Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh look, that kind Mr Barnier wants to help Mrs May now...

View attachment 352919
EU 'ready to improve' Brexit border offer

My analysis is that he's worried there's going to be a hard Brexit on the cards and he's going to do some back-pedaling.

It’s interesting the way the monkeys come back with sod all. Yet when the organ grinder goes across to talk to them it manages to get sorted.
She’s heading off to Salzburg, they’ve already announced a willingness to discuss ‘an improved border offer’.

I bet you it’s not what Westminster and the DUP have in mind, especially the DUP. It could be the money tree getting another hammering, or the DUP getting a behind the door kicking.

Interesting definition of back pedalling. You’re probably looking at a border in the wet bit.

It’s interesting the way the monkeys come back with sod all. Yet when the organ grinder goes across to talk to them it manages to get sorted.
She’s heading off to Salzburg, they’ve already announced a willingness to discuss ‘an improved border offer’.

I bet you it’s not what Westminster and the DUP have in mind, especially the DUP. It could be the money tree getting another hammering, or the DUP getting a behind the door kicking.

Interesting definition of back pedalling. You’re probably looking at a border in the wet bit.

The only ‘wet Bit’ will be the puddle of Remainer tears as another Brexit ‘obstacle’ melts away.

As i've said before, my money is on Sajid Javid. He's moved quietly from the remain to the Brexit camp, has shown he's not been afraid to junk May's more ridiculous policies from her time as Home Secretary, moves quickly to address any current blunders in the Home Office, has keep largely out of the May v Brexiteer fights and has gradually grown into the job as a senior minister. Finally, he's got a lot of practical business experience and has been making it quietly clear he wants the top job.

Wordsmith
wot the One Cameron Promised him-whatever happens don't make the next PM an Englishman-oh wait.... or woman

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
wot the One Cameron Promised him-whatever happens don't make the next PM an Englishman-oh wait.... or woman
Sajid Javid would tick two boxes that the conservatives have generally failed to reach: ethnic minorities and the Muslim community. I suspect those votes would outweigh those lost from traditional Tory voters unhappy at having a dusky hued gentleman as party leader.

On a personal level, I also think he'd be breath of fresh air in politics.

I also suspect he'll drive hard to exploit the opportunities created by Brexit - a big plus in my book.

Wordsmith

Sajid Javid would tick two boxes that the conservatives have generally failed to reach: ethnic minorities and the Muslim community. I suspect those votes would outweigh those lost from traditional Tory voters unhappy at having a dusky hued gentleman as party leader.

On a personal level, I also think he'd be breath of fresh air in politics.

I also suspect he'll drive hard to exploit the opportunities created by Brexit - a big plus in my book.

Wordsmith
Well being Anglo/English and being well aware that dusky types have been with us here on this sceptered Isle since God was a lad, cos either the Pheonicians or the Romans brung em here, the only thing that matters to me is if he hits my thought pattern.
In other words if they identify with being English, we angles never really had a problem

Well being Anglo/English and being well aware that dusky types have been with us here on this sceptered Isle since God was a lad, cos either the Pheonicians or the Romans brung em here, the only thing that matters to me is if he hits my thought pattern.
In other words if they identify with being English, we angles never really had a problem
Apart from all of the angles who do have a problem.

1537359697757.png

no. Much worse. Those who are currently ambivalent or supportive.
I'm neither ambivalent nor supportive regardless of what you or others believe and I'm pretty sure I know who will be doing the blaming. Same people who said it would be a doddle

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
This from the Boris Johnson.....not twit feed.

And for those of you who have enjoyed listening to David Davis, Nigel Farage and Bernard Jenkin on #r4today this week, tune in tomorrow for the next in our ‘Brexit Fuckwits Spouting Shit’ series.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Someone been on a dinner time sesh?
Sadly, since Baglock was consigned to the outer darkness, I occasionally have to hit the 'show ignored posts' button to see who has stepped in his/her/its shoes as purveyor (by royal appointment) of this thread's ration of advanced wibble.

I have optained the following footage of @skid2 (aided by his grandfather) making the afore mentioned post.

1537364819955.jpeg

Wordsmith :smile:

Sadly, since Baglock was consigned to the outer darkness, I occasionally have to hit the 'show ignored posts' button to see who has stepped in his/her/its shoes as purveyor (by royal appointment) of this thread's ration of advanced wibble.

I have optained the following footage of @skid2 (aided by his grandfather) making the afore mentioned post.

View attachment 352967

What happened to Baglock?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

View attachment 352967

Abuse and nothing at all to add.
Tactics without strategy, the noise before defeat.
The ERG march forward seems to have stalled.

Johnson, almost completely silent. Rumoured to be in something of a state having finally realised that Brexit has wrecked something more important to Boris than the Conservative party.

Davis missing presumed something or other. Andrew Bridgen hasn’t exactly covered himself in media glory.

Redwood looked really shaken on BBC 2 this morning. The B team having been abandoned by the leaders doesn’t seem to be handling this very well at all.

Things seem rather chaotic in the brexiter world, it looks as if my original prophecy of a Pyrrhic victory was far too optimistic.