Brexit Phase Two - Trade

You want me to answer how our country isn’t becoming more isolated, weak and fractured?

I’ll simplify this for you.

The truth of the matter is that the UK Press, the Brexiters (Like you & all the others that watch Jeremy Kyle) and May have been both deluded about the rules that hold the EU together, and arrogant in their assumptions that the EU would drop some of these rules just to keep the UK happy.

She is still clinging to her delusions and arrogance in saying afterwards that this rejection was just a negotiating tactic on the part of the EU. Barnier set the various options out a long time ago in his series of UK "red lines" and the consequences of each. He was ignored, and this is the result. So she can now either sign off to a Norway or a Canada type deal or she can huff out and destroy the UK economy and also the Union which for some reason you are happy with??
My guess is that she won't be able to swallow her pride, so it's destruction of the UK.
But hey- you voted for it. Enjoy.
No, I asked you how remaining in the eu guarantees UK won't become weak, isolated etc.

have another go.

Where’s the NHS money?

Why is the pound dropping?

Why are businesses registering in Ireland?

In your own time.

May keeps on bringing the weapons of propaganda and posturing to battles where the EU comes armed with process and patience. And it still you keep wondering why it fails?

We all can see that Salzburg turned out to be a Suez moment, a sudden and unexpected blow to the government’s prestige delivered by the discovery that UK does not possess the political and economic weight to make a deal with the EU?

Those who voted leave have been acting like a bunch of spoilt rich kids for 2 years and are now offended when the European union throws out their nonsense.
Totally delusional. Imperialist attitudes in 2018. EU clearly thinks we deserve everything that is coming now.
Where the NHS money? We’re still paying into the EU.

Why’s the £ dropping? Already identified by the IMF that the £ was overvalued. Overvalued £ is good in some cases bad in others. Ying and Yang.

Why are businesses registering in Ireland? Don’t know? Why are businesses registering in the U.K.?

Here’s the ONS business registration info for 2017.

UK business; activity, size and location - Office for National Statistics

It’s up from 2017, which in turn is up 2016 which is up from 2015.

Strange how this medic cock has as much time on its hands ,and the same hectoring narrative style as the site penis of the year.Not to mention the same delusional idea that it’s wasting time on here being laughed at by most posters is going to make a blind bit of difference.
Have you no idea baglock how sad and desperate for attention this sock puppetry makes you look.
Another for the ignore pile.
That is all,

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Strange how this medic cock has as much time on its hands ,and the same hectoring narrative style as the site penis of the year.

Another for the ignore pile.
I'm not putting it on ignore yet. It's so f*cking delusional, it's providing me considerable amusement.

But after another few days the novelty will have worn off and into the outer darkness it will go.

Wordsmith

Cheers @AfghanAndy .

@Tired_Tech take note- this is how adults engage in debate. A reasoned & well thought response. It may be best if you just sit back and read

TT simply cannot grasp that his brand of nationalism makes us poor, weak and morally insecure
I maintain that those who voted leave are unpatriotic & contributing to the destruction of the UK. But hey I’m sure this was considered when he marched to the polling station wrapped in his England flag & holding a can of carling.

It was a logical impossibility two years ago and it's a logical impossibility today. It’s not difficult to see.

Meanwhile the EU "traitors" in the UK parliament and anyone that offers a different view out than LEAVE are blamed for the existence of reality.

Oh and a mod will happily confirm I hold one account you mong

Cheers @AfghanAndy .

@Tired_Tech take note- this is how adults engage in debate. A reasoned & well thought response. It may be best if you just sit back and read

TT simply cannot grasp that his brand of nationalism makes us poor, weak and morally insecure
I maintain that those who voted leave are unpatriotic & contributing to the destruction of the UK. But hey I’m sure this was considered when he marched to the polling station wrapped in his England flag & holding a can of carling.

It was a logical impossibility two years ago and it's a logical impossibility today. It’s not difficult to see.

Meanwhile the EU "traitors" in the UK parliament and anyone that offers a different view out than LEAVE are blamed for the existence of reality.

Oh and a mod will happily confirm I hold one account you mong
I've asked you a question, please answer.

may i extend the hand of welcome. I'm really glad you're back. I look forward to working with you in the coming months and hope that I can help you develop your personality.

don't shy away from tough questions. They help you to learn and grow.

Have the bitter and twisted old gits got a better solution than the imminent self destruction... I guess not. A big price to pay for a delusion.

We are living through one of the most surreal periods ever in British history.

More devils advocate here-
A further referendum is a pragmatic and common sense solution to the current impasse and allows all to review better information.
Please explain why this is undesirable?

there are existing int and military agreements are without NATO. There are also agreements on criminal int.
There might well be but unless we're leaving NATO as well we can't threaten a withdrawal of most of our security co-operation. We could withdraw from any EU only agreements on criminal intelligence sharing but then we'd also be losing the co-operation of the rest of Europe.

the eu discards its own rules whenever it wants...
The EU have been telling the UK the exact same line on the EU's 'red lines' since before June 2016. I'm not really sure why we're supposed to be surprised that they're sticking to the line they've been following for three years or why some of the UK media are trying to pretend it's some kind of stab in the back on May when it's been said so many times before that they expect us to follow all four of their freedoms and they won't allow us to choose which we follow and which we don't. If we want the EU to bend or break their rules then we have to offer something good enough to make it worth their while. So far, apparently, we haven't. We also seem to expect them to come up with the solutions to the problems the UK has created by leaving.

Of course the answer is to do some actual preparation before sending the Article 50 letter, but who needs any of that when we can just say 'Dunkirk Spirit' over and over again?

A further referendum is a pragmatic and common sense solution to the current impasse and allows all to review better information.
because we have had a referendum. The result was leave.

just because you dislike the result doesn't mean you get a rerun.

likewise by putting it on the table you encourage the eu to give the worst deal possible in the hope of forcing a remain result in a second referendum.

essentially you are subverting democratic process.

There might well be but unless we're leaving NATO as well we can't threaten a withdrawal of most of our security co-operation. We could withdraw from any EU only agreements on criminal intelligence sharing but then we'd also be losing the co-operation of the rest of Europe.
No but neither can they, or are they leaving Nato? It works both ways.

The EU have been telling the UK the exact same line on the EU's 'red lines' since before June 2016. I'm not really sure why we're supposed to be surprised that they're sticking to the line they've been following for three years or why some of the UK media are trying to pretend it's some kind of stab in the back on May when it's been said so many times before that they expect us to follow all four of their freedoms and they won't allow us to choose which we follow and which we don't. If we want the EU to bend or break their rules then we have to offer something good enough to make it worth their while. So far, apparently, we haven't. We also seem to expect them to come up with the solutions to the problems the UK has created by leaving.

Of course the answer is to do some actual preparation before sending the Article 50 letter, but who needs any of that when we can just say 'Dunkirk Spirit' over and over again?
Regardless, the European discard rules when it suits.

I'd int and sy info cooperation is guaranteed by NATO why would the European fear it s withdrawal and why would David mention it as a benefit of membership?

All reasonable points well made @Tired_Tech. It is too late to stop this train crash. Such is life and the electorate will only have themselves to blame for being so easily lead.
They delegated the decision to the people and the people voted to LEAVE THE EU. It is now the government's responsibility to deliver that, not for Parliament to continue reneging on their delegation and pretending it is now for them to decide.

Oh and lads, click the safety back on & chill. It’s ok for us to have different opinions.

And yes- I can be a shit stirring knob. Embrace it.

I’m away to walk the dog.

Regardless, the European discard rules when it suits.
As does every other nation or international group.

They only do it when there's an advantage to do it though. I'd imagine that May making the same offer over and over again while being told it's not acceptable then crying that it's not fair isn't quite the same as making a good enough offer.

I'd int and sy info cooperation is guaranteed by NATO why would the European fear it s withdrawal and why would David mention it as a benefit of membership?
Who says the Europeans fear it? The post I originally responded to said we should do it.

Jonathan Freedland in the Guardian has pointed out the inherent risks in this approach:

We now need a people’s vote on Brexit. But don’t assume remain would win | Jonathan Freedland

Be careful what you wish for!

Btw, neither Gina Miller nor Kier Starmer could make a convincing case for a 2nd referendum on R4 yesterday.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Jonathan Freedland in the Guardian has pointed out the inherent risks in this approach:

We now need a people’s vote on Brexit. But don’t assume remain would win | Jonathan Freedland

Be careful what you wish for!

Btw, neither Gina Miller nor Kier Starmer could make a convincing case for a 2nd referendum on R4 yesterday.
Agree he has pointed out the dangers to the remain camp but really this is very much straw clutching by Remain trying to get the second referendum. IMO, if a second referendum was held then leave would walk it after seeing the antics of the EU. Only dyed in the wool EUers would vote remain plus a smattering of people scared of any change.

The EU have been Brexit's best recruiting sergeant!