Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Still in the EU, and if your conspiracy theories are to be believed, we'll probably be staying in a practical sense.
You are building yourself up for such a disappointment!

You do realise that there are many, many countries in the world that get visa free travel to the Schengen area for a 3 month visit, don't you? (see above. Or you could if the site would accept more than 20 images ).
And that the visa they are talking about will not include the UK (or Ireland come to that) as we aren't in the Schengen area.
And that the promise to allow these visas was because Turkey agreed to take many of the refugees from Europe provided they met all the requirements laid down (which they haven't).
And Turkey doesn't allow ships or planes to enter Turkey from Cyprus (a EU country) and that they will have to cut back on their anti-terror laws (which they won't because of the Kurdish problem).
And that the visa is simply for visiting and for nothing else?

What were you saying about Project Fear? Seems like you are trying to push your own Project Fear for some reason except that you are clutching at any straw to blend in with your lopsided views.

Now, anything to say about trade?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Are you taking warnings of food and medicine shortages serious by stockpiling?
You're having a laff.

Im half an hour driving to Yoorip. Any shortages caused by brexit stupidity (apart from common sense) I can pick up.
You don't think I'm relying on you bunch of halfwits. @Edwardian Fred is your new best friend. He'll probably be taking requests for when the trouble starts.

You do realise that there are many, many countries in the world that get visa free travel to the Schengen area for a 3 month visit, don't you? (see above. Or you could if the site would accept more than 20 images ).
And that the visa they are talking about will not include the UK (or Ireland come to that) as we aren't in the Schengen area.
And that the promise to allow these visas was because Turkey agreed to take many of the refugees from Europe provided they met all the requirements laid down (which they haven't).
And Turkey doesn't allow ships or planes to enter Turkey from Cyprus (a EU country) and that they will have to cut back on their anti-terror laws (which they won't because of the Kurdish problem).
And that the visa is simply for visiting and for nothing else?

What were you saying about Project Fear? Seems like you are trying to push your own Project Fear for some reason except that you are clutching at any straw to blend in with your lopsided views.

Now, anything to say about trade?
rules, like democracy, are fluid. If the circumstances dictate anything can be offered.

I enjoyed lunch out in Oxford earlier today with an old mate who is a Tory donor, not in the really big league perhaps, but he'll happily shell out four grand for a place at a dinner here or there and is on first name terms with many senior Tories. Anyway, he said something very interesting and that is that the mood in the party both amongst MPs, members and donors has shifted decisively against Theresa May and in favour of Boris Johnson.

He likes the former and is not at all keen on the latter, but he was quite clear that May is unpopular with the wider electorate and that she will have to go. Her continued presence in No. 10 is already causing them electoral damage in terms of polling and it is a question of how much longer the party as a whole are prepared to tolerate her.

Finally, he believes that her Brexit Customs plan is completely unworkable and that the EU have been right to consistently reject it (he had a good career with several multinationals followed by some lucrative non-executive directorships).

Edited to add, link here in The Spectator in case anyone doubts what I have said i.e. that the mood is moving decisively against Theresa May:

Theresa May’s exit strategy | The Spectator

Last edited:

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I enjoyed lunch out in Oxford earlier today with an old mate who is a Tory donor, not in the really big league perhaps, but he'll happily shell out four grand for a place at a dinner here or there and is on first name terms with many senior Tories. Anyway, he said something very interesting and that is that the mood in the party both amongst MPs, members and donors has shifted decisively against Theresa May and in favour of Boris Johnson.

He likes the former and is not at all keen on the latter, but he was quite clear that May is unpopular with the wider electorate and that she will have to go. Her continued presence in No. 10 is already causing them electoral damage in terms of polling and it is a question of how much longer the party as a whole are prepared to tolerate her.

Finally, he believes that her Brexit Customs plan is completely unworkable and that the EU have been right to consistently reject it (he had a good career with several multinationals followed by some lucrative non-executive directorships).

Edited to add, link here in The Spectator in case anyone doubts what I have said i.e. that the mood is moving decisively against Theresa May:

Theresa May’s exit strategy | The Spectator

That's the trouble, the realisation of an unworkable brexit. (No single market or customs union)
Realising that not even leaving laying a wreath at terrorist graves can shake Corbyn or wreck his reputation. (It was claimed Michael Foot turned up at the Cenotaph in a donkey jacket. It was a lie)
Next the Torys panic, freak out and do something really stupid, although stupider than brexit would be hard to beat.
Brexit and Boris. Cue applause from the Europeans and laughter from the the Irish.
Well done. Really.

Brexit: Government to publish no-deal advice on Thursday

Excellent...just as the mastermind of chaos returns to the spotlight to oversee the carnage!

Something like this...

helping-him-out_1630932i.jpg