• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Talking of which, where is @skid2 and shittinginabaglock?
I believe the thread holding the Sword of Damocles above shittinginabaglock finally snapped. The consequences for the runaway favourite to take first and second in SPOTY 2018 were fatal and they are no longer in the running.

Words cannot begin to express the sense of loss I feel.

Wordsmith

You're welcome. I hope that you're applying Skid! A man of your calibre would be extremely useful with a D-cell Maglite, Bic Biro, notebook and a ream of 156s, 162s and Notice 1s wandering around South Armagh.
stop that don't make me laugh, just wait till he has to do a bond check and clearance and possibly lights, ships file and all.

Holy shit. I’m not banned in the echo chamber.

Been out in the real world, horrified at what brexiters are coming up with. There’s a classic on RTE where a true believer gets his arse handed to him. Live. Dear God. That was funny. (But then Audrey’s one of ours)

Off to Europe + at the end of the week, for a while. Favour for a friend.

I see BMW are bringing their annual monthly shut down forward to commemorate Independence Day. (They do this annually, but this ones done purely as a reaction to any delivery difficulty. They reckon four weeks will give them a clue)

So much for the German motor industry nailing Merkel and putting Barnier back in its box. Looking forward to the Great Leap Forward tomorrow in Salzburg. Teatime, there’ll be more brexiter embarrassment. I’d stay in here it’s safe.
Nobody can hurt you.

The Irish border, solution, isn’t looking like a solution acc. to sources. The Irish revenue are bringing in over 400customs people for ports and airport.
HMRC are recruiting and bringing customs teams together for ‘border work’. But I’m not meant to mention that, so I won’t.

Thanks for asking.
Don't mention this then
EU 'ready to improve' Brexit border offer
Michel Barnier says he wants checks away from the Irish border and the UK's territorial integrity respected.

Holy shit. I’m not banned in the echo chamber.

Been out in the real world, horrified at what brexiters are coming up with. There’s a classic on RTE where a true believer gets his arse handed to him. Live. Dear God. That was funny. (But then Audrey’s one of ours)

Off to Europe + at the end of the week, for a while. Favour for a friend.

I see BMW are bringing their annual monthly shut down forward to commemorate Independence Day. (They do this annually, but this ones done purely as a reaction to any delivery difficulty. They reckon four weeks will give them a clue)

So much for the German motor industry nailing Merkel and putting Barnier back in its box. Looking forward to the Great Leap Forward tomorrow in Salzburg. Teatime, there’ll be more brexiter embarrassment. I’d stay in here it’s safe.
Nobody can hurt you.

The Irish border, solution, isn’t looking like a solution acc. to sources. The Irish revenue are bringing in over 400customs people for ports and airport.
HMRC are recruiting and bringing customs teams together for ‘border work’. But I’m not meant to mention that, so I won’t.

Thanks for asking.
Jesus.
I know this is a military website....I just hope to feck that @skid2 has never had the privilege of leading British service personnel.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Sadly for you Skid, I do know. Like Leo, I am a Customs Officer and have done the job for real. It beats talking to people down the pub and then tapping away on your keyboard. Anyway, like the Caffreys, you're not bitter!
Murphys, mate, Murphys!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Is that not just the "technical border" that was proposed and rejected, wrapped up in different words? It looks like this is the technology that has been available all along and the EU have been fücking about just for the sake of making things difficult!
It looks like a conveniently timed gambit for the EU to assist PMTM survive the Tory Party conference. There will probably be a few other nods and winks forthcoming in Salzburg, too.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It looks like a conveniently timed gambit for the EU to assist PMTM survive the Tory Party conference. There will probably be a few other nods and winks forthcoming in Salzburg, too.
And then withdraw the offer in a couple of weeks time? I think they are too late to ensure a smooth time for Mrs M at the Tory Party conference.

the technology and precedent for a open border between an eu member and non-eu country is already in use.

I'd this is a gambit assist May, one can surmise that the previous stance was a gambit to do what exactly?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
May will survive the Tory conference. As I keep saying, with just 6 months before Brexit and with just a couple of months to agree a deal before time runs out to get the legislation in place, there is no way she will be removed before March of next year.

But I wouldn't give much for her chances of surviving as PM much more than April/May of next year. She has the botched 2017 GE and the Horlicks she's made of the Brexit negotiations on her account. The Tories know she can't win the 2022 GE and they'll want to let her memory fade as much as possible before that comes around.

Plus, getting rid of her immediately after Brexit, leaves her the ideal person to pin the blame for the economic turbulence on, while the new Tory leader will inevitably claim the credit for when things start to go better.

May will get through the conference, but she's on borrowed time.

Wordsmith