Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Watching Newsnight, their political editor, Nick Watt says the EU - all along - have offered a bespoke variation of two deals:

1. A Norway option
2. A Canada style FTA

Failing either of them; a no deal.

I know Wordsmith has said this too, but what I can't understand is why TM didn't just go for the Canada style deal?

What's the (or her) problem with that?
The EU are insisting that the Canada deal would only apply to GB and not NI.

Sounds like a negotiating stance/pose, as is most of the other huff and puff and soundbites going around. Its unfortunate that when Tusk stated that Mays deal was unacceptable and that the UK had a month to come up with a new one May didn't tell her team to pack up and go home. Its currently all about who blinks first.
I’m worried May will bottle it. She just doesn’t have what it takes.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Watching Newsnight, their political editor, Nick Watt says the EU - all along - have offered a bespoke variation of two deals:

1. A Norway option
2. A Canada style FTA

Failing either of them; a no deal.

I know Wordsmith has said this too, but what I can't understand is why TM didn't just go for the Canada style deal?

What's the (or her) problem with that?
Because it won't have her name to it, therefore proving what a lacklustre PM she is/was.

Yeah, tell him to go and see if the grass is greener. It's not. And he knows it. Or he'd be gone already.
I know of one Pakistani dev and one Indian dev who disagree with you. One moved and one declined a move to the UK.

So we shouldn’t be protectionist?
You could always think about how this will affect our trading relationship with the two and with the EU.

The EU has already blinked..... and they’re on shaky ground
Of course they did sweetcheeks. Blinking all over the place and backing down to show how they really, really want the UK to stay on any conditions.
All UK has to do is come up with anything and they'll fall over themselves to change their rules to accommodate them.

Now you just sit in that corner and tell the nice man in the white coat exactly what it is you've been taking.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Of course they did sweetcheeks. Blinking all over the place and backing down to show how they really, really want the UK to stay on any conditions.
All UK has to do is come up with anything and they'll fall over themselves to change their rules to accommodate them.

Now you just sit in that corner and tell the nice man in the white coat exactly what it is you've been taking.
Oooh! Somebody's overdosed on sarky pills tonite! ;)

he he. just spotted this in the eye today, re Juncker and his legacy. It would seem that the EU want to pay Putin in Euros rather than in dollars.
"Juncker still tilted at a few Windmills though. the idea that the euro should replace the dollar as the reserve currency so that the euro-zone Governments can pay Gazprom in euros rather than greenbacks for it's energy supplies........" Now bearing in mind the US's open hostility and sanctions on the Russians, this will be good thinking especially now that Total have decided to quit Iran etc. Didn't the EU try that little scam in Iraq. Still, lets have a preview. Trump Loses/wins Midterms. EP parliament elections, Ukrainian elections, Juncker's replacement. Round and round and round she goes-where she stops nobody knows.

they're certainly pulling out all the stops to try to force a second referendum.