Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Any second referendum will not be Yes or No.
This whole charade is premised on dividing the vote....the shameless lickspitals.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Cheers @AfghanAndy .

@Tired_Tech take note- this is how adults engage in debate. A reasoned & well thought response. It may be best if you just sit back and read

TT simply cannot grasp that his brand of nationalism makes us poor, weak and morally insecure
I maintain that those who voted leave are unpatriotic & contributing to the destruction of the UK. But hey I’m sure this was considered when he marched to the polling station wrapped in his England flag & holding a can of carling.

It was a logical impossibility two years ago and it's a logical impossibility today. It’s not difficult to see.

Meanwhile the EU "traitors" in the UK parliament and anyone that offers a different view out than LEAVE are blamed for the existence of reality.

Oh and a mod will happily confirm I hold one account you mong
Is that because your other ones have been banned? :eek:

The UK is on a downward trend since two generations at least, no industry to speak of, poor productivity, diminishing location attractiveness, weaker levels of secondary education, over-reliance on service sector. We don’t make any products that anyone wants to buy.

The EU is built on a solid and very successful foundation based on trade and mutual support, strength through unity and the actions of Trump should highlight the risk of going it alone.

The need for a single market and customs union will never go away.

Ignorant Brexiters have decided they hate foreigners more than they need a strong economy. There should be an IQ test before you let right wing van drivers vote.
Love the stereotype,the rest is selective b****cks.

Now go and pick your teddy up,or else you won't be able to throw it out of bed again.

By the By, I'm just back from a 10 day sojourn in Lorraine with French and German friends, should I really be hating them? They would love to be in the UK's situation, one actually works in Strasbourg...........for the EU! :mrgreen:

Love the stereotype,the rest is selective b****cks.

Now go and pick your teddy up,or else you won't be able to throw it out of bed again.

By the By, I'm just back from a 10 day sojourn in Lorraine with French and German friends, should I really be hating them? They would love to be in the UK's situation, one actually works in Strasbourg...........for the EU! :mrgreen:
i know a fair few living in EUrope.

let's just say the EUro equivalent of the Clapham omnibus is not full of ardent EUrophiles mocking UK 's decision to leave.

some would love to leave with us but are only to aware that the Euro shackles them to the EU. Like a slave in a galley.

I have been looking forward to this stage of the negotiations. The deadlines will reduce each side engaging in a pissing contest.

Personally I think it will go to a no deal, followed by a few months of chaos and a Canada + style FTA.

I confidentially expect a no deal followed by and scramble by the eu.

especially when they see 40 billion going over the horizon.
No deal followed by a hard brexit.
The UK does over 40% of it's trade with the EU
The EU does 8% of it's trade with the UK
Who is going to suffer?

BTW if the UK defaults on the divorce bill promptly destroys the UK's credit rating and apart from the pound dropping like a stone it meas the UK has ZERO chance of doing any trade deals with anyone (other than the India who want freedom of movment with any trade deal).

Al the EU has to do is sit and wait for a month.

Who is going to suffer?

BTW if the UK defaults on the divorce bill promptly destroys the UK's credit rating and apart from the pound dropping like a stone it meas the UK has ZERO chance of doing any trade deals with anyone (other than the India who want freedom of movment with any trade deal).

Who is going to suffer?

You seem to be experiencing some sort of mental meltdown....seek help, urgently.

Cheers @AfghanAndy .

@Tired_Tech take note- this is how adults engage in debate. A reasoned & well thought response. It may be best if you just sit back and read

TT simply cannot grasp that his brand of nationalism makes us poor, weak and morally insecure
I maintain that those who voted leave are unpatriotic & contributing to the destruction of the UK. But hey I’m sure this was considered when he marched to the polling station wrapped in his England flag & holding a can of carling.

It was a logical impossibility two years ago and it's a logical impossibility today. It’s not difficult to see.

Meanwhile the EU "traitors" in the UK parliament and anyone that offers a different view out than LEAVE are blamed for the existence of reality.

Oh and a mod will happily confirm I hold one account you mong

Behave @Baglock

Who is going to suffer?

You are assuming that the UK will default on all legal liabilities, they could opt to only pay the bare legal minimum which is not £39bln.

Also we need to factor in how our 40% of trade will be impacted by WTO rules, the media has been a bit fuzzy about this. No one really knows how the EU/UK markets will react, will demand mean the end user pays for the increase in price or will they look for a cheaper option.

Also how vital is the 8% of EU trade to UK. If the EU lose this, what is their impact to individual countries and what will be their reputational impact to MS. Will a hard Brexit feed far EU sceptical parties and increase their popularity?

While the EU are exonomically bigger, they do not hold all the cards.

Who is going to suffer?

That’s interesting, since Rabb took the job & made it globally clear that no money (£39bn) if no deal was the result I don’t see evidence of zero trading pending, nor a pause in investment. In fact quite the opposite. As for money, it could be paid on UK terms not EU.

Lastly, from a balanced viewpoint, everyone knows these talks are mutual, the U.K. will ‘not’ be the only partner in these talks to suffer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are assuming that the UK will default on all legal liabilities, they could opt to only pay the bare legal minimum which is not £39bln.

Also we need to factor in how our 40% of trade will be impacted by WTO rules, the media has been a bit fuzzy about this. No one really knows how the EU/UK markets will react, will demand mean the end user pays for the increase in price or will they look for a cheaper option.

Also how vital is the 8% of EU trade to UK. If the EU lose this, what is their impact to individual countries and what will be their reputational impact to MS. Will a hard Brexit feed far EU sceptical parties and increase their popularity?

While the EU are exonomically bigger, they do not hold all the cards.
So what is the "bare legal minimum", then?
According to the head of the National Audit Office, when appearing before the House of Commons Select Committee, the bare minimum to meet agreed commitments would have to be paid under International Law, no matter what in the event of UK leaving without a deal.
That "bare minimum" happens to be between 34 and 39 billion quid.

So what is the "bare legal minimum", then?
According to the head of the National Audit Office, when appearing before the House of Commons Select Committee, the bare minimum to meet agreed commitments would have to be paid under International Law, no matter what in the event of UK leaving without a deal.
That "bare minimum" happens to be between 34 and 39 billion quid.
Less all the other assets we’re entitled to.

But let’s be honest, UKplc has always said it would pay up. The EUs been arses with it and tried to ensure we clear EU liabilities plus some more.

Personally I’d prefer we take on those liabilities ourselves. If you’re the recipient of an EU pension, that transfers to a civil service pension. We can even put some caveats in it along the lines of ‘if you criticise the U.K. you lose you’re pension.’