Brexit Phase Two - Trade

It's not often you're right, guess what?

Wrong again.....

Funny you should say that. This year he and BBC Radio 2 DJ Jo Whiley officially opened a new state-of-the-art music school at Balcarras School in Charlton Kings, to which he had donated a sizeable sum from his personal fortune to help fund the project.

And

He’s also something of a philanthropist, recently donating more than £1 million in shares from Superdry to the Blue Marine Foundation, a charity that focuses on overfishing and biodiversity.

All you need to know about Superdry's Julian Dunkerton

You have no issues with Arron Banks and his gold/diamond interests though, aren't in the least bit interested where the money to fund Brexit came from.

South Africa's "gold slaves"

You appear to have ignored the classic Brexiteer man child statement which was funnier than his 50 years one, the one where he suggested that:

Britain could slash environmental and safety regulations on imported products after it leaves the EU, a Tory MP has suggested.

Jacob Rees-Mogg said regulations that were “good enough for India” could be good enough for the UK – arguing that the UK could go “a very long way” to rolling back high EU standards.

Britain could slash environmental and safety standards 'a very long way' after Brexit, Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg says
Hahaha; I love a good whataboutism.

1.png

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Democracy mate........democracy is the point.

We were repeatedly told we would be poorer if we voted leave. We voted for it anyway.
Spot on. Does that mean the rest of us who didn’t vote to be poor, that’s the 48%. We can leave the rest of the dumb ******* who voted for it to carry the can without any penalty whatsoever.
That’s ok then
You carry on. Beer, Pringles, best of luck.

Hahaha; I love a good whataboutism.
She been deselected yet?

You're not in the least bit interested in Indian workers, just a bit of Breitbart bog roll.

You were wrong about his philanthropy weren't you?

You don't care about the source of the money donated by Arron Banks do you?

She been deselected yet?

You're not in the least bit interested in Indian workers, just a bit of Breitbart bog roll.

You were wrong about his philanthropy weren't you?

You don't care about the source of the money donated by Arron Banks do you?
Grac, I keep on saying, it's not about me, mate. I know how I voted, and if cornered into another referendum, I know how I'd vote again.

This is more about the perception of the wider public.

Patriotism, the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson
What he's calling attention to is that scoundrels, when challenged, will often use false patriotism in order to shut up their opponents. It's a form of Ad. Hom when they've got eff all else to say.
Still, it makes them feel good so let's have a few more Quislings, traitors and so on.
Even though ruining the UK economy and lowering its standing in the world is more treacherous than anything they come up with.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
P
The Brexit camp monopolised patriotism; easy to do when your average lentil-eating Remainer views patriotism as something linked to Nazism and Trump.
Well lets just see how that pans out.

I’ve seen some stupid in my time. But I think brexit is going to need foreign aid to be able to take the biscuit.
And I’m back to be possibly misquoting Mark Twain ‘it’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they had been fooled’.

P

Well lets just see how that pans out.

I’ve seen some stupid in my time. But I think brexit is going to need foreign aid to be able to take the biscuit.
And I’m back to be possibly misquoting Mark Twain ‘it’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they had been fooled’.
Christ, you're sounding bitter now; trotting out the quotes like exbleep, who thinks the EU is democratic.

Look, Leave monopolised 'patriotism' and Remain monopolised "Brexiteers are old, stupid, and racist".

It's fine; I'm okay with that, probably because it annoyed a lot of Brexiteers and they're not going to change their minds after that.

And I'll leave you with a quote:

"The real question is, at the end of the day, do we want to run our country? Are we proud of who we are? Are we happy to be just a star on somebody else's flag, or do we want to be an independent nation?"

N Farage

I'm not sure either Superdry or #peoplesvote_uk expected the level of online backlash towards attempted to being bought.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh dear.

Italy to defy EU's grip with €80bn infrastructure blitz
Italy’s populist government is drawing up a ‘Marshall Plan’ of up to €80bn to rebuild the country’s dilapidated infrastructure after the Genoa bridge collapse, seizing on the politically-charged disaster to smash EU budget rules.

Officials aim to invoke the ‘Golden Rule’ championed by Britain’s Gordon Brown to remove chunks of public investment from the headline budget deficit, a ruse that would make it easier for the radical Five Star-Lega coalition open the floodgates of fiscal stimulus and reflate Italy’s stagnant economy.
Another nail in the coffin of the euro.
  1. Rating agencies are going to downgrade Italy's credit rating pushing up borrowing costs in Italy's existing debt mountain.
  2. Looks like they're going to take a leaf out of Gordon (no boom or bust) Brown's book at try and hide a lot of the spending off the balance sheet. Look how much value Brown's PFI schemes turned out to be in the UK....
  3. Add in Italian corruption and a lot of that €80bn is going to end in in people pockets, rather than in rebuilding infrastructure.
Might not take the next recession of finish off the euro. If Italy's borrowing costs start to seriously climb to 8% - 10% as investors take fright, the euro might not make it to the next recession.

There are going to be a lot of brown underpants in Brussels.

Wordsmith

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm not sure either Superdry or #peoplesvote_uk expected the level of online backlash towards attempted to being bought.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
Superdry's FB page is copping some flak as well.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Wasn't it established that we don't pay £350m a week?
I think what was established is that nobody knew what was being sent to Brussels in the way of wonga, except that there was lots and lots of it.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I think what was established is that nobody knew what was being sent to Brussels in the way of wonga, except that there was too much of it.
FOC, mate, for absolute clarity.

The kick back is priceless, I read earlier that Superdry is the brand of choice for Chavs? Chavs are probably a large portion of the source of the increased turnout in the Brexit referendum.

What a delightful own goal this could be, he will be needing that last million soon!