Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Lord Sir Nigel of Brexit on LBC now.:cool:

So the next step is being buried!:;)
Not really.

I voted leave through a long held gut feel that the EU is a wrong un.

I even worried after the referendum result thinking ‘what have I done.’

The more I’ve seen weasels like Blair, Cameron,Clegg andlady Nugent try and overturn a democratic result, the more I realise I made the right decision.

Last edited:
Not really.

I voted leave through a long held guy feel that the EU is a wrong un.

I even worried after the referendum result thinking ‘what have I done.’

The more I’ve seen weasels like Blair, Cameron,Clegg andlady Nugent try and overturn a democratic result, the more I realise I made the right decision.
Fair enough, but don't forget your man Lord Sir Nigel of Brexit in that line-up.

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/brexit-phase-two-trade.268800/page-2482#post-8802874

One wonders if the EU would be so keen on a (Second) People’s Vote if the actual People’s Vote had gone their way...
Funny, that.
It's not like having a second vote worked in Ireland or NL. Other sovereign nations are were available.

Last edited:
Now the PoPo are at it saying that they won't be able to protect us if it's a 'Hard' Brexit (The one we voted for).
Q1: How do we handle non EU Police matters?
Q2: European arrest warrants...I'm reliably informed by my SB mate that they are a load of shite?
Q3: Interpol?

Iain Dale on LBC at the moment.
Fed up with the idiot box, ID's radio programme is a good antidote with some good, balanced contributors. It isn't just a phone in.

Now the PoPo are at it saying that they won't be able to protect us if it's a 'Hard' Brexit (The one we voted for).
Q1: How do we handle non EU Police matters?
Q2: European arrest warrants...I'm reliably informed by my SB mate that they are a load of shite?
Q3: Interpol?

Do the Germans export their villains to foreign countries yet?

thinking about the car industry in UK , and this "just in time" system they are all using .... surely , if there is going to be an expected 7 day period where all the parts are held up at customs, this is only going to affect production for 7 days , where the 250 truck loads of components per day are held up, by electronic customs red tape , then loaded and dispatched , would they not,after one week be running as they are at present,/QUOTE]

I thought about this , this morning before anything came on the news about shutting down the mini plant for a month. This may have been something I heard subliminally at sometime when I dropped off with the telly on, but pretty sure I hadn't heard anything on the news , until lunchtime . Maybe this is what will happen, except it will be a month to get everything rolling again

Don't know about that mate, if there is one thing we have learned in this country, as revealed by Brexit, is that below the obvious shouty layer of useless EU loving politicians we have absolute swathes of senior managers in the CS, Media, Finance and Business who are just as afflicted!

And its not just a co-incidence! they have all been taught/trained to think that way by following the same life path to their current positions in relatively tight circles of like minded friends who exist in their own echo chambers.

In essence, they are all clones who simply cannot imagine any other way of doing anything, fervently believe in the EU project and most importantly have no belief in the UK or its peoples - so, for that reason, simply getting rid of Junkers etc is not enough to sort the EU out because another mindless EU clone will simply just step up and fill their shoes. The whole rotten edifice needs to collapse and its corruption and nepotism exposed to public scrutiny to show the faithful the error of their ways.
I don't disagree - an old friend of mine's late mother always used to say that bureaucracies and big business value two things in future leaders i.e. high intelligence and low self-esteem, which was the perfect combination to ensure compliance. They would tolerate the odd maverick to occasionally shake things up but if they went off script, the mass of inertia immediately beneath them would successfully contain their enthusiasm.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Talking of which, where is @skid2 and shittinginabaglock?
Holy shit. I’m not banned in the echo chamber.

Been out in the real world, horrified at what brexiters are coming up with. There’s a classic on RTE where a true believer gets his arse handed to him. Live. Dear God. That was funny. (But then Audrey’s one of ours)

Off to Europe + at the end of the week, for a while. Favour for a friend.

I see BMW are bringing their annual monthly shut down forward to commemorate Independence Day. (They do this annually, but this ones done purely as a reaction to any delivery difficulty. They reckon four weeks will give them a clue)

So much for the German motor industry nailing Merkel and putting Barnier back in its box. Looking forward to the Great Leap Forward tomorrow in Salzburg. Teatime, there’ll be more brexiter embarrassment. I’d stay in here it’s safe.
Nobody can hurt you.

The Irish border, solution, isn’t looking like a solution acc. to sources. The Irish revenue are bringing in over 400customs people for ports and airport.
HMRC are recruiting and bringing customs teams together for ‘border work’. But I’m not meant to mention that, so I won’t.

Thanks for asking.

HMRC are recruiting and bringing customs teams together for ‘border work’. But I’m not meant to mention that, so I won’t.

Thanks for asking.
You're welcome. I hope that you're applying Skid! A man of your calibre would be extremely useful with a D-cell Maglite, Bic Biro, notebook and a ream of 156s, 162s and Notice 1s wandering around South Armagh.