• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

The idea that rest of the world is just chomping at the bit to give the United Kingdom what it wants for nothing is a self-delusion.

Other nations who slammed their door on the EU will slam their door on Little Britain as well.

Anyone who voted leave has voted to make our country nothing more than a small island that no one really listens to.

Clearly English nationalism is not dead on this thread alone. Look how upset you all have gotten at me offering a different narrative. It’s causing some right hissy fits.

I was not as easily fooled by themes such as "sovereignty" and "taking back control". How dare I engage a bit of intelligence.

The 20+ year long anti-EU campaign by the right wing cheap larger drinkers has also convinced many of the "Evil EU Empire" meme.

How stupid are you Brexiteers to think that leaving the European Union means controlling the European Union from the outside?

The Westminster gravy train has been well and truly boosted by people like you voting for these Conservatives to improve their feudalist credentials at the expense of your own jingoism.

I wonder how many new taxes us Joe Slobs are going to have to pay to enjoy that pressure ... or pleasure if you're a masochist.

Fair enough if you want to believe the United Kingdom is the special snowflake in the world when compared to the deals the EU has gotten with forty non-EU nations around the world.

Oh and @British_And_Proud brexit has done more for the ridiculous notion of a UI than the shinners ever could.

Death by a 1000 paper cuts mate. You think this lot of right wing fan boys give a f*ck about Ulster?

@Baglock, your record is stuck

[QUOTE="RoofRat, ! It would also include lots of 'White Goods' from Italy and Germany! I.
Just like France, most white goods all made in China! and flogged to their own domestic markets and to the EU.

Don't trust the 'Made in Germany' 'Made in France' etc etc. I often walk the Chinese assemble lines, and see parts made for assembly elsewhere, it's all a big conn!.[/QUOTE]
Indeed it is. I have often thrown out the challenge to people to find anything in the high street that isn't made in China, apart from food stuffs.

You want me to answer how our country isn’t becoming more isolated, weak and fractured?

I’ll simplify this for you.

The truth of the matter is that the UK Press, the Brexiters (Like you & all the others that watch Jeremy Kyle) and May have been both deluded about the rules that hold the EU together, and arrogant in their assumptions that the EU would drop some of these rules just to keep the UK happy.

She is still clinging to her delusions and arrogance in saying afterwards that this rejection was just a negotiating tactic on the part of the EU. Barnier set the various options out a long time ago in his series of UK "red lines" and the consequences of each. He was ignored, and this is the result. So she can now either sign off to a Norway or a Canada type deal or she can huff out and destroy the UK economy and also the Union which for some reason you are happy with??
My guess is that she won't be able to swallow her pride, so it's destruction of the UK.
But hey- you voted for it. Enjoy.

A word to the wise....

There are two and a half thousand posts on this thread alone. My strong recommendation is that you read the lot before pitching in with your opinions. Many have been expressed, discussed and in some cases ridiculed before.

Just an observation.

Just like France, most white goods all made in China! and flogged to their own domestic markets and to the EU.

Don't trust the 'Made in Germany' 'Made in France' etc etc. I often walk the Chinese assemble lines, and see parts made for assembly elsewhere, it's all a big conn!.
Indeed it is. I have often thrown out the challenge to people to find anything in the high street that isn't made in China, apart from food stuffs.[/QUOTE]

Most of the Bosch stuff we have in the workshop was made in China

Fantasy finally made contact with reality as the chequers waffle was utterly rejected by the EU, in the most stark display of solidarity, despite the efforts of out PM to divide and rule by backing fascism in Eastern Europe (a particular low).

The ERG are wearing no clothes, have been discredited and will be tarred and feathered in due course

I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist, but I think this laughable panto taking place in the media is merely to mask whats going on behind closed doors, with close coordination between both the EU MS and the EU officials....

The hysterical posting by the brexiteers on this thread is simply delicious to behold.

Like other countries who's populations have suffered bouts of insanity throughout history, early 21C Britain will be studied and debated and most importantly, learned from for future generations.

A cautionary lesson on the dangers of lazy arrogance, xenophobia, jingoism, nostalgia and achievement by (Empire) temporal proxy.

To brexiteers I say, hush now and be accursed, no matter what happens next, your fantasy is about to come crashing down very shortly, one way or another :p:p:p

Fantasy finally made contact with reality as the chequers waffle was utterly rejected by the EU, in the most stark display of solidarity, despite the efforts of out PM to divide and rule by backing fascism in Eastern Europe (a particular low).

The ERG are wearing no clothes, have been discredited and will be tarred and feathered in due course

I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist, but I think this laughable panto taking place in the media is merely to mask whats going on behind closed doors, with close coordination between both the EU MS and the EU officials....

The hysterical posting by the brexiteers on this thread is simply delicious to behold.

Like other countries who's populations have suffered bouts of insanity throughout history, early 21C Britain will be studied and debated and most importantly, learned from for future generations.

A cautionary lesson on the dangers of lazy arrogance, xenophobia, jingoism, nostalgia and achievement by (Empire) temporal proxy.

To brexiteers I say, hush now and be accursed, no matter what happens next, your fantasy is about to come crashing down very shortly, one way or another :p:p:p
She lives again.

Exactly. And that's why the EU are wanting to punish and make it difficult for the UK to exercise its democratic right to leave the EU.
They've played it wrong. They should have kept us on side. We'd have probably stilled paid in then. But now it's looking likely we'll hunt for our own trade.
Did we punish Ireland in 1921?

Have you been drinking toilet duck?

Where have you been?

Even the Aussies, part of the much vaunted Anglosphere/Commonwealth trading area (Empire v2.0) are laughing at our folly.

'Send help': May's extraordinary Brexit speech reveals her unusual tactic

Stripped of its R.E.S.P.E.C.T. rhetoric, British Prime Minister Theresa May’s extraordinary speech in 10 Downing St on Friday sounded suspiciously like the flutter of a white flag.
To paraphrase what it said, in a nutshell: “We chose Brexit. I’m out of ideas on how to make it work the way I want. Send help.”
Anything could happen from here. It could be a bump in the road, or it could lead to the fall of the British government and/or economic chaos. These are all real, not remote possibilities.

How muck kangaroo steak can we trade to offset the final departure of manufacturing from the country?

image.jpg

Even the Aussies, part of the much vaunted Anglosphere/Commonwealth trading area (Empire v2.0) are laughing at our folly.

Stripped of its R.E.S.P.E.C.T. rhetoric, British Prime Minister Theresa May’s extraordinary speech in 10 Downing St on Friday sounded suspiciously like the flutter of a white flag.
To paraphrase what it said, in a nutshell: “We chose Brexit. I’m out of ideas on how to make it work the way I want. Send help.”
Anything could happen from here. It could be a bump in the road, or it could lead to the fall of the British government and/or economic chaos. These are all real, not remote possibilities.

How muck kangaroo steak can we trade to offset the final departure of manufacturing from the country?
Were you decorating your spare room?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

The Phoenix rises! :geek:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

What strange interpretation of May's statement. Took an Aussie to put that spin on it.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor