Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
You can't fix stupid as PMTM is finding out.

Her own party & the EU reject Chequers yet she's still sticking to her 'yellow brick road'.
The Tory conference starts this Saturday. She's stupid enough to keep banging on about Chequers there - an idea highly unpopular with party activists. We could well see a serving Tory Prime Minister on the end of a slow hand clap. And that would be heaping humiliation upon humiliation.

I suspect she's also going to face a near rebellion in cabinet. I can see a change of course being forced upon her and Olly Robbins resigning "to spend more time with his family".

There is no way for PMTM to recover now, and when she's forced to resign next spring, it'll be a mercy killing.

Wordsmith

The Tory conference starts this Saturday. She's stupid enough to keep banging on about Chequers there - an idea highly unpopular with party activists. We could well see a serving Tory Prime Minister on the end of a slow hand clap. And that would be heaping humiliation upon humiliation.

I suspect she's also going to face a near rebellion in cabinet. I can see a change of course being forced upon her and Olly Robbins resigning "to spend more time with his family".

There is no way for PMTM to recover now, and when she's forced to resign next spring, it'll be a mercy killing.

Wordsmith
I think Dominic Rabb would be relieved to see Olly Robins resign. Long overdue and allow less interference as well obstinate.

In the current climate The Tory conference reception will be interesting one.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Wordsmith

When is this futile internal Tory bunfight going to stop deciding the future of the UK?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
There's no mandate for such nonsense.
Hard Brexit happens automatically on 29th March if no deal has been signed. And as @History_Man has pointed out, negotiations have to be finished by the end of November for the legislation to pass Westminster.

The joker in the pack is the European parliament, which also has to approve the deal. I would not be surprised to see them reject the plan, throwing things further into confusion.

Wordsmith

Hard Brexit happens automatically on 29th March if no deal has been signed. And as @History_Man has pointed out, negotiations have to be finished by the end of November for the legislation to pass Westminster.

The joker in the pack is the European parliament, which also has to approve the deal. I would not be surprised to see them reject the plan, throwing things further into confusion.

Wordsmith

Are you in favour of a hard Brexit?

shut up about mandates.

I've noticed it's generally trotted out by those with their backs to the wall.

the vote was leave.

I'd hard leaving is the only leaving option available, then it's hard exiting time.
There is no mandate for it.

Yep. It's better than the terms offered by the EU.

Please explain to me how being legally obliged to keep some EU law on our statute books and remaining subject to the jurisdiction of the ECJ is in the UK's long term interests.

Wordsmith
Thank you.

Latest Threads