Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Yet again you've entirely missed my point. You've also missed the point about the 'mobile customs patrols' as you call them. There will be no such thing. The plan is to ensure that an existing capability in the UK (including NI) is fully staffed for a start. It is also an operation that the PSNI are (a) fully aware of and (b) actively support. You need to go back to your man in the pub and tell him to check his sources more carefully. Two out of ten. Re-show homework later today.[/QUOTE ]

It’s amazing how I manage to miss so many of your ‘points’ yet you never actually state what your ’points’ are.
It’s probably what passes for humour at 4am

You didn’t have a point, otherwise you wouldn’t have brought in the GS. What exactly
is the point of including them. Are they being subsumed by the Irish Revenue? When it comes to the border.

Who brought up the mobile customs patrols in the first place if they aren’t going to happen?

The plan is to ensure that an existing capability in the U.K. is fully staffed?
That’s a great plan. Obviously someone burned the midnight oil on that. Does this mean you aren’t fully staffed at the moment. (Probably not, there’s an extra border to take care of.)

The PSNI must have been finally made fully aware of it in the last week as the CC was, last week really annoyed that there had been no communication or planning.

The projected closure of 3 border area police stations have been put on hold. That budget hasn’t been increased to cover the costs.
But I’m sure you’re on top of it.

I see Carney is at it again on his one man mission to destroy the British economy by causing a collapse in the price of housing stock. What an utter prick that man is.

I see Carney is at it again on his one man mission to destroy the British economy by causing a collapse in the price of housing stock. What an utter prick that man is.
If there is a collapse in house prices, more first time buyers can get on the housing ladder.

Of course, vendors will get less for their pad, but will pay proportionately less for whatever they move to.

It's all relative.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Skid was chatting to a friend this morning who I served with, he went onto serve with the Canadians and lives there, he travels all over the EU and has never had one yet

I hesitate to say it, but it may have something to do with looking respectable as opposed to sticking to the letter of the law. Or maybe the hire car people have no problem with American and Canadian licences. If the wheels really fall off, that may well change.
We always had AA licences as ‘spare ID’, although I got away with a library card for ages.

It's not that I'm not listening, it's just that I don't believe pro-EU/anti-Brexit propaganda.

Recent history has proven that no-one has a crystal ball, and those with an agenda like to make things up.

Remember this?
How many times do I have to tell you that I said he was wrong to use worst case scenario? The article agrees he was wrong as well. You've gone all mong button mashing again. A sure sign that you know you're talking horlicks.

Are you going to address this or not?

They also, paradoxically, forecast an increase in tariff revenue of £13 billion, as a result of erecting tariffs, alongside a drop in UK consumer prices of up to eight per cent, as a result of removing tariffs.

Or are you going to keep on stamping your feet and posting bigger pictures?

Advantage of being retired old chap , having lots of disposable income (spending it before the government or my kids do it for me), as for standing in a queue at the post office , just something else to wander about doing and keeping myself busy, along with a decent walk daily or prepping my van for holidays on the continent, (my god , how will we be able to afford that after a no deal Brexit), visiting big city(Edinburgh) on the bus , using my free bus pass (decent lunch , and a couple of drinks, and a nap on the bus home)... we pensioners know how to really push the boat out and fill our days

anyway, if you'd done a bit of research , you'd have found that there are only 90 post offices that actually do the IDPs at the counter, it is more realistic just to fill in the form and send it off, no worries though, we've not left EU yet so wont need it until march29th .and there is still that 2 year transition period afterwards ... still mustn't worry , I may have a week in Lanzarote before Christmas again this year ... hold on , that isn't part of the EU, so I will still be allowed to fly there even after the no deal Brexit... so ditch Benidorm , the pensioners paradise and travel an extra hour to the canary islands instead, and meet up with the pensioners out there..... (as if I would ever be seen dead in Benidorm).... (or Blackpool, before there are any snarky comments)
Sod Costa - that's like drinking tepid mud - get a Nespresso machine in your campervan like wot I did. saved a fortune when rattling around the continent. :)

Last edited:
If there is a collapse in house prices, more first time buyers can get on the housing ladder.

Of course, vendors will get less for their pad, but will pay proportionately less for whatever they move to.

It's all relative.
Indeed, but every time the idiot opens his mouth the pound collapses. It recovers and finds its right value, but the man is an utter fool

Project Fear now being led by Mark Carney!

He has said he is staying on at the BofE but I wonder how long he will stay after a new PM following Brexit?
You, and the other hysterics on the thread, aye you're one @Whey_Aye_Banzai would benefit from reading this:

Skid was chatting to a friend this morning who I served with, he went onto serve with the Canadians and lives there, he travels all over the EU and has never had one yet
Probably for professional reasons, HGV etc.

Or another easily targeted scapegoat to be thrown to the baying mob? Read the twitter post above - all common sense.

1536918198642.png

Good job he's not a paediatrician really.

Sod Costa - that's like drinking tepud mud - get a Nespresso machine in your campervan like wot I did. saved a fortune when rattling around the continent. :)
Inherited one from my late BoL last year, used it for a month, not been used since. Don't drink enough coffee, but like the odd espresso now and again, and, the odd vanilla latte

It's all relative.
Again, see the twitter thread, it isn't likely nor forecast.

Within the fictional stress test the problem with the first time buyer scenario is that they have to have a job, collapses go hand in hand with unemployment.

You, and the other hysterics on the thread, aye you're one @Whey_Aye_Banzai would benefit from reading this:
Wonderful, Trigger. You posted the same thread I did debunking the housing story.
See that whale omelette, that's as thick as you, that is.
You were doing the same yesterday, critiquing my post without reading it, then posting the same links.
It's like arguing with a remain voter......oh:joker:

Last edited:
Wonderful, Trigger. You posted the same thread I did debunking the housing story.
See that whale omlette, thants as thick as you, that is.
You were doing the same yesterday, critiquing my post without reading it, then posting the same links.
It's like arguing with a remain voter......oh:joker:
Cheers chunky. So why all of the hysteria?

Indeed, but every time the idiot opens his mouth the pound collapses. It recovers and finds its right value, but the man is an utter fool
Boris Johnson?

Or another easily targeted scapegoat to be thrown to the baying mob? Read the twitter post above - all common sense.

View attachment 352099

Good job he's not a paediatrician really.
Carney need some press training. He's either stupid or not press trained. The bloke's advisors are either allowing him to be manipulated by the media or are part of the civil service clique that would appear to be intent on undermining BREXIT, and are manipulating Carney themselves.

Carney is a big lad and I'm sure he's no fool. If he doesnt want to remain a laughing stock, the bloke needs to get a grip of his direct reports - unless of course he's happy with the whats being attributed to him

Latest Threads