Brexit Phase Two - Trade

the problem is may, and other remaINers, think that the eu are out friends...

hopefully they are beginning to read the memos.

or in @Graculus' case, the tw@ats.
Give us another incoherent thread.

Today I have mainly been getting a camera put up my bottom. Today, as usual, you have mainly been speaking out of your bottom.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
A good speech, I agree with!
The only problem is May has no actual control over the EU. If its their intent that she either caves in to their demands or executes a hard Brexit, they are the only two choices she has. She can stamp her foot as much as she likes - it'll make no difference.

May is now realising the enormity of the mistake she's made in her negotiating strategy.

As John McCain said in Die Hard - "welcome to the party, pal".

Wordsmith

So,Tusk just said the British offer was unacceptable to the EU, with no clarification as to why?

Sounds to me like petulance, not a particularly good stance from which to negotiate.

If this isn’t a public humiliation for Theresa May I’d like to know what is.

The working assumption of anyone who wasn’t retarded enough to vote leave was that Chequers would be quietly taken as a work in progress and knocked into some sort of acceptable shape for a deal. Not happening.

It was easy to forget that Salzburg wasn’t a negotiating session but a platform for grandstanding.

The EU is an organisation that attaches importance to its principles which members have to adhere to and which Brexiteers don’t like.

Fair enough then leave but to expect the organisation to change those principles on the single market for goods and services , to suit a leaving member is ridiculous.

Britain requested to stay for another two years, that was generous enough to be allowed to but if you don't like the club pay your subscription fees and leave.

I'm not sure how long EU patience can indulge a Tory party infighting an unable to work out where the exit door is!

It’s a mess and indicative of what happens when idiots vote for something they struggle to understand.
it's obviously not something you understand either. As for paying up the subs, we can just walk. The EU should remember that little factoid.

So,Tusk just said the British offer was unacceptable to the EU, with no clarification as to why?

Sounds to me like petulance, not a particularly good stance from which to negotiate.
Bear in mind a member state has never voted ( pesky democracy ) to leave a decades old project. The USE was and is a given to those in Brussels. This vote goes against everything that the Union stands for.

Ireland, like Scotland, don't seem to mind outside influence and governance - so long as it isn't from England.
You might want to check out the attitudes of other former colonies/protectorates/possessions whilst you're at it.

We've distanced ourselves from that looming problem.
You still don't get contagion. Thanks for playing though Captain Peacock