual manufacture is now carried out in China, with the European manufacturers buying in the finished product and putting their name on it.

I've just gone onto the website of one of the UK dart manufacturers. They state their products are "made in Britain", which is bollox because most of the facilities to manufacture the varying components of the darts no longer exist in the UK.

Wordsmith