Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
The kick back is priceless, I read earlier that Superdry is the brand of choice for Chavs? Chavs are probably a large portion of the source of the increased turnout in the Brexit referendum.

What a delightful own goal this could be, he will be needing that last million soon!
He also owns Dunkertons Organic Cider as well as The Lucky Onion group of boutique hotels, restaurants and pubs in the Cotswolds.

...I just took a quick look at Superdry FB page , and they are taking a kicking over this

a couple of lentil knitting tree hugging remoaners , but generally much anger towards the man and the brand

c
The kick back is priceless, I read earlier that Superdry is the brand of choice for Chavs? Chavs are probably a large portion of the source of the increased turnout in the Brexit referendum.

What a delightful own goal this could be, he will be needing that last million soon!
cant say I’ve seen Superdry as the brand of chavs. Tends to be more upper working class and middle class.

Wasn't it established that we don't pay £350m a week?
In 2016 we handed over £13.1bn, which equates to £251.9m a week. Without what Blair left us of our rebate our gross wedge would have been £17bn (which is where £350m per week comes from - it is not technically wrong as it is the contribution for 2016 before the rebate is applied. However, in practice the rebate is applied before the Chancellor gets out the national chequebook).

EU spending on the UK in 2016 was forecast to be £4.5bn, making our net contribution £8.6bn.

However, there would have been caveats attached (not to mention the losses to a bloated bureaucracy in admin costs - a similar reason as to why tax credits are a bad idea).

It could possibly be light-heartedly likened thus:

Last week I mugged a Remainer and helped myself to £252 from his pocket. He promptly burst into tears and blubbed and whined and I took pity on him and gave him a little over a third of it back. However, it was on the condition that he only spent it on the things I said he could spend it on, and each thing he bought with it had to have my picture next to it with a caption saying that it was actually me that paid for it. We both thought this such a good wheeze that we decided we would meet up at the same spot every week and repeat the exercise.

Last edited:
...I just took a quick look at Superdry FB page , and they are taking a kicking over this

a couple of lentil knitting tree hugging remoaners , but generally much anger towards the man and the brand
Of course. People like wearing overpriced clothes made in sweatshops in India.

Don't they still go for Burberry, the little herberts?
Fake Burberry although I believe they’ve moved away from that.

Superdry as far as I can see isn’t a clothing manufacturer. It’s a brand.

This Shocking Investigation Might Make You Never Want To Wear Superdry Again

I’m not going to have a go at their business model, but I’m very confused to how an excercise in brand management gets impacted by brexit.

People want brexit and the EU for different reasons, but it’s difficukt to argue those points that they want so they end up argueing over fringe issues such as the economy.

Interestingly, I was meeting up with some friends at the weekend. Both work in the city. One works in venture capital the other runs a recruitment company servicing the city.

Neither see brexit as a big issue. Investment guy sees some of his portfolio performing and some of his portfolio under performing. He puts that down to the management team in charge. The recruitment guy is coining it in supplying brexit project managers. I asked what they did. The response was ‘f**k knows,’ but if company’s are willing to pay for them I’ll supply them.

Both see it as another Y2K hysteria.

The 'bumbling Boris' personna has allowed him to repeatedly outsmart his opponents and the media who fall for the silly billy Boris act.
He's far more intelligent than CMD yet he became PM.
Which have been your favourite clever 'bumbling Boris' moments? The one where he offers his friend information so he could assault a journalist? The hilarious false evidence to the foreign affairs committee that helped Iran build a case against a UK citizen? Lying to the party leader about an affair? Lying to the editor of The Times about made up quotes in an article?

Johnson has repeatedly proven his only interest is Boris Johnson, an odious character.

Which have been your favourite clever 'bumbling Boris' moments? The one where he offers his friend information so he could assault a journalist? The hilarious false evidence to the foreign affairs committee that helped Iran build a case against a UK citizen? Lying to the party leader about an affair? Lying to the editor of The Times about made up quotes in an article?

Johnson has repeatedly proven his only interest is Boris Johnson, an odious character.

And your point is.....?

c
cant say I’ve seen Superdry as the brand of chavs. Tends to be more upper working class and middle class.
These days, unless they sell Superdry at Tesco/Sainsbury's or Primark, the chances of me buying any of their shit is miniscule.

Firstly, that I don't believe he's as clever as you imply. Secondly that reaching a position where someone like Johnson is considered a realistic Prime Minister shows the lamentable state of UK politics.

Corbyn or Johnson at the next GE, a truly depressing prospect.

I don’t believe you are as clever as you believe yourself to be.

I think what was established is that nobody knew what was being sent to Brussels in the way of wonga, except that there was lots and lots of it.
I think it was established that a big red bus had this emblazoned all over it.

You're completely unable to acknowledge that, obviously, as you're the prime example of the personality I alluded to earlier. Totally unable to even consider the possibility that brexit could be a catastrophe.

If it goes tits up, you'll have practically everything to lose.
really do tell
Will I get the £750,00 back from BNP because neither the UK nor the EU could be bothered to actually do anything about Bank mal practice despite letters to the UK gov and the MEP Shaun Spiers who said the EU was looking at the issue in 1995........
Will the Government be forced by the EU to ensure I get full OAP ( because Government contracted me out whilst paying me shit) all of course in total compliance with equal pay act backed by EU regulations
Will my wife be compensated for the five year pushback on her Pension as a WASPIE if we stay?
I am minded of Bill Cosby's skit from oodles ago " And then suddenly I saw this Hole. None of us had ever seen a Hole before."
That hole, I leaned over and called Halloooo. Answer came there none.
The EU is that Hole- a pointless void. I can stick being ripped off by my own country- it's a fact of life, but an organisation that promises the world and then Welsches?

Totally unable to even consider the possibility that brexit could be a catastrophe.
I think most people have considered that; both Leave and Remain; it's hard not to have done so, given Project Fear.

But being controlled by fear is not a great way to live your life.

You're better picking a few principles and going with them, regardless of what frightens you.

I choose democracy. But I also think that for a nation to flourish, democracy is important.