Brexit Phase Two - Trade

You have to remember, for other than the UK, electoral democracy is a novel and new concept to the vast majority of EUropean States.

Until quite recently, it was mostly Fascist dictatorships or the rule of kings.

The EU and its utter contempt for the democratic process is just normal jogging for Europe
Your history's a bag of shite. HTH. Greece is considered the home of democracy, universal suffrage is a relatively recent development in the scheme of things.

Baglock

On ROPS
On ROPs
Remind me how well that worked when the European parliament objected to the appointment of Martin Selmayr as it didn't go through due process.

The European parliament was given a stiff ignoring.

Wordsmith
It's always been half a century away, starting in 1959. Shame it was used as a billboard for dog-whistle politics, though.
vote-leave-turkey-is-joining-the-eu-poster1.jpg

No, if you can't see the effect of the EU open border policy in Syria and the collusion of the UN UNHCR under KSA chairmanship- you're not as bright as I thought you were.
You really are dense aren't you? Who supports KSA at the UN, now and for the foreseeable? Here's a clue, both are members of the Security Council and each can be described with two letters, the first letter of both being U.

British to block probe into Saudi war crimes at UN to protect trade

[

It’s all a bit like a corrupt Roman imperial court with chancers manouvering with the Senate to be the next Caesar.

Treaty of Rome begats a new Roman Empire.
Current cabinet and goings on described perfectly, with Brutus BoJo sharpening the blade whilst being egged on by Cassius Davis.

Last edited:
an important distinction that many remainers don't grasp. In their rush to paint all leavers as xenophobic bigots the detail gets blurry.
I judge people by the company they keep.

Baglock

On ROPS
On ROPs
It's like I've touched a soft spot. You know this thread isn't about me, it's about the EU.

Why aren't there ethnics represented in it's institutions, other than cleaners of course?
You're full of it.

Your argument is vapid and insincere.

As bad as folk who only get riled up about rape attacks, only if perpetrated by Muslims.

You don't give a toss about diversity at the EU

Last edited:

Baglock

On ROPS
On ROPs
Interesting fact buried there: Barnier was Juncker’s rival for the top job. Juncker’s tenure is up next year. Maybe Barnier’s hardman stance on Brexit negotiations is an attempt to make him look like a ‘strong and stable’ successor when the time comes?
Why can't people understand that Barnier does what he's told by the EU council?

Barnier took the job on in order to give himself the best possible chance of Junker's job next time

Why didnt the brexiters pick up on on this on jobs creation and inward investment .

£26,000 a head. Just for the training course. That's what the Dept. For International Trade is paying Deloittes to train up 100 staff for trade dispute resolution. The EU do that for us at the moment... imagine their salaries on top of that... every year!
We pay the EU to do that .

You do realise we pay more into the EU than we get back?

All that means is we’ll be paying for them directly, instead of paying somebody else to pay them on our behalf.

Last edited:
So was the British Empire and it's colonial children. You reckon this pish is relevant? Do you, like manofmanynames, have a collection of links and photographs of this kind of stuff? If you do, it's weird, full stop.
I reckon a continent that doesn’t share our historical ideals of democracy and law is relevant.

Any idea what Sorros and Blair’s next move is?

I see they’ve got Patrick Stuart announcing he’s leaving labour because of Corbyn’s stand on brexit? Do you think he’ll be moving to the libdems?

You really are dense aren't you? Who supports KSA at the UN, now and for the foreseeable? Here's a clue, both are members of the Security Council and each can be described with two letters, the first letter of both being U.

British to block probe into Saudi war crimes at UN to protect trade
Fully agree.

France, Saudi Arabia agree on need to curb Iranian ‘expansionism’

Only the EU can stop HMG from looking out for British industry.

Remind me again how many little brown people died after remainer in chief Blair egged everybody on to spank Saddam?

Baglock

On ROPS
On ROPs
Fully agree.

France, Saudi Arabia agree on need to curb Iranian ‘expansionism’

Only the EU can stop HMG from looking out for British industry.

Remind me again how many little brown people died after remainer in chief Blair egged everybody on to spank Saddam?
Yet the UK government is still merrily selling arms to Saudi knowing that this is causing enormous death and humanitarian crises in Yeman.

Unsurprising the UK MSM reports on this since we don't look like the good guys in this

Yet the UK government is still merrily selling arms to Saudi knowing that this is causing enormous death and humanitarian crises in Yeman.

Unsurprising the UK MSM reports on this since we don't look like the good guys in this

So you want lots of highly skilled British workers put on the dole?

Nigel Farge: The time has come to teach the political class a lesson: I'm back fighting for a real Brexit (paywall / register free)
The time has come to teach the political class a lesson: I'm back fighting for a real Brexit

Brexit: Nigel Farage to go 'on the road' with Leave group
Nigel Farage has said he is going "back on the road" to campaign against the prime minister's Brexit plan.
In the Daily Telegraph, the UKIP MEP said Theresa May's Chequers agreement was a "sell-out" as it included regulatory alignment with the EU.
He wrote he would join pro-Brexit group Leave Means Leave at UK public events.
Meanwhile, ex-civil service head Lord Kerslake has said consequences of a no-deal Brexit would be so serious, MPs would have to reconsider it.
The announcement by former UKIP leader Mr Farage comes after a string of resignations last month over the prime minister's Brexit strategy - including those of David Davis and Boris Johnson.
Mr Davis quit as Brexit secretary saying he did not agree with Mrs May's proposals, while former foreign secretary Mr Johnson accused the prime minister of pursuing a "semi-Brexit".

Full article here: Farage to go 'on the road' with Leave group

So you want lots of highly skilled British workers put on the dole?
Only so it will have some company while it sits idly, unemployed, button bashing, until the panto season comes round again.

Baglock

On ROPS
On ROPs
Only so it will have some company while it sits idly, unemployed, button bashing, until the panto season comes round again.
It's always panto season when you are around to take the metaphorical pie in the face at frequent intervals, my friend