Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
Uh
Christ, you're sounding bitter now; trotting out the quotes like exbleep, who thinks the EU is democratic.

Look, Leave monopolised 'patriotism' and Remain monopolised "Brexiteers are old, stupid, and racist".

It's fine; I'm okay with that, probably because it annoyed a lot of Brexiteers and they're not going to change their minds after that.

And I'll leave you with a quote:

"The real question is, at the end of the day, do we want to run our country? Are we proud of who we are? Are we happy to be just a star on somebody else's flag, or do we want to be an independent nation?"

N Farage
Farage. I’m sure he can’t believe his luck, fooling some of the people all of the time.

skid2

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
did anybody actually see the bus?

I do know that historical support for the EU has never been particularly strong in the U.K., hence the reasons why remainer in chief Tony Blair failed to deliver a referendum that he promised.

Do you think a bus that post dates the majority of the populations eurosceptism is the real factor why the majority of the electorate decided to vote leave? Or do you think there were other reasons?
I used to think there were lots of other reasons. Disenfranchised, lost communities, ignored by Westminster, sick of austerity. Immigrants eating up scarce local services and resources.

Most of this was Government policy which Europe got the blame for and carried the can.
Now that a lot of people have found out what they voted for and whatever it is, it’s not going to improve their lives one bit. It was a protest vote gone wrong. ie: they won.

Those that are still true believers in the wreckage we call brexit. Yep it’s the bus.

I used to think there were lots of other reasons. Disenfranchised, lost communities, ignored by Westminster, sick of austerity. Immigrants eating up scarce local services and resources.

Most of this was Government policy which Europe got the blame for and carried the can.
Now that a lot of people have found out what they voted for and whatever it is, it’s not going to improve their lives one bit. It was a protest vote gone wrong. ie: they won.

Those that are still true believers in the wreckage we call brexit. Yep it’s the bus.
Have you tried ‘an inherent distrust of the european experiment?’

It shouldn’t come as a surprise. We’ve never been particularly pro EU.

Polling history: 40 years of British views on 'in or out' of Europe

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs

Stop over analysing and projecting your own prejudices on the issue.

Brexit? We don't like the EU. It REALLY is as simple as that.

Only in Facebook posts shared with me by hysterical Remainers
ISTR the message was £350million ‘could’ be spent on the NHS.

That’s in line with the fact that the leave campaign wasn’t headed by a government that could implement policy, unlike the remain campaign that was backed by a PM and the civil service......who failed to do any contingency planning in the event of not getting the result they wanted.

exbleep

On ROPS
On ROPs
ISTR the message was £350million ‘could’ be spent on the NHS.

That’s in line with the fact that the leave campaign wasn’t headed by a government that could implement policy, unlike the remain campaign that was backed by a PM and the civil service......who failed to do any contingency planning in the event of not getting the result they wanted.

No, it was "Let's" fund our NHS instead. There was no "could" in it all.
And you are probably the only one left who actually thinks we send 350 million a week to the EU.
Even your Nige disavowed that before the referendum and the others waited 24 hours before doing so.

And you are probably the only one left who actually thinks we send 350 million a week to the EU.
Even your Nige disavowed that before the referendum and the others waited 24 hours before doing so.
Leave found a bit of spin that resonated with voters and used it.

Remain were of course entirely innocent of using spin to further their campaign.

Wordsmith

exbleep

On ROPS
On ROPs
Leave found a bit of spin that resonated with voters and used it.

Remain were of course entirely innocent of using spin to further their campaign.

Wordsmith
They were all guilty of spin and some continue it.
It was also the Turks are coming which has been replaced by the Albanians are coming.

It's been two years, exbleep; my suggestion is to try and find some peace within the situation. Stock pile some tinned meats if you must.

But it seems a bit daft trying to re-fight the referendum.

And if there's another, I do hope the Remain establishment tell us "You were all conned, vote to remain, you thick twats", because that'll guarantee Brexit wins.

:eek:

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
It's been two years, exbleep; my suggestion is to try and find some peace within the situation. Stock pile some tinned meats if you must.

But it seems a bit daft trying to re-fight the referendum.

And if there's another, I do hope the Remain establishment tell us "You were all conned, vote to remain, you thick twats", because that'll guarantee Brexit wins.

:eek:

Last edited:
They were all guilty of spin and some continue it.
It was also the Turks are coming which has been replaced by the Albanians are coming.
As I say, historical polling has shown a deep distrust of the EU. So making claims that the leave campaign swung it with lies firstly ignored historical polling for support for the EU has never been high, and also completely dismissed the lies/spin that the remain campaign felt it was acceptable to protect push out and that project fear continue to push out.

Can you explain to me why you feel that support for remaining in the EU has always been low even before we saw the mass migrations from the former soviet bloc country’s?

As I say, historical polling has shown a deep distrust of the EU. So making claims that the leave campaign swung it with lies firstly ignored historical polling for support for the EU has never been high, and also completely dismissed the lies/spin that the remain campaign felt it was acceptable to protect push out and that project fear continue to push out.

Can you explain to me why you feel that support for remaining in the EU has always been low even before we saw the mass migrations from the former soviet bloc country’s?

1.png

Romania and Bulgaria controls lifted

Fast forward to 2018

2.png

Romanian is second most common non-British nationality in UK

^ ^ ^

Living on benefits or working for minimum wage gives many Bulgarians or Romanians a better standard of living than they have in their native countries. Unsurprisingly, a substantial number have moved to the UK in an attempt to better themselves.

HMG was warned well before the event of the numbers concerned. The PM concerned (Blair) did not avail himself of an EU opt out that would have restricted the numbers coming to the UK in the first five years after those two countries joined the EU. Hence the flood of economic migrants from those two countries.

Among other things, they're keeping some of our home grown unemployed out of work, because they're more willing to do the low paid jobs.

Wordsmith