Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Snipped

Brexiters want sovereignty, of what, we never lost sovereignty.
Brexiters want control of their borders, yet can’t tell the difference between a coastline and a border. They don’t know what to do with a border either.

End snip
You really do your case no favours with comments like that.

Breaking: Irish source says Theresa May indicated during this morning's bilateral meeting with Leo Varadkar that she does not believe it is possible that a deal on the Irish backstop can be reached in time for the October European Council. [thread]
Breaking news. Things will change.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The non-worried EU want us to hold a second referendum so we don't leave the EU. Diddums...

Brexit: EU leaders 'almost unanimous' in support for second UK referendum - latest news
There is "almost unanimous" support among EU leaders for the UK to hold a second Brexit referendum, as Theresa May warned that Britain is willing to walk away without a deal.
We'll be over the worst of our problems a few months after Brexit. The EU has huge problems on the horizon, which explains the anxiety about us leaving. Among other things we would have been a cash cow in the event of a eurozone failure in the next recession. In addition, if we prosper outside the EU, we might also catalyse other countries to leave.

Good luck to to the EU - should have given Call Me Dave meaningful concessions if you wanted to stop us leaving.

After March 29th, we'll be able to watch the slowly developing fuster cluck from the sidelines, secure in the knowledge we've insulated ourselves from a significant part of the pain.

Wordsmith

Which is a bit counter intuitive don't you think. If the concept of a higher education is to earn more and the money is borrowed, and people stick to jobs below the threshold, they ain't helping their pension pot either. No wonder we have shortages and gluts in the wrong places. Now my son used the education system the right way, learnt about life, saved money, paid for himself and now does what he wants which is working in mental health.
Just the nature of my work. I get just over 10k pa, (although housing, is thrown in) but I knew that before signing up, so I can't complain.

The non-worried EU want us to hold a second referendum so we don't leave the EU. Diddums...

Brexit: EU leaders 'almost unanimous' in support for second UK referendum - latest news

We'll be over the worst of our problems a few months after Brexit. The EU has huge problems on the horizon, which explains the anxiety about us leaving. Among other things we would have been a cash cow in the event of a eurozone failure in the next recession. In addition, if we prosper outside the EU, we might also catalyse other countries to leave.

Good luck to to the EU - should have given Call Me Dave meaningful concessions if you wanted to stop us leaving.

After March 29th, we'll be able to watch the slowly developing fuster cluck from the sidelines, secure in the knowledge we've insulated ourselves from a significant part of the pain.

Wordsmith
I wasn’t too happy with the result of the German election.

Can they redo that one for me

Wordsmith
I agree with that. There was some good stuff - some reports made it sound like they'd sent him away empty-handed - but a bit more would have been so much more sensible.

We'll be over the worst of our problems a few months after Brexit. The EU has huge problems on the horizon, which explains the anxiety about us leaving. Among other things we would have been a cash cow in the event of a eurozone failure in the next recession. If we prosper outside the EU, we might also catalyse other countries to leave.

Wordsmith
The Same EU that's decided that Michel Barnier & May will have a forthcoming 2 day lock in to wrangle out a deal.

PMTM has made it clear, no 2nd Referendum & A50 not extended.

Atm, On Politics live Alistair Campbell admitted that June 2016 'was' the peoples vote & still fantasising over another vote.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

calm yourself.

i want the 1975 European Communities referendum redoing. Should the vote go the other way, I expect 40 years of contributions to be returned to us, in exchange for the moneys we received from Europe.
We should be ok.

There was no unanimous decision from the EU therefore they can’t demand it.
Out of interest, which country didn’t think we should have a second referendum?
Those that did, why do they feel it necessary to interfere?

If we’re that unimportant why are the EU desperate to keep us in?

Thwart Brexit. How on earth can anyone ‘thwart’ anything when, the people in favour of it, haven’t the first clue what it is they are doing, what they want or what the point of it all is.

Brexiters want sovereignty, of what, we never lost sovereignty.
Brexiters want control of their borders, yet can’t tell the difference between a coastline and a border. They don’t know what to do with a border either.

I’m beginning to think that there’s something wrong with seriously true believer Brexiters.

They’ve finally found a cause, something to believe in. They’ve invested so much time attempting to defend what’s turned into the indefensible, they refuse to see what’s happening right in front of them.

I’m still waiting to see what the Brexit equivalent of the Volkssturm is going to look like.
image.jpg