Brexit Phase Two - Trade

If there is a collapse in house prices, more first time buyers can get on the housing ladder.

Of course, vendors will get less for their pad, but will pay proportionately less for whatever they move to.

It's all relative.
Again, see the twitter thread, it isn't likely nor forecast.

Within the fictional stress test the problem with the first time buyer scenario is that they have to have a job, collapses go hand in hand with unemployment.

You, and the other hysterics on the thread, aye you're one @Whey_Aye_Banzai would benefit from reading this:
Wonderful, Trigger. You posted the same thread I did debunking the housing story.
See that whale omelette, that's as thick as you, that is.
You were doing the same yesterday, critiquing my post without reading it, then posting the same links.
It's like arguing with a remain voter......oh:joker:

Last edited:
Wonderful, Trigger. You posted the same thread I did debunking the housing story.
See that whale omlette, thants as thick as you, that is.
You were doing the same yesterday, critiquing my post without reading it, then posting the same links.
It's like arguing with a remain voter......oh:joker:
Cheers chunky. So why all of the hysteria?

Indeed, but every time the idiot opens his mouth the pound collapses. It recovers and finds its right value, but the man is an utter fool
Boris Johnson?

Or another easily targeted scapegoat to be thrown to the baying mob? Read the twitter post above - all common sense.

View attachment 352099

Good job he's not a paediatrician really.
Carney need some press training. He's either stupid or not press trained. The bloke's advisors are either allowing him to be manipulated by the media or are part of the civil service clique that would appear to be intent on undermining BREXIT, and are manipulating Carney themselves.

Carney is a big lad and I'm sure he's no fool. If he doesnt want to remain a laughing stock, the bloke needs to get a grip of his direct reports - unless of course he's happy with the whats being attributed to him

Or another easily targeted scapegoat to be thrown to the baying mob? Read the twitter post above - all common sense.

View attachment 352099

Good job he's not a paediatrician really.
The point is, oh great mastermind of everything Brexit, is the story was spun as an 'Oh No, hard Brexit will cause a 35% drop in house prices' by the entire MSM, with no reference to the stress tests.
You see it through your anti Brexit goggles as, 'Oh look, they are having a go at poor Carney who was just doing his job'.
The fact is, you are incapable of seeing when you are being taken for a whale omelette sized Mug.

Carney need some press training. He's either stupid or not press trained. The bloke's advisors are either allowing him to be manipulated by the media or are part of the civil service clique that would appear to be intent on undermining BREXIT, and are manipulating Carney themselves.

Carney is a big lad and I'm sure he's no fool. If he doesnt want to remain a laughing stock, the bloke needs to get a grip of his direct reports - unless of course he's happy with the whats being attributed to him
He's not a laughing stock though, he hasn't just decided off his own back to stay on.

The papers are often talking bollocks on all sides and should be followed up to original source if possible. The stress testing makes sense, though I have read some economists who have said they're not rigorous enough.

The point is, oh great mastermind of everything Brexit, is the story was spun as an 'Oh No, hard Brexit will cause a 35% drop in house prices' by the entire MSM, with no reference to the stress tests.
You see it through your anti Brexit goggles as, 'Oh look, they are having a go at poor Carney who was just doing his job'.
The fact is, you are incapable of seeing when you are being taken for a whale omelette sized Mug.
Not by me it wasn't chunky. HTH. I was correcting the hysterics who didn't bother reading the link. HTH. Nice link, I'd give it a like if it was from anyone else ;-)

Cheers chunky. So why all of the hysteria?
"Chunky?"
You don't have a clue.
It's like being back at school......maybe you should dig further into my previous posts so you can think up a better ad hom.:joker:

"Chunky?"
You don't have a clue.
It's like being back at school......maybe you should dig further into my previous posts so you can think up a better ad hom.:joker:
<snigger>

Last edited:
Inherited one from my late BoL last year, used it for a month, not been used since. Don't drink enough coffee, but like the odd espresso now and again, and, the odd vanilla latte
You should be alright then . . . considering coffee will be rationed after Brexit!!

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I see Carney is at it again on his one man mission to destroy the British economy by causing a collapse in the price of housing stock. What an utter prick that man is.
That’s an interesting take on it. 35% fall in the price of housing stock. Maybe it’s the same as the way the pound has dropped.
Housing like the pound was always wildly overvalued and it’s just now finding it’s true level.

On the other hand those looking to get on to the housing ladder might just see the 35% drop as a good thing.

It depends too whether you have a home to live in or a house as an asset.

What would happen if house prices dropped to an affordable level, like three or four times your income. Would that really be so bad, although, what would happen would be speculators buying up housing and reinflating the prices again.
We should stop foreigners buying houses (that’s foreign foreigners, not foreigners who live here)
Empty houses, vested and put into the public housing stock.
They almost destroyed the housing market in Belfast, loads of Dublin and Belfast law firms bought up housing for buy to let

I wonder when the EC will be launching the investigation into the corrupt remain campaign.
Here's a graphic for the simpletons:
spending.JPG

And you still lost :joker:

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

The thing is, if he’s such a tube, how come he’s staying on having had his term extended through the brexit period. Of course when Iain Duncan Smith assumes power , Carnegie will be given the bums rush.

We'll win it next time around.

So long as the lazy, gobshite cnuts who are making all the noise actually turn out and vote.
Oh they did though. They even extended the vote a few days so they could register.
Mind you, a lot of us Gammons have died off and young, bright, Europeans will be eligible to vote.
Anyway, there isn't going to be another vote.:joker:

Last edited:
That’s an interesting take on it. 35% fall in the price of housing stock. Maybe it’s the same as the way the pound has dropped.
Housing like the pound was always wildly overvalued and it’s just now finding it’s true level.
Bank Stress Test;

Brexit: Carney makes property crash warning

Analysis:
Kamal Ahmed, economics editor

It appears that the Governor wasn't providing the Cabinet with a forecast of what the Bank believes would happen in the event of a no deal Brexit. He was briefing the Cabinet on what preparations the Bank was making if that does happen, including last November's stress test.
It was not a forecast.
It was an apocalyptic test where the Bank deliberately sets the parameters beyond what might reasonably be expected to occur. The major banks all passed the test, giving reassurance that the financial system can cope with whatever happens next year.
The Governor believes that a "no deal" scenario would be bad for the economy. But not as bad as the headlines today which are based on a doomsday scenario that is not actually forecast to happen.
Independent property expert Henry Pryor told the BBC that Mr Carney was "not predicting Armageddon, he was not predicting house prices would fall by a third, they are just making sure that if, for some extraordinary reason anything was to go horribly wrong, the bank is prepared."