• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I will once more predict with absolute certainty, the border will end up exactly as it’s been since 1922, a meaningless line on a map that allowS the Big Men both north and south to make lots of money smuggling.
Most people blessed with a normal British nature, not one of the perpetual keyboard tribe habitually on here, did actually see this one coming, along with a shipload of other compromises from said EU.
No change, no change.
And now for the next Project Fear factor, a word from our sponsors (who also DGAF)

May will survive the Tory conference. As I keep saying, with just 6 months before Brexit and with just a couple of months to agree a deal before time runs out to get the legislation in place, there is no way she will be removed before March of next year.

But I wouldn't give much for her chances of surviving as PM much more than April/May of next year. She has the botched 2017 GE and the Horlicks she's made of the Brexit negotiations on her account. The Tories know she can't win the 2022 GE and they'll want to let her memory fade as much as possible before that comes around.

Plus, getting rid of her immediately after Brexit, leaves her the ideal person to pin the blame for the economic turbulence on, while the new Tory leader will inevitably claim the credit for when things start to go better.

May will get through the conference, but she's on borrowed time.

Wordsmith
The focus point of her position maybe between April & the summer recess, the impact of the transition period will be distractor too, Mays legacy is on consistent edit...

Odds for May’s replacement?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
The focus point of her position maybe between April & the summer recess, the impact of the transition period will be distractor too, Mays legacy is on consistent edit...

Odds for May’s replacement?
As i've said before, my money is on Sajid Javid. He's moved quietly from the remain to the Brexit camp, has shown he's not been afraid to junk May's more ridiculous policies from her time as Home Secretary, moves quickly to address any current blunders in the Home Office, has keep largely out of the May v Brexiteer fights and has gradually grown into the job as a senior minister. Finally, he's got a lot of practical business experience and has been making it quietly clear he wants the top job.

Wordsmith

As i've said before, my money is on Sajid Javid. He's moved quietly from the remain to the Brexit camp, has shown he's not been afraid to junk May's more ridiculous policies from her time as Home Secretary, moves quickly to address any current blunders in the Home Office, has keep largely out of the May v Brexiteer fights and has gradually grown into the job as a senior minister. Finally, he's got a lot of practical business experience and has been making it quietly clear he wants the top job.

Wordsmith
a spot in analysis- the trouble is I cannot help but think that there will be many rank and file conservatives who would secretly be very uncomfortable with him at the top.

a spot in analysis- the trouble is I cannot help but think that there will be many rank and file conservatives who would secretly be very uncomfortable with him at the top.
Why?
Because he’s of colour?

Let’s not forget that the Tories have provided the only two female PMs we’ve had

Most people blessed with a normal British nature, not one of the perpetual keyboard tribe habitually on here, did actually see this one coming, along with a shipload of other compromises from said EU.
No change, no change.
And now for the next Project Fear factor, a word from our sponsors (who also DGAF)

<snigger>

I fear you have it there. Not my view I hasten to add, just a gut feeling (and therefore not worth a candle)
I wouldn’t believe the propaganda. The Tories have managed to provide the UKs only two prime ministers who are women and The leader of the Scottish Tories is openly gay.

Last edited:
i think a little bit of realisation that their stance isn't helping the process may be a, albeit small factor, too.

the eu will be despised should it deliver a less than optimum deal.

Not forgetting th3 tend of thousands of very well paid German auto workers who will hold Mekels feet to the fire if they get their P45’s.
The last thing she will want is to pour more fuel on the AfD fire.

Not forgetting th3 tend of thousands of very well paid German auto workers who will hold Mekels feet to the fire if they get their P45’s.
The last thing she will want is to pour more fuel on the AfD fire.
Sure champ.

the eu will be despised should it deliver a less than optimum deal.
By who?

The people who already despise it?

The people who promised it would be a doddle?

yes, I'm sure boxheads being made redundant will cause a mass outbreak of happiness and love for merkle. They take to the streets chanting 'yay, eu'.
Relying on the other side isn't very bright.